1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny bond wouldnt work

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Krecher, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krecher

Krecher Member

Ok basically i was doing the battle factory today and i had the mismagius with destiny bond. thing is everytime i used destiny bond and the mismagius was knocked out by the opponent, nothing happened. the other guys never fainted. anyone else ever get this problem? im just p***ed it happened cause i was battling thorten and used it on him but nothing happened

2. freddo from sinnoh

freddo from sinnoh Smexy....

We need detail about what actually happened.

3. ivanreal

ivanreal Hysteria Clan Leader

desti y bond k my works in the turn used and If a physical attack hit it, I hit someone who used destiny bond with a special attack and I didn't die, so it has to be used on the same turn and has to be killed with a physical attack

4. Krecher

Krecher Member

ok. the first time i tried using destiny bond, i was battlng a kingdra with the mismagius. i knew she would die because of her low def. so i used destiny bond and got hit by waterfall. i was still alive. so i used energy ball next round, got hit by waterfall again, and feinted. nothing happened, sent out the next pokemon (flygon) and the kingdra was still there. used draco meteor and then the kingdra feinted, and i won after i killed the guys torterra with flamethrower. no fielding effecting moves (mist, sunny day, etc) were used before or after the kingdra came out

5. zlxq3000

zlxq3000 Master Collector

You just answered my question. Again, you have to use it ON THE TURN THE POKEMON IS ABOUT TO FAINT.

Correct usage:

Mismagius used Destiny Bond!
    Kingdra used Waterfall!
    Mismagius fainted!
    Kingdra fainted!

Incorrect:

Mismagius used Destiny Bond!
    Kingdra used Waterfall!
    Mismagius used Energy Ball!
    Kingdra used Waterfall!
    Mismagius fainted!

6. Nightlingbolt

Nightlingbolt AKA Nightlingbolt

What if you're slower?

7. Luminous

Luminous Truly Altruistic

Then too bad.

8. Staryu

Staryu I know, I know..

That's what Salac Berries are for =3

9. Chimecho3000

Chimecho3000 Well-Known Member

If you're slower, then Destiny Bond will kick in on your opponent's next turn.

10. megaman12

megaman12 Not Happy

I think the battle factory has some glitches since once I choose a staraptar and electric attacks were regular effective instead of super effective so your problem could also be a glitch.

11. Chimecho3000

Chimecho3000 Well-Known Member

Did your Staraptor use Roost?

12. megaman12

megaman12 Not Happy

Why?I dont think so,it could withstand thunderbolt and other electric attacks and I never used roost.And the opposite happend like I used thunder on an opponentes staraptar and it wasnt super effective.Also,once I used ice punch on a glicscor,and it only took damage as a ground type and it didnt have the yanche berry.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  13. Luminous

Luminous Truly Altruistic

This Destiny Bond 'problem' is not a glitch. The effects of Destiny Bond are canceled once the user makes another move like zlxq3000 kindly pointed out.

14. Tiomasta

Tiomasta Not amused

Just to make sure it is clear, Destiny Bond only takes effect if you got KO'd after using Destiny Bond, but before doing anything else.

You know, if someone uses Roost, it loses its Flying-type for the rest of that turn. So if my Staraptor goes first and uses Roost, any Electric or Ice attack it takes in that turn won't be super effective, and Fighting moves will be super effective, because he's just Normal-type for the rest of that turn.

You know, it doesn't matter if one type or both types are weak to your attack, it says "It's super effective!" in either case.
    Low damage could also be explained with Gliscor's good defenses, and maybe your poke had a bad Atk stat too?
    BTW, not to be picky, but it's Yache.

15. SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.