• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Destiny Deoxys (M07)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, Tooi's fear of Pokemon due to his misadventure with that Todoseruga stampede as a child made little sense given that he didn't fear the light form of the lost Deoxys, which was a Pokemon.

Daizy

I call you honey
Not one of the best movies, but I still loved it.
The debut of the 4th gen Munchlax was a nice surprise.

I still remember getting shocked when Munchlax showed up because I didn't even know what it was until I saw him evolve into Snorlax.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
I still remember getting shocked when Munchlax showed up because I didn't even know what it was until I saw him evolve into Snorlax.

Even now I wonder if Gonbe's evolution sequence in this movie was simply a blunt way of showing the audience that Gonbe was Kabigon's pre-evolved form.

Applecorp

Regardless, it's worth watching again for the action. At least the legendaries in this movie don't start speaking suddenly!

What action? Those robot block thingies piling up wasn't even intense it was more stupid than anything else. I wish Rayquaza had spoken human language so that we would know why it hated Deoxys instead of having the human characters tells us its reasons for fighting Deoxys.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
I wish Rayquaza had spoken human language so that we would know why it hated Deoxys instead of having the human characters tells us its reasons for fighting Deoxys.

I thought that the movie writer dealt with explaining Rayquaza's vendetta against Deoxys reasonably well. We didn't really need to know more of the story from Deoxys itself anyway, because we had seen exactly how Deoxys unintentionally ended up making Rayquaza its enemy at the start of the movie.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Looking back, Tooi's fear of Pokemon due to his misadventure with that Todoseruga stampede as a child made little sense given that he didn't fear the light form of the lost Deoxys, which was a Pokemon.
Perhaps he didn't realize it was a Pokémon. It was just a cool thing he made friends with.

Leonhart

Imagineer
pacman000 said:
Perhaps he didn't realize it was a Pokémon. It was just a cool thing he made friends with.

I suppose, but given that practically every creature that we've seen on-screen in the anime is either a human or a Pokemon, you'd think that he would've at least suspected that the light was somehow related to a Pokemon.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'd love a live-action remake of this, directed by Joss Whedon. Unlike the animated version, the live-action version could be made with a PG-13 rating in mind, which would allow for the use of some profanity, including some utterances of the "s-word".

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think this is a great example of a movie where the antagonist is actually a villain and that there is no real villain in the movie. Deoxys was attacking the city but it was only to find its lost friend and it only teleported the people in its way to a safe location and never directly attacked anyone. Rayquaza attacked because it misjudged Deoxys as a threat and started an unnecessary fight but it wasn’t malicious as Rayquaza only wanted to protect its territory of the ozone layer. The robots only attacked because Pikachu’s Thunderbolt accidentally fried the main motherboard of the main robot and caused it to malfunction. You definitely don’t see this too often in any type of media and the only other well known example I can think of are the Wonderland novels by Lewis Carrol where the Queen of Hearts was an antagonist but not really a villain as nothing is ever as it seems in Wonderland and the “off with their heads” was actually confirmed in the book to be nothing but an empty threat and lack of logic and reasoning is technically the villain. In Through the Looking Glass the Red Queen wasn’t a villain or antagonist but rather a figure that took chaos a bit too fat to the point she was acting ridiculous and illogically.

Meh movie because I’m not a fan of how they handled the Deoxys vs Rayquaza plot, but I love the side characters, especially Tory and Rafe. Tory reminds me of Lillie because how both can’t touch Pokémon because of a traumatic event, I just wish Tory’s character was expanded on more. The star of the movie however, was Munchlax, who was just so hilarious and then it evolved into Snorlax. I also love how Brock references “Gotta catch ‘em all!” The ending song is great.

4/10

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
The movie started well and it could’ve work well without Ash and Co. if they had decided to take another direction. I also didn’t expected to learn any mythology or lore regarding Deoxys origins and I was right, which is a shame because the set up at the start could’ve lead to a good sci-fi fantasy movie. Imagine if they told us where Deoxys comes from, another planet, galaxy or even society? So much potential. Maybe one day pokemon will expand on their outer space lore. Many pokemon come from outer space, but we never get any sort of story for them. Regardless, it was an entertaining movie to watch and the side characters were enjoyable. I also missed Drew, since he is from that city he could’ve been included in the movie or at least a cameo. It also gave me some creepy vibes watching the city evacuated and being overrun by creepy Deoxys clones.

Applecorp

The movie started well and it could’ve work well without Ash and Co. if they had decided to take another direction.
Talking strictly about plot yeah it probably could've worked fine even without Ash and the others. But without them ticket sales would've been lower because fans would rather see Ash and Pikachu in a movie than just some new character.