• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Destiny.Bond~ or Five Black Tears {One-Shot Poem}{PG-13}

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
Y HELO THAR. I'm in ur Fan Fic Section givin' u one-shot/poems.

I wrote this in 2 hours. Call it rushed, but I don't. I call it sudden bursts of random insperation. I think its ok.

Some background. Tonight, I felt like writing something really dramatic. I went from story, to poem, to story, to story-poem. And I like Marshtomp. I've wanted to write about one for the longest time. So, here you have it, a dark, dramatic story-poem about a vengful Marshtomp. Enjoy!~

Warning: Violence and Blood. Read at your own risk.

~Destiny.Bond~

Or Five Black Tears

Five Black Tears
Seven Dark Cries
Echo Through The Light
Life. Death. It is all so irrelevant.

Kaito didn’t care anymore. He had lost everything. His family. His home. Himself. The rain pounded against his slick, blue skin, washing away the tear stains on his beaten and suffering face. The Marshtomp felt black. Cold. Unworthy of anything. Why? Why? He asked himself over and over.

Six Drops Shed
Six For Vengeance
Six For Anger
Seven For Pain

He looked at his reflection in the glistening, rippling pond. His once cheery face was scarred, both physically and emotionally. Where has my shattered soul gone? He asks. Why does the bell toll for those I love? Tears rolled down his face, fusing with the torrents falling from the ‘bove. The pain was unbearable. He couldn’t stand it. No. Not anymore.

Eight Lives Were Lived
Seven Were Taken
The Singular One
Left Cold And Alone

Deep within Kaito’s fragments of a soul sat one final burning thing. And Kaito couldn’t suppress it any longer. Vengence burned through his body. Stronger than that of 1000 suns. His sadness was replaced by intense rage. He would kill the one who took everything away from him, even if he died doing it.

The Reaper Rides The Night
Claiming All That He Passes
Even Those He Does Not Touch
The Scars Are Left On Their Very Being

Kaito slowly trudged up the muddy road. Thunder and lightning battled in the clouds, fiercely exchanging blows, the lightning swift and skillful, and the lightning bulky and powerful. His mind was set on one thing, and could not be turned from that. He will avenge those who died. He will kill those tore his life to tiny shreds. Nothing mattered. Just this. Only this.

Five Dark Tears
Seven Dark Cries
Sweep Through All Of Existence
Destroying Lives
Where is it? Where? This question pulsed in Kaito’s head over and over. He had no clue, but his body was leading him somewhere. He knew wherever he’d end up, he’d find the one who killed his family. And deal with them once and for all. Cold winds battered his face, and the rain started to turn to sleet. Like a drone, Kaito marched through the forest and the fields, not knowing his final destination.

Six Ruthless Swipes
Six Horrid Pains
Six Deadly Blows
One Broken Being

It was cold and dark. Kaito had left the rain behind long before. He felt tired, no, exhausted, but his body wouldn’t let him rest. Sand crunched beneath his feet, sticking to his smooth, slimy skin. He was running out of energy. No. Stop. He beckoned to his body weakly. But it would not comply. Full of pain, he fell to the gritty sand covering the earth. Taking a moment to catch his breath while in control, he looked up. Cacti stood like spires before him, creating a castle like structure before him. Cactus. His body forced him forward again, into the cacti palace.

Out Of The Ice
And Into The Fire
Death Waits For All
And Strikes When It Pleases

“You!” Kaito’s voice erupted through the desert.

“So, you found me finally? Took you long enough.” The sly, cold voice spoke. Out of the shadows came a tall, green figure, which resembled a scarecrow crossed with a cactus. “Would you like to die fast and painlessly like the rest of your kin? Or will I have to suck the life out of you?” Cacturne spoke.

“If I die, you’re going down with me.” Kaito’s voice was filled with pure anger.

“Bring it.” The cactus challenged with a grimace.

The Battle Of Light And Dark
Both Sides Fueled By Anger And Malice
Rages, Rages
Endlessly.

Marshtomp shot a fast blast of water at Cacturne, who sidestepped it with ease. He countered with a flurry of glowing spikes. Kaito rolled under them, and they buried themselves in the sand. He gave a quick swipe at Cacturne’s legs with a glowing foot, nearly knocking him over. The sturdy dark plant kept his ground, however, and gave a quick punch with his left arm. Kaito rolled out of the way a little late, and was pierced on the shoulder. He stood, gripping his injury, which was seeping red blood, and fired off a quick beam of icy energy, which hit the scarecrow in the foot.

Cacturne looked down at his foot in disgust, and glared at the Marshtomp. He shot a flurry of seeds from his mouth, which Kaito easily avoided. Immediately, a smirk crossed Cacturne’s face. Knowing he did something wrong by dodging that attack, Kaito tried to change direction, but it was too late. A single root gripped his foot, holding on with the grip of an Octillery. Struggling against it, he tried to break free. He wasn’t going to be outsmarted that easily. Quickly, he fired off another chilling beam, this time, at the root. It froze up, and Kaito quickly pulled his foot away before the spinning orbs of Hidden Power hit.

Thinking fast, Kaito fired off another Ice Beam, this one being dodged, as it was meant to. Without a second thought, Kaito slammed the ground hard, shaking the earth. Cacturne fell off balance, and Kaito quickly inhaled. When he breathed out, a flurry of ice, snow, and chilling wind as cold as Kaito’s broken heart whipped at Cacturne. The attack was filled with all the coldness of his heart, and all the rage and hate directed his foe.

The plant gasped for breath, and started to spit up blood. The attack was filled with such malice; it literally tore his insides up. “If I’m going down, you’re coming with me.” Cacturne smirked. Both of them started to glow with an eerie purple aura. “DESTINY BOND!” the plant shouted its last words, before dying.

Kaito stood before the dead plant, warn. He knew he’d die. There’s no way around it. But he was, for the first time in what seemed an eternity, happy. Joyful. Filled with glee. A large smile crossed his face, from orange prong to orange prong. Before falling over dead, he uttered two final words.

“I’m coming.”

The Bell Tolls For Those We Love
But The Bell Will Toll For Those We Hate
In The End, All Will Fall Into Place
As We Are All In One Big

Destiny Bond.

John's Knight

I hate you atm. Cacturne should have won, since it's much more awesome than Marshtomp. =P

Anyway, great story. How did you have the idea of choosing Cacturne? Did you see a list of pokemon with Destiny Bond?

Awesome one-shot. I wanna see more!

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
:p Actually, I just picked a Pokemon that could kill a family of Marshtomp and Swampert easily. The Destiny Bond thing was just a little thought. I was going to have them end up tying one way or another, so I thought, "Why not use Destiny Bond and make it cool?" I didn't title it unill I finished.

CHeSHiRe-CaT

A Curious Breed
Yesh, the Destiny Bond bit was unexpected (um, let's just say I didn't actually read the title and just sort of picked it at random from the Fan Fiction forum XD). The poem parts were all right, but I was a bit confused about what each number represented (at least, the fives, sixes, and sevens). Is that supposed to represent the family members? Either way, they weren't consistent and I'm not sure I got a good idea of where that was coming from.

The story was a little short, but heh, that's a one-shot for ya. It was good, nonetheless, and I didn't have any trouble reading it. The battling tactics were fairly original, especially with the Destiny Bond at the end. I think you could have expanded it further by having flashbacks of the family members, scenes of the Cacturne's violence, or something a bit more riveting to capture our emotions and attention. Then again, that probably would have made it too long. XD

I liked it, and I'd encourage others to read it. @-@ HAPPY HOLIDAYZ!

~Chesh

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
Again, I wrote this on a whim, so its not gonna be a masterpiece, but I'm glad you liked it.

But, yes. The numbers basically repersented the family which was killed. That first line was the basis of the whole story, actually. The Destiny Bond thing didn't till the end, and I thought it was fitting as a title.

And, yeah. I wanted to keep it sort of short, or I would have lost my own intrest, and maybe some more sleep. I have a tendency to do that with writing.

A little shameless plug to end this. Look around the forum this Christmas Day for another Jerichi-orignal one-shot. This one's a little bit of a lighter read than this story, and a tad short, but should be good none the less.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas.
~Jeri