• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Destiny bond wouldnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krecher

Ok basically i was doing the battle factory today and i had the mismagius with destiny bond. thing is everytime i used destiny bond and the mismagius was knocked out by the opponent, nothing happened. the other guys never fainted. anyone else ever get this problem? im just p***ed it happened cause i was battling thorten and used it on him but nothing happened

Ok basically i was doing the battle factory today and i had the mismagius with destiny bond. thing is everytime i used destiny bond and the mismagius was knocked out by the opponent, nothing happened. the other guys never fainted. anyone else ever get this problem? im just p***ed it happened cause i was battling thorten and used it on him but nothing happened

We need detail about what actually happened.

ivanreal

Hysteria Clan Leader
desti y bond k my works in the turn used and If a physical attack hit it, I hit someone who used destiny bond with a special attack and I didn't die, so it has to be used on the same turn and has to be killed with a physical attack

Krecher

We need detail about what actually happened.

ok. the first time i tried using destiny bond, i was battlng a kingdra with the mismagius. i knew she would die because of her low def. so i used destiny bond and got hit by waterfall. i was still alive. so i used energy ball next round, got hit by waterfall again, and feinted. nothing happened, sent out the next pokemon (flygon) and the kingdra was still there. used draco meteor and then the kingdra feinted, and i won after i killed the guys torterra with flamethrower. no fielding effecting moves (mist, sunny day, etc) were used before or after the kingdra came out

zlxq3000

Master Collector
ok. the first time i tried using destiny bond, i was battlng a kingdra with the mismagius. i knew she would die because of her low def. so i used destiny bond and got hit by waterfall. i was still alive. so i used energy ball next round, got hit by waterfall again, and feinted. nothing happened, sent out the next pokemon (flygon) and the kingdra was still there. used draco meteor and then the kingdra feinted, and i won after i killed the guys torterra with flamethrower. no fielding effecting moves (mist, sunny day, etc) were used before or after the kingdra came out

You just answered my question. Again, you have to use it ON THE TURN THE POKEMON IS ABOUT TO FAINT.

Correct usage:

Mismagius used Destiny Bond!
Kingdra used Waterfall!
Mismagius fainted!
Kingdra fainted!

Incorrect:

Mismagius used Destiny Bond!
Kingdra used Waterfall!
Mismagius used Energy Ball!
Kingdra used Waterfall!
Mismagius fainted!

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
What if you're slower?

Chimecho3000

megaman12

Not Happy
I think the battle factory has some glitches since once I choose a staraptar and electric attacks were regular effective instead of super effective so your problem could also be a glitch.

Chimecho3000

Did your Staraptor use Roost?

megaman12

Not Happy
Why?I dont think so,it could withstand thunderbolt and other electric attacks and I never used roost.And the opposite happend like I used thunder on an opponentes staraptar and it wasnt super effective.Also,once I used ice punch on a glicscor,and it only took damage as a ground type and it didnt have the yanche berry.

Last edited:

Luminous

Truly Altruistic
I think the battle factory has some glitches since once I choose a staraptar and electric attacks were regular effective instead of super effective so your problem could also be a glitch.

This Destiny Bond 'problem' is not a glitch. The effects of Destiny Bond are canceled once the user makes another move like zlxq3000 kindly pointed out.

Tiomasta

Not amused
Just to make sure it is clear, Destiny Bond only takes effect if you got KO'd after using Destiny Bond, but before doing anything else.

And the opposite happend like I used thunder on an opponentes staraptar and it wasnt super effective.

You know, if someone uses Roost, it loses its Flying-type for the rest of that turn. So if my Staraptor goes first and uses Roost, any Electric or Ice attack it takes in that turn won't be super effective, and Fighting moves will be super effective, because he's just Normal-type for the rest of that turn.

Also,once I used ice punch on a glicscor,and it only took damage as a ground type and it didnt have the yanche berry.

You know, it doesn't matter if one type or both types are weak to your attack, it says "It's super effective!" in either case.
Low damage could also be explained with Gliscor's good defenses, and maybe your poke had a bad Atk stat too?
BTW, not to be picky, but it's Yache.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Status
Not open for further replies.