• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Desinenza

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
649.png
Desinenza
006.png

[IMGsize=600]http://art.ngfiles.com/images/222/abluskittle_desinenza.png[/IMGsize]

649.png
Intro
006.png

So I used this team for suspects on the main ladder, and ended up doing pretty well with it, getting reqs easily before having a giant hax tilt. Then I wasn't able to get reqs on the suspect ladder due to irl time constraints, bummer. All it really is is a really solid bulky offensive ladder team that handles most of the top threats well and really showcases just how ridiculous CB Genesect was, as well as how great of a wall breaker and lure MegaZard Y is. The other members help take hits for these two since they're relatively frail and can get outsped by a good portion of the metagame. The end goal is to bring in Genesect late game on something that will give it an attack boost, so it can just clean with +2 Extremespeed, which is just crazy easy to do after the other team's been worn down by Drought boosted Fire Blasts and +2 U-turns. There isn't much is the metagame that this team struggles heavily with except Garchomp, but it's been manageable since once it gets worn down, Genesect can just clean through it. Overall the team's a great team for the ladder, and a solid one to use elsewhere, but with the Genesect ban it doesn't function anymore, so here it is.

649.png
The Team
006.png

dragongem.png
445f.gif
groundgem.png

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Garchomp is probably the weirdest member of the team because it's honestly hard to explain why he works really well for the team. For starters, he gives me a much needed Stealth Rock user to help wear down Talonflame and Mega Pinsir since I only have one counter to them, as well as keeping heavy offensive pressure. It also helps against opposing MegaZard Y, and since Garchomp is my only decent switch in, it's great to limit the amount of times it can enter the field. Chomp's Dragon and Ground typing helps plug some holes synergy wise and provides a decent switch in to things like MegaZard Y and Gyarados. I usually lead with him, unless the opponent has either a Defogger or something that I need Chomp to check. Thanks to the Defog buff, Stealth Rocks have become slightly less common, meaning Chomp's sash is a great asset. It allows me to bluff Scarf on slower threats, lure the set-up, then KO with my other STAB. He also gives the team a check to certain Pokemon once they've set-up, like MegaZard X. Dragon Tail is a real gem on the sash set, letting me stop anything that can set-up on me from doing so, bar fairies.

steelgem.png
nSvWzvg.gif
ghostgem.png

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 12 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- King's Shield

Aegislash has become one of those Pokemon, much like Scizor last gen, that you can just slap onto any team without any real drawbacks. Even with the Steel nerf his defensive typing is fantastic, letting him switch into things like Lati@s, Kyurem-B lacking Earth Power, most Fairies, Azumarill lacking Knock Off, Terrakion, the list goes on and on. He has great synergy with Conkeldurr and Rotom-W, and with those two he forms a bulky backbone for the team that can still pressure the opponent. Spamming Shadow Ball's off of a 150 Special Attack stat is plenty to wear down most offensive teams, and once Mandibuzz, the Pink Blobs or Chesnaught are killed off by MegaZard Y or Genesect, stall is just a field day for him. He also gives me something that can check Gengar, who's really annoying for the team, especially if it packs Dazzling Gleam. King's Shield is just fantastic for utility against things that would normally be able to counter him with their physical moves, and it really helps getting Genesect and Mega Zard Y easy switch ins.

watergem.png
479-wash.gif
electricgem.png

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Rest

Rotom-W is a great glue for this team, just like it is for every other team in the current meta. It just counters so many threats at the moment. Thanks to him the team has little to worry about from Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, Entei, and Lando-T. I run 30 Speed IV's on him to make sure he has a slower Volt Switch against other Rotom-W, so I can bring in one of my wall breakers safely. It's also a bonus he forms that nice Voltturn core with Genesect for more pressure. This team loves seeing things like Trevenant and Celebi out on the field, so having Rotom-W to bring this in and Volt Switch out is absolutely fantastic. For the set in general there's absolutely nothing special. I opt for Chesto Rest recovery so I can bluff a scarf if need be, and because Pain Split is so unreliable. Thunder Wave stops MegaZard X from setting up on me and still cripple Mega Pinsir. So yeah...Rotom-W everybody.

fightinggem.png
534.gif
fightinggem.png

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch / Stone Edge

AV Conkeldurr give the team a switch in to the extremely common and annoying Rotom-W. It also gives me a check to things like Kyurem-B, Genesect, and Bisharp. I run 252 HP instead of the Special Defense investment to let him handle Bisharp better, since if it gets boosted and Chomp has already used his sash, things get ugly. Knock Off helps this team against Stall by hurting Pokemon that lack natural recovery, making them fall easier so Genesect can rip through them. The offensive pressure this guy gives is great, especially if I switch him into something like a Thunder Wave from Thundurus. With Knock Off being viable, he can hit nearly every thing for at least neutral damage, except Azumarill. I've found Stone Edge to be a viable replacement for Ice Punch, letting him take out common switch ins like Pinsir and Charizard, but you would usually rather have Ice Punch for Lando-T and Gliscor, unless you opt to run Ice Beam on Genesect. His weaknesses are covered well by Aegislash and Rotom-W, and the three together work extremely well at wearing down the opposing team and letting my wall breakers get easy switch ins.

firegem.png
charizard-mega-y.png
flyinggem.png

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost
- Earthquake

MegaZard Y is the best specially based wall breaker in the meta at the moment, and it's simply because nearly nothing can switch into it. The only things that can do so 100% of the time are the blobs, and they can be taken care of with a bit of wearing down. He also work fantastically with Genesect, as they both have one common switch in against offensive, and some defensive, teams: Heatran. With Earthquake, Megazard Y gets the OHKO on offensive Heatran with rocks, and 2HKO's defensive variants. This works much better for the team than Focus Blast, Dragon Pulse, or Air Slash because Genesect or Aegislash can just plow through Tyranitar, Lati@s, and everything Air Slash hits either Fire Blast or Solarbeam does enough damage to it, so it isn't needed. With Heatran out of the way, little can take Drought boosted Fire Blasts or +2 U-Turns, allowing Genesect and MegaZard Y to just wear down the other team until an Extremespeed sweep is possible.

steelgem.png
649.gif
buggem.png

Genesect @ Choice Band
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed
- Blaze Kick / Ice Beam

Last generation, Genesect had already been banned from OU by the time it received new moves from its movie. At the beginning of this generation it was let back in, and CB Genesect quickly became the set of choice for it. The sheer power of this set alone was probably enough to call for its ban. On this team, Genesect's role is to come in as often as possible, then just click U-Turn, unless you can just Iron Head something for more damage. Blaze Kick is great for hitting annoying Aegislash switch ins, but Ice Beam can be used over it if you'd rather lure in Landorus-T and Gliscor after showing the band. Extremespeed is the move that makes Genesect work so great for this team. If you can get +2 attack late game, it's usually over right there. Outside of having high HP and resisting Extremespeed, nothing can stop Genesect's sweep. Extremespeed lets it bypass priority, meaning you can't just check it with a Brave Bird from Talonflame. The ease at which this guy sweeps if just amazing, since the only set-up it requires is switching into the right Pokemon. This is eased greatly by Rotom-W's slow Volt Switches into Pokemon that are typically Specially Defensive, giving Genesect the Attack boost. Without a doubt, this was tied (Mega Luc) as the most versatile set in the meta, being able to both wall break and sweep at the same time, and handle whatever you want with a slight change to moveset.

649.png
Conclusion
006.png

Just some quick notes here. Some threats to the team include Manaphy (Difficult to switch into and very threatening if you let it set-up), Landorus (Hard to switch into), and Gengar (Very annoying to switch into, but easily checked. Immune to Extremespeed). Below is my peak on the ladder which probably would've been higher if I hadn't started on a hax streak. So not much else to say here but thanks for reading!

ScreenShot2014-01-30at43152PM_zpsb966f86b.png
ScreenShot2014-01-30at43146PM_zps52c574da.png
ScreenShot2014-01-30at43138PM_zps0f2f0367.png

Last edited:

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Sparkbeat said:
Overall the team's a great team for the ladder, and a solid one to use elsewhere, but with the Genesect ban it doesn't function anymore, so here it is.

This is an RMT made more for showcase than actual advice, and the only helpful advice would be to help against certain threats while still keeping the basics of the team together, as they work well. This team was built for the Mega Luc and Genesect era, not the current era.