• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[DESTINY] Guardians of Serebii.net Forums

Which foundry from TTK are you the most excited about?

• Suros

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Omolon

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Häkke

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Genos

The Indigo Disk
You're excited about the battle axe

I'm excited about the fr*cking wolves
Those lobos

I'm guessing they'll show this at Sony's E3 conference. Just like TTK previously last year.

Rowdy

Earlier today, an idea about Rise of Iron popped into my head. What if Rise of Iron isn't the fall expansion like we all believe but rather the first in a series of Destiny Lore movies (and books and such) coming from Bungie and Activision.

Halo has done this with Fall of Reach and Nightfall (just to name a few) so I'm surprised there hasn't been anything like that done with Destiny as the series is rich in lore and fans would buy movies and books to expand the experience. While RoI will likely be the fall expansion, what do you all think of this alternative idea?

Djura

99% chance to hit
THE WILL OF CROTA IS NIGHTFALL

also I got these two god rolls yesterday

Red dot-ORES / Ranged lens RLR5 / Quickdraw IS
Counterbalance
Perfect Balance / Skip Rounds / Demotion
Third Eye

Red dot-ORS / Focus lens FLA5 / Quickdraw IS
Counterbalance
Fitted Stock / Braced frame / Sword of Aegeus
Spray and play

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So we're finally getting new Trials gear, Iron Banner gear, and exotics.

Hoping this finally means we'll be seeing Astrocyte Verse, Thagomizers, Ophidian Aspect, Shinobu's Vow, Transversive Steps, Dunemarchers, and Fr0st-EE5.

Also, Iron Gjallarhorn looks awesome. Hoping the return of Gjallarhorn means we'll see Ice Breaker, Pocket Infinity, Necrochasm, Vex Mythoclast, and Thorn make a return.

Also, looks like there's an Auto Rifle in the pictures shown that closely resembles the Khvostov. Maybe we'll see it receive an Exotic counterpart like the Stranger's Rifle did with No Time To Explain.

fhqwhgads

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
I fell out of this hard, but Rise of Iron is starting to dig hooks into me. Raised a wee babby Warlock for the occasion. Rise of Iron looks real good.

Silly warlock, everyone knows hunters and titans are the best.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Rise of Iron looks sweet alright. And it cost less than the Taken King.

So glad the Gjally is back too.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Been a month of this thread's activity. The wait for RoI is killing me lol

Anybody has done the Y2 Moments of Triumph? I've done 6 so far, with the Mountaintop being my most frustrated thing to do. Because I had to do some many crucible quests to get the Mountaintop quest. And I'm not a PvP player.

All is left is to beat KF's hard mode and 50 fragments. Which makes me doubt cause I don't know how long will take to beat it. The last 3 fragments are from the challenges in the raid.

Besides I don't really care for the 4th reward. I like shaders more than emblems.

The Iron Gjallarwing Sparrow is part of the pre-order bonus

Djura

99% chance to hit
So Rise of Iron's first story mission got unveiled by Famitsu first then Bungie started inviting the press and YouTubers.

But my favorite part about the reveal would have to be the next part, the gameplay of the Sepiks Perfected strike. There's a mechanic to it now.

And if anyone remembers this metal cover of Sepiks Prime's theme, Bungie put it in Rise of Iron.

On another note, all three challenges are active for King's Fall this week! In addition, the Tier 3 Court of Oryx bosses are rotating! Get your fragments if you haven't gotten them!

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Well I've been enjoying RoI so far. However, I'm very disappointed in a lot of things.

1) Introduced those Taken King exotic armor pieces as the only new exotic armor pieces.

2) Only like 5 new exotic weapons(Nemesis Star, Trespasser, Outbreak Prime, Khvostov 7G-0X, and The Young Wolf's Howl)

3) Brought back Thorn and Gjallarhorn, left behind Icebreaker, Pocket Infinity, Necrochasm, and Vex Mythoclast yet again for no reason.

4) Only 1 Radiant Treasure per week unless you throw money at them for more.

5) Exotic Ornaments and Days of Iron Ornaments only found in the above.

6) Unlike what they said, the raid's final boss has a TON of mechanics similar to Oryx. If you mess up just slightly it'll likely result in a wipe or a death.

7) Only one new strike, two remade ones.

8) Archon's Forge was a major letdown. It's almost like they don't want us to play it because you can only carry one offering at a time.

9) Crucible is at it's worst right now. Only a few things are viable, the rest gets out shot.

10) A lot of things they delivered were delivered poorly.

They better deliver on the content drops throughout the year.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
The story was okay. The boss was something I never expected. :O

Can't do the raid cause I'm underleveled. Can't do Nightfall either.

I got bored using the Khvostov, Trespasser is beast, The Young Wolf's Howl is no match for Raze Lighter and the Mighty Gjallarhorn (Iron skin looks sick). I have yet to obtain Outbreak Prime, Thorn and Nemesis Star (please Xur?).

Yeah Archon's Forge sucks. Stacking would've done this event a lot better.

Supremacy is okay. Basically it plays like Kill Confirmed from the CoD series.

Ornaments are alright. Got 2 from HS that I was satisfied with.

I hate the new strike due to that immune Ogre chasing you.

So far I got the Dunemarchers. And wow this exotic is BEAST. Having Memory of Jolder and MIDA's lightweight perk makes you fast! like sanic

I'm annoyed with a few bugs like getting a ton of green engrams and the damn quest icon appearing above the Last City icon.

RoI has been good to me. Like Erron's last sentence, they need to make better updates for Y3.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
The story was okay. The boss was something I never expected. :O

Can't do the raid cause I'm underleveled. Can't do Nightfall either.

I got bored using the Khvostov, Trespasser is beast, The Young Wolf's Howl is no match for Raze Lighter and the Mighty Gjallarhorn (Iron skin looks sick). I have yet to obtain Outbreak Prime, Thorn and Nemesis Star (please Xur?).

Yeah Archon's Forge sucks. Stacking would've done this event a lot better.

Supremacy is okay. Basically it plays like Kill Confirmed from the CoD series.

Ornaments are alright. Got 2 from HS that I was satisfied with.

I hate the new strike due to that immune Ogre chasing you.

So far I got the Dunemarchers. And wow this exotic is BEAST. Having Memory of Jolder and MIDA's lightweight perk makes you fast! like sanic

I'm annoyed with a few bugs like getting a ton of green engrams and the damn quest icon appearing above the Last City icon.

RoI has been good to me. Like Erron's last sentence, they need to make better updates for Y3.

The story was the best part, which is sad considering Destiny's track record, it's usually one of the less cared about aspects of the game.

The Raid is way easy up until Aksis phase 2. The entrance to the raid is similar to that of TTK, Vosik is a joke, Siege Engine can be difficult if you're disorganized, Aksis phase 1 is simple, but then all of that easiness bites you in the butt when you hit phase 2. The main issue is the sheer amount of communication needed, it's hard to hear when everyone is shouting all at once because of everything going on, and the light of enemies jumps from 370 up to 380.

Khvostov is very, very flexible, the issue is: when using the pulse or scout rifle firing nodes, nothing changes stat wise and you're much better off on full auto. Trespasser is really good, especially compared to Dreg's Promise. The only promise that nobody wants. Young Wolf's Howl is simply... mediocre. Raze-Lighter is wayyyyy more superior. Gjallarhorn has it's uses, but honestly, falls short to Sleeper Simulant when it comes to boss damage. The Precision hits matter soooo much. Still haven't got Thorn or Outbreak Prime, but Nemesis Star melts in Crucible, which is only available once a match sure, but in PvE it could be a lot better, Super Good Advice is much better.

I'm glad they updated the Forge with increased drop rates for offerings, but that's not what the community suggested. They listen to the community, but instead of taking ideas from the community or meeting halfway, they come up with something new that only helps a little bit.

Supremacy is unbalanced big time. It basically forces players to use close quarters weapons, which now increases the amount a certain annoying special weapon is being used... It'd be much more balanced if they buffed Fusions and Sidearms into viability.

The Ornaments are great, don't get me wrong, but it's either 52 a year or you pay for more, and let's face it: there's going to be something new later on that'll push Radiant Treasures into Eververse only. One a week simply is not enough. I have no reason why they lowered it from 3 to 1 other than greed. 1 from weekly crucible, 1 from heroics, and 1 from postmaster would've been plenty. Or even allow us to get 1 on each character.

The new strike is awful. There's nowhere to hide, repeater shanks fall from the ceiling after a while, and the ogre literally sprints after you while Kovik literally fires a laser beam at you continuously.

I've only gotten Transversive Steps and Shinobu's Vow. Seems like they dialed down on the 'you're more likely to get an exotic you don't already have'. Either that or my luck is terrible. I've decoded 5 helmet engrams on my Warlock in the hopes of getting Astrocyte Verse and I got 4 of The Stag and 1 Obsidian Mind. Transversive Steps seem alright from what I've seen, and Shinobu's Vow is god tier.

The uncommon engrams not appearing in year 2 was actually a bug, but is intentional in year 3, I won't complain though. I need the Armor and Weapon mats.

Trials is yet again frustrating. Year 1 was great but Year 2 trials became more of easy to beat or around your skill level teams up until your eighth win then you get teams who are way too good. Happened to me twice this trials already and it is irritating. Haven't been flawless since Year 1.

Iron Banner will more than likely be frustrating with it being Supremacy... Ughh...

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Alrighty after Trials and Iron Banner here's what I have to say:

They should never do Iron Banner Supremacy ever again. It's just as bad as Iron Banner Rift. I had the worst time playing crucible that week and now that it it's over crucible is overrun with shotguns... again. They should stick to Clash. 100% skill based, no advantages based on weapon loadouts and armor/subclass setups. I can't tell you how broken a Striker Titan with max agility, MIDA, high range shotguns, Juggernaut, and Dunemarchers is.

The trials maps so far have been god awful! I swear if they do the new Mars map next I'll be so mad. It's nice that they're focusing on new things, but there's lines that don't need to be crossed like the new Venus map being in Trials and Iron Banner Supremacy.

Also I've gotten my hands on all the exotics except Thorn, Fr0st-EE5, and Ophidian Aspect so... Review time!

Nemesis Star: First exotic I got. It's super cool, and it's exotic perk and passive perk work together wonderfully in PvE and PvP. Super fast fire rate at first is amazing in crucible. You barely need to tap the trigger and your opponent will more than likely be dead. It's also very nice for boss encounters in PvE for the quick damage dealing, or if you want to stay at a range and gain almost scout rifle like accuracy.

Gjallarhorn: Just as I remembered it except with Wolfpack rounds as a passive perk and a badass quest to accompany it! Too bad it still falls short in DPS in the new raid compared to the Sleeper Simulant. Still, I'd take this over Sleeper in a Solar Nightfall.

Khvostov 7G-0X: Glad they gave our first weapon the Stranger's Rifle treatment. By far the most versatile weapon in the game, but it's only good using the normal auto rifle set-up. No damage gain/RoF loss when the scout rifle option is selected, and no RoF gain and impact loss with the pulse option. I'd love to see them rework it so that each node plays differently and isn't outclassed by one or the other.

Trespasser: This is what Dreg's Promise should've been. A very good exotic sidearm, and I'm disappointed that with all the reworking Dreg's Promise has received it's still garbage. Trespasser has a three burst shot similar to Dreg's, but is wayyyy more effective, and it doesn't even have tracking rounds! It's exotic perk grants it a super burst after reloading after getting a kill. This super burst fires 6 rounds!! That's enough to two shot an enemy in crucible and overkill many adds in PvE. Love this thing.

Outbreak Prime: By far the BEST exotic quest in Destiny! It took the community nearly a week after the raid dropped to figure out how to unlock this quest, and the fact Bungie had an ARG to tie in with it makes it so much better. I'm hoping Vex Mythoclast, Pocket Infinity, Icebreaker, and Necrochasm receive a combination of this and the Gjallarhorn/Khvostov quest when/if they are dropped as Year 3 weapons. I love this weapon's design, perk tree, effectiveness, and literally everything about it. It's exotic and passive perks are super effective in PvE. I mean you basically get Wolfpack rounds/Firefly for the exotic perk! As Pulse Rifles are dominant in PvP, this thing packs a massive punch, especially when you're taking on two people. If one is at low health, kill the one with full health and watch the Nanomites tear the other guardian to shreds.

Astrocyte Verse: I have waited so long for this helmet, when I saw it reduced the cooldown of blink I was so excited. Then they ruined it and gave you increased recovery after blinking. The recovery boost is barely noticeable too. Very disappointed in this exotic, but I still love how it looks.

Transversive Steps: These boots are beasts in PvE boss fights. Stack up on ammo, and just fire away without needing to reload, as long as you keep picking up ammo. PvP on the other hand, their use is minimal, only useful when grabbing special or using a slow reload speed primary.

Thagomizers: These gauntlets are AMAZING!!! In PvE they make a striker very, very useful. Use Overload and Transfusion and you'll be unloading storm fists on enemies left and right while charging your super significantly faster than normal. One kill grants you about 1/6(?) of your super meter. The double melee charge is even better. In PvP, I'd honestly rather use Helm of Inmost Light or the Armamentarium, but on the off chance you get a storm fist kill, your super will be that much closer to being unleashed.

Dunemarchers: Are you a CQC fighter? Do you like shotguns? Do you use MIDA? Do you like Juggernaut? If yes on all of these, then Dunemarchers is the exotic for you. Increased sprint speed, tighter turn radius, and increased movement speed while ADS makes these boots a shotgunner's wet dream. I have tested these out with MIDA, Shotgun, Shoulder Charge, and max agility, and boy oh boy, do you go flying across the map! I can only imagine how fast you'd be with battle runner active with MIDA while using these boots.

Shinobu's Vow: Outclasses any other Bladedancer exotic by far. Two Skip grenades that are dramatically improved? These are a corner camper's nightmare and can ruin someone's day that is trying to hide to regen health. Not only that but these will make your enemies run giving you an easy kill if they're in your sights. They won't care about fighting back because of how deadly the skip grenades are.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
A huge Destiny update is coming is next Tuesday at 10 am PST.

MAX LIGHT: 400

NEW 400 MAX:
Archon's Forge Class items, Ghosts, & Artifacts
Strike Hoards aka Skeleton Key Chests
Nightfall
Exotic Engrams
Trials of Osiris
Crucible
Iron Banner

NEW 385 MAX
Archon's Forge Armour and Weapons
Heroic SIVA Strike Playlist
Legendary Engrams

NEW 365 MAX
Rare Engrams
SIVA Strike Playlist

NOTE: NIGHTFALL RECOMMENDED LIGHT CHANGED TO 380

This should help me reach the proper light level for the normal raid.

Pigeon Mitch

Eraser Rain
I'm surprised people are still here! Great to be back, finally. Life got to me.

I've gotten my Warlock to 386, so I'm HM ready. Outbreak Prime is a lifesaver. Finally a raid exotic that feels almost as exotic as Mythoclast.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
After weeks of turning in bounties, the Thorn quest finally pops up.

Almost done with it. Just need to get void kills in Crucible and a Skeleton key (if it drops).