• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Destiny 2 - Do it for the Grand Canyon (and the puppies)

Djura

99% chance to hit
Destiny 2 is out now in New Zealand! Other regions will follow at midnight in those areas (US release is 12 AM EST).

So the last Destiny thread has been inactive for almost a year and I might as well start a new one.

Good hunting, Guardians!

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
What interested me about the title of this thread was the word puppies.

I am not going to deney that was why I clicked this thread :p Cuz I have no idea what that game is or what its about or anything.

I just.

I just like puppies. ...Is that such a crime? :p

EDIT: So this post doesn't get considered as 'SPAM', I would like an explanation on what this game is about, please :)

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I just bought it last night. I'm enjoying it a lot. I thought about making an in-game clan for Serebii players. It would allow fellow Guardians from here to play with each other. If anyone thinks that's a good idea please let me know. I bought the game on PS4, so if anyone has a PS4 we can be on a Fireteam. My Playstation Network username is in my signature if anyone wants to play sometime.

So what class did everyone go with? Since I went with a Hunter in the first Destiny, I created a Titan in Destiny 2.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I went Titan, but I had my same characters I made from the first one transferred. I don't regret making them.

Beat the campaign and already grinding to a high light level. I have no plans to do the raid anytime soon.

If anyone wants to add me on PSN, message me.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I reached level 7 today. I've mostly been doing side missions and events. I've played some multiplayer matches as well.

I made a clan today named Midnight Legends. Anyone is welcome to join. It's a PS4 clan, so just a heads up.

Djura

99% chance to hit
Started with my old Titan, but then switched to Warlock. Warlocks are super strong in PvE right now.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I just beat the main story with my Titan. I've been doing so much exploring and farming for engrams. I've been doing strikes with my clan as well. We have 24 members and we're still growing. There's so many of us, so when we need help with stuff everyone gets a helping hand. I have to say. I really enjoyed the storyline in Destiny 2. I liked it more than the stroryline in Destiny 1. The main villain in this game is really cool.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Yeah this game's story has drastically changed from the first one. Makes Destiny 1's story looking like bare bones.

Anyone seen videos of the Raid? Good grief it looks hard to beat.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
The story did change drastically from the first game. Vanilla Destiny's story was a bust and was super hard to follow, The Dark Below was small and short with little explanation, House of Wolves was an improvement but still very little backstory. The Taken King improved greatly, but it was still missing some really important things, mostly characterization. Up until Rise of Iron we'd only seen Cayde-6 and Eris play a key and important role in the story. Rise of Iron did well, but failed on one important part. It explained a part of the lore very well through cutscenes, but I feel the story missions(apart from the last one) were done supremely poorly.

Destiny 2's story was very, very well done. From losing the Last City to getting your light back to gathering the Vanguard to take the fight to the Red Legion and Ghaul-- it was excellent.

Other than that, I have a real issue with some things that changed from the first game.

1) Shaders: The new shader system sucks. It was really nice being able to swap between shaders freely in D1 with no drawbacks, but the new system seems money grabby to me, and I don't like it.
2) Infusion: The new Infusion system is bad. It would be nice to infuse a power weapon with a power weapon or a helmet with a helmet but now you have to infuse it with the specific type. No more putting a 290 hand cannon into a 260 auto rifle, or no more infusing a duplicate Warlock helmet into a Hunter helmet you like.
3) Exotics: Don't get me wrong there are exotics that definitely feel exotic and look exotic, but most just feel like a slightly better legendary or look like a legendary. There's so few good exotics in D2.
4) Subclass Paths: I hate the restricted choices with subclasses now. 'Paths' are a great idea don't get me wrong, but changing from the freedom we had in D1 to a more restricted set of perks feels a lot worse.(The Nightstalker's paths are just awfully balanced)
5) Crucible: Crucible sucks still, and worse part is you can't pick the activity you want to play anymore. You're just randomly thrown into Supremacy, Control, and Clash. For me, I hate Supremacy, and I really only like Clash since I'm used to standard PvP gamemodes like that, so getting tossed into a Supremacy match when I want to play Clash is really annoying.

Other than that I really love the game. The Raid was done excellently and feels refreshing, the story was wonderful, Public Events are actually worth your time now, Worldly vendors was an outstanding idea, set perks for gear and perks no longer needing unlocked are amazing, characters getting the characterization they deserve, and more. I can't wait to see what the first DLC is packing!

Djura

99% chance to hit
Faction Rally is next week! Who are you all representing?

Personally going with Future War Cult or Dead Orbit. New Monarchy got shafted as usual.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Faction Rally is next week! Who are you all representing?

Personally going with Future War Cult or Dead Orbit. New Monarchy got shafted as usual.

The new faction thing is interesting. Rumors of it being a single faction per account or the same as D1 where each character could pick a faction.

Depending on what we get I'll go Dead Orbit if we get the single choice and if not then:

Hunter: Dead Orbit
Warlock: Future War Cult
Titan: New Monarchy

I'm actually really excited because Factions made me really enjoy House of Wolves in D1, grinding for those Shaders was super fun, and I remember getting Bittersteel as my first one. I was really excited.

Djura

99% chance to hit
Welp, from what I've seen, Future War Cult is winning in terms of popularity, mostly because their weapons are amazing. Pleiades Corrector and True Prophecy are really good in PvP and PvE, respectively. Special mention goes to The Number for being in the Uriel's Gift archetype.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Looks like Dead Orbit won because of popularity. Even if the weapon it was offering is crap.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So Curse of Osiris has been officially revealed with two trailers! Here's a list of confirmations:

-The Vex have created a time gate on Mercury during the Red War and brought legions of Vex from the past and future to shape the Universe by their design.
-Osiris makes his first appearance.
-The Lighthouse returns as a new social space.
-Mercury is now a new patrol area with new missions and adventures.
-New area called the 'Infinite Forest'.
-Confirmed new Raid content.(Unsure if this means new Raid or more content added to The Leviathan at this point in time.)
-Graviton Forfeit, Telesto, and Jade Rabbit are returning.
-There are new cosmetics and gear, including new exotics.
-There's at least 1 new PvP map.
-New strikes.

Unconfirmed:
-Thorn and Touch of Malice return.(Guardians in the trailer appear to be using both weapons)
-New raid.(Unique set of Vex-like weapons and armor were shown off, may be Raid gear?)
-Trials of Osiris returns.(Many are suspecting this to happen, however no details have been mentioned nor does it seem very likely.)