• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Departure (BrightTomorrowshipping, PG, One Shot)

xEryChan

Demon Child
Title: Departure
Author: xEryChan
Fandom: Pokemon
Pairing: BrightTomorrowshipping (Calem x Shauna)
Rating: PG
Note: This was a dare I received in the Shippers Truth or Dare by Pikachu Fan Number Nine. The dare was originally supposed to be a drabble but I got a little carried away while writing and made it into a one-shot and I personally love how it came out.

I did read through it and corrected as many grammatical errors that I could find. I apologize if I missed any.

Anyways, enjoy :)

exBOCP7.png

--

All I wanted to do was cry and I could feel my heart racing a million miles per hour.

Being an army wife, I knew we were not guaranteed to spend every waking day with our loved ones. But I never, in a million years, would have thought this day would come. And truth be told, I wish it never had. It was killing me to see my husband, Calem, dressed in his army uniform as he was being checked and registered. However, I knew this was what he wanted.

He is truly a great guy. He is not the kind of person who would put himself in front of others. No, he is always doing what he could to try and help others. He is always thinking of others and putting their needs in front of his own. That is just the type of guy he is and it is something I have always admired about him.

And it was something that made fall in love with him.

As soon as he was registered, he made his way back over to where I was, alongside his mother. I looked up at her and I could tell that although she was as crushed as I was to see him leave, her heart was swelling with pride. Her son, her pride and joy, was going to fight for something he truly believed in.

He was going to fight for his region.

He was going to fight for our region.

“Mom,” he said, looking at his mother with sad eyes and an expression that matched it perfectly. He was unsure he should say. Or what he could say next.

Before he could say anything, his mother was quick to pull him into hug that nearly suffocated him as she cried into his shoulder. I decided to stand over to the side for a bit to give them some time alone before it was my turn to say goodbye.

I should be proud. I know I should be but I truly could not help the way I feel. I really did not want him to leave. I tried to hide from him the best I could but I knew he could tell I wanted him to stay.

But sadly, that is completely out of the question.

Before I knew it, he turned to look at me and he smiled softly as he made his way over to where I was standing. “Hey..”

“Hey,” I returned to him and greeted him with a sad smile.

And that was all I could say before I could not hold it in any longer. I just lost control over myself at that moment and I broke down. He reached out and pulled me into his arms, letting me cry into his shoulder. “Hey, it’s gonna be okay. Don’t cry.”

Part of me wished he was not being serious with that last sentence. How does he not expect me to cry. He’s leaving, he’s going off to war. He might not come back alive. I’m usually really good with keeping myself together in front of others but this is something that I just could not help but cry.

The part that was probably killing me more than anything else was knowing that he might not come back home for a while. That he might not come back home period.

After a few seconds, I pulled away and wiped my eyes with the back of my hand. I know he is probably just as sad as I am to leave but he is forcing himself to be strong for my sake. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry, I know how hard this might be hard for you.” He told me and I looked up at him. “I just want you to promise me something. Can you do that for me?”

I nodded my head. Anything. I’d do anything for him. “Of course.”

“I don’t want you to sit around and wait for me to come back. I don’t want you to be afraid to live your life without me. I want you to try to move on.”

“What?” That took me aback. Just what was he asking me?

How am I supposed to go on without him? He is my best friend. He is the only person who believed in me when no one else would. He is the one who told me to pursue my own goal and made me realize how fun traveling could be. I need him, I can’t move on without him.

I can’t, I just can’t.

“Look at me, Shauna.” He cupped my face with his hands. “I’m gonna be gone for a while, we both know that. I don’t want you to waste your time by waiting for me to come back. You deserve so much better.”

“But., Calem.. I..” I didn’t even know what to say.

“Please, Shauna… Do it for me. Just.. just let me go.” He even started to cry a little bit. “Just please.. I want you to be happy.”

How can he ask me something like this?

An announcement came on the loudspeaker and told ever the plane was going to be leaving in five minutes. I noticed the rest of the soldiers in the airports saying their goodbyes to their loved ones. I then looked at him sadly. “Please.. promise me that.”

I did the only thing I knew what to do, I nodded my head. I knew he really wanted me to agree to this. But to be honest, I don’t know if I would ever be able to move on if he’s not by my side.

There was only one person for me and it is always going to be him. Plain and simple.

He hugged me again and I did not want to let go. I don’t ever want to let go. But he pulled apart and he pressed his lips against mine in a passionate kiss, his arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me even closer to him. Then he pulled away and smiled at me one last time before he took his bag and slung it over his shoulder. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I almost choked on my tears and I covered my mouth with my hand.

He managed to give me a sad smile before he turned to look at his mother. “Bye mom. Love you.”

She gave him a sad smile and I could hear her sniffling from right next to me. “Bye baby, I love you more.”

Then he turned and walked away towards his gate. As he handed his pass to the person by the gate, he turned to look at the both of us, his mother and I, and put his hand against his forehead in a salute gestured, which we both returned. Then he walked into the gate and it was not that long before he disappeared from my line sight.

I went over to the window and I stayed until his plane left before I left to head back home.

I know that he wanted me to move on but I don’t know if I would ever would be able to. He honestly meant so much to me and I don’t know how I was going to be able to live without him. But since I knew he really wanted me to, I was going to try to.

But deep down in my heart, I knew this was not going to be the last time I saw him.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
This is very brilliant. I've always been a fan of military fiction. I love how you expanded it into a one-shot.

You get a 10/10 here.

ChloboShoka

Writer
I don't see a lot of military fics out there. I really liked this one shout because of that, it reminded me of a lot of the war themed things that I used to watch with my family. My late uncle was also a big fan of military themed stuff as he used to be in the Cadets so reading this reminded me of him. Really great dare response. :)