• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Desert Colossus (Mixed Tier)

Norleras

Sky Scourge
Sandstorm-based Tanks, a Team made to withstand heavy offense and counter-act the opponents' attacking force with more of their own.

Pokemon 1: Hippowdon @Rowap Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EV's: Atk 6, Def 252, HP 252
Nature: Impish

Move 1 - Stealth Rock

Move 2 - Curse

Move 3 - Rest

Move 4 - Thunder Fang

My Lead, maximized in Defense and HP Stats with the rest left to Attack, to get greater results from Curse as it sets up its Stealth Rock. Rowap Berry is Held as a slight buffer against foes using Grass Knot, Ice Beam, and other such Special moves which might debilitate my Team early-on. Rest handles all Healing purposes, and Thunder Fang is meant to be universal against foes such as Azelf, Jirachi, Gyarados, Weavile, and more. And allowing it as Lead prompts the Sandstorm field due to Sand Stream, disrupting Sash-holding foes.

----

Pokemon 2: Rhyperior @Focus Sash
Ability: Solid Rock
EV's: Atk 252, Def 252, Sp. Def 6

Move 1 - Reversal

Move 2 - Curse

Move 3 - Earthquake

Move 4 - Payback

One of my counter-attacking Pokemon, Speed was left untouched for the purpose of ensuring my opponent would always attack first, prompting a Payback of increased power, or a Reversal of maximized power thanks to Focus Sash. Curse and Earthquake are the easiest givens, for maximizing Defensive and Offensive stats should I have the time and ability to do so, while Earthquake deals with opposing Metagross/etc. that might be otherwise unharmed by the Sandstorm.

----

Pokemon 3: Lucario @Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EV's: Atk 6, Sp. Atk 252, Speed 252
Nature: Naive

Move 1 - Vacuum Wave

Move 2 - Bullet Punch

Move 3 - Low Kick

Move 4 - Substitute

Made to be a quick Mixed Sweeper who hides behind a Substitute. Vacuum Wave and Bullet Punch combine with the Life Orb to inflict greater priority-damage to opposing Pokemon, while Low Kick deals with Pokemon such as Metagross and the like that are known for being bulky. Hiding it behind a Substitute first is key, then I can Low Kick, and use whichever priority Move is needed afterwards for a quick finish.

----

Pokemon 4: Bronzong @Occa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 Def, 252 Sp. Def, 6 HP
Nature: Sassy

Move 1 - Gyro Ball

Move 2 - Payback

Move 3 - Safeguard

Move 4 - Protect

Another Pokemon whose Speed I avoided raising at all in order to ensure maximum power for both Gyro Ball and Payback. Safeguard will block from Paralyzing, Sleep, and other conditions that might be used against my Team, while the Occa Berry and maximized all-around defensive Stats combine with Levitate to keep Bronzong alive longer to hit more often.

----

Pokemon 5: Rampardos @ Muscle Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EV's: Atk 252, Def 252, HP 6
Nature: Adamant

Move 1 - Earthquake

Move 2 - Outrage

Move 3 - ThunderPunch

Move 4 - Brick Break

A total Physical Tank, Mold Breaker means I no longer have to worry about Pokemon who Levitate, Earthquake will hit regardless. Brick Break deals with any Dual Screeners I might run into, as well it provides good stopping power against Tyranitar and others. ThunderPunch is my answer to Gyarados and Flying-types who would be unaffected by Mold Breaker, while Outrage is meant as a simple power move when needed. Muscle Band provides them all an additional boost of power.

----

Pokemon 6: Torterra @Yache Berry
Ability: Overgrow
EV's: Sp. Atk 252, Def 252, Sp. Def 6
Nature: Bold

Move 1 - Earth Power

Move 2 - Grass Knot

Move 3 - Light Screen

Move 4 - Reflect

My Dual-Screen set-up, made to be a Special Tank on the side. Earth Power is used against what might be high-Defense Metagross or Tyranitar, etc., and Grass Knot is for anything such as those or other bulky defenders. Yache Berry provides cover against Ice-based attacks, particularly Weavile, etc. with Ice Shard and such.

----

So far I've only tested this Team in 5 Battles competitively, it's thus far managed to go 3-2 against Weather-based Teams, though Trick Room Teams have been giving it the most trouble. Out of all my Pokemon, so far Lucario seems to be faring least-well, followed by Rampardos by a slim margin.. I could use assistance with them, or possibly alternative suggestions for replacements, though the replacements need to be strong Defensively as well as on either Physical or Special Offense, with ways to utilize their bulky power and counter-attack with extra force.

Many thanks in advance!

Hmm. I'd say this:
Hippowdon: Good. He's a good lead. But go with 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD instead. And Earthquake, Ice Fang, Stealth Rock and Slack off. Impish is good.
Rhyperior: Good, stalling, but if you want to always attack last, go with Relaxed instead of Impish. This will put you below at around 80 speed. Very slow.
Lucario: Try going with a different set.
Bronzong: Perfect.
Rampardos: Incorrect. He's NU because he's too slow, and his defenses are bad. Go with Choice Band Mamoswine.
Torterra: Nah. Go with Agility Metagross. Dual Screens are good, but Torterra is not.

Big Beluga

u r a fatty
Absolutely destroyed by Offensive Cune, along with any other water too. Actually, youre pretty much weak to almost every offensive force, besides DD Tar. The only thing I can think of to help with this, is well, starting over. 3 grounds, 2 rocks, and 2 steels offer terrible synergy within the team.

ExplodingMuk

Cheese and Crackers
Sandstorm-based Tanks, a Team made to withstand heavy offense and counter-act the opponents' attacking force with more of their own.

Pokemon 1: Hippowdon @Rowap Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EV's: Atk 6, Def 252, HP 252

Move 1 - Stealth Rock

Move 2 - Curse / Toxic

Move 3 - Slack Off

Move 4 - Earthquake

First off, Get rid of Rest. Hippowdon has Slack off, which is better. Curse Might not be the best option, roar or a status move such as toxic would be better. And earthquake is a much better move than Thunder Fang, as you get STAB and a 100 BP attack. Evs are fine, maybe the 6 Atk into SpDef.
----

Pokemon 2: Rhyperior @Focus Sash
Ability: Solid Rock
EV's: Atk 252, Def 252, Sp. Def 6

Move 1 - Reversal

Move 2 - Curse

Move 3 - Earthquake

Move 4 - Payback

Shouldn't use Rhyperior. If you are looking for a revenge killer, Scizor or Dugtrio do much better jobs.

----

Pokemon 3: Lucario @Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
There is a better set can't think of it.
Nature: Naive

Move 1 - Close Combat [Red]Substitute[/Red]

Move 2 - Bullet Punch [Red]Focus Punch[/Red]

Move 3 - Earthquake

Move 4 - Swords Dance [Red]Bullet Punch[/Red]

Low Kick sucks. Close Combat will always be the better choice. If you are going to have Substitute, have Focus Punch. Second set in Red. You could also go mixed on Either
----

Pokemon 4: Bronzong @Occa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 Def, 252 Sp. Def, 6 HP
Nature: Sassy

Move 1 - Gyro Ball

Move 2 - Earthquake

Move 3 - Toxic / TWave / ?

Move 4 - Toxic / TWave / ?
Overall, decent set. Status > Protect and Safegaurd. Earthquake over Payback.

----

Better choices over Totterra and Ramparados. Unfortunately I'm too lazy to write any more.

tenchar ftw