• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Destiny's Tricks [Preview of a Parody]

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
(Let’s hope the lag isn’t bad o_O)

Hello, this is Bay and here is a preview of a possible upcoming fic that’ll come something in summer of this year or earlier.

Yes, if you must know this will be a parody fic that will poke fun of some of the elements of not only Pokemon fanfiction but a bit of the overall Pokemon fandom itself. To be more specific, this will be more of poking fun of the “Chosen One” epic journey fics, the ones with the trainers destined for greatness and having to collect eight badges at the same time.

Don’t get me wrong, I love journey fics, but there seems to be an influx of them now these days and also of the arguments of how “Oh this fic is great because the writer has them become destined for more!” Pretty much this parody will dealt with many things based around some things going on in these “Chosen One” fics and arguments of what makes a journey fic cliché, good, bad, horrible, etc. Well, I hope this parody will make us think a thing or not of not how to make good journey fics but also how to dealt better with the many arguments of fanfiction being serious business, as the saying goes.

I want to say this also: Just because I write this parody that doesn’t mean I know everything about Pokemon fanfiction and thus using this parody to prove of my knowledge of how to make the greatest fanfction ever and whatever. Heck, some of the things that I parodied I made mistakes too, even with my still on-going fic, “Nothing, Everything”.

Another thing: “Nothing, Everything” is still going to be my propriety, but I hope this will be first parody fic to be finished at least here (besides “Lucki”, as far as I know).

Last two things. Sorry in advance for any grammar mistakes. At the moment I want to see if anyone would think it was at least half funny. Will edit the mistakes to the best of my ability before I post this. Also, sorry if the first part is confusing. There’s a prologue but decided to post that when I debut this fanfiction.

Well, I hope you guys enjoy this fic and I love it’s at least half funny. For now here’s a short excerpt from the first chapter.

+++
CHAPTER ONE:
GREAT LEGACIES! OF STARTERS, STUDIES AND RIVALS!​
///Five hundred years later…///

After the huge war between the four regions was over, everything seemed peaceful. There was still the occasional spam and bringing up of old arguments long dead, but overall everything was in order. However, everything was soon going to change.

In the huge Ilex Forest in Johto, Lugia and the three legendary dogs (or cats as many of the other legendaries mused whenever joking about their appearance) were discussing something very dire and urgent, and it had to deal with what was predicted five hundred years ago.

“Okay guys, you all know what today is, right?” asked Lugia.

“Is it Appreciate Legendaries Day?” asked Raikou while scratching his yellow fur covered with black stripes.

“No, you idiot!” corrected the blue colored dog Suicune. While shaking her head, her purple mane swished and caused a few leaves to blow on Raikou’s face, which he then got them off. “Lugia, today is the day of Dialga’s warning, huh?”

The Johto legendary shuddered at the thought. For five hundred years that warning kept coming in his dreams and he was not looking forward to it one bit.

“Yes, Suicune. I’m bringing this up today because I want to say that we should embrace ourselves for the worse.”

“Seriously, I don’t know why the so called ‘Chosen Ones’ are almost always teenagers,” the huge furry dog legendary Entei complained with a snort.

“Well, I chose teenagers because they seemed to be more mature for the job,” Raikou said. “I think ten years are too young to travel and very immature for the job. Adults I think they’ll be too busy with something else to go for a journey.”

“In some cases, yes. However, not all teenagers are more mature than teen year olds,” Suicune argued. “Celebi told me one time how when he chose one ten year old and one fifteen year old, he believed the ten year old was more mature than the other one.”

“And here’s another problem! Why the only two things we do is choose kids or being saved by them from some evil organization?” Entei asked.

That question soon got all three of them rambling about that. Lugia sighed and shook his head. He too wondered that, but at the same time he knew the meeting would have to end soon. Before he stopped them from talking any further, he roared so loud that some houses a few miles away had their glass windows shattered. That got the three’s attention in mere seconds.

“All right. Now, as I was saying, we need to prepare ourselves for the worse. This teenager who has Dialga’s spirit will be a tough cookie to handle.”

“How about the one who posses Palkia’s sprit?” asked Raikou.

“We’ll worry about that teenager too, but I’m really more concern of the one that has Dialga’s powers. Who knows what kind of mischief that teenager will do?”

All three nodded, agreeing the same thing.

“Now, I must go. Remember, prepare yourselves.”

Entei, Suicune, and Raikou nodded again and then Lugia began flapping his wings. After a few beats, the psychic-flying type flew up in the sky and headed east.

“Buy, Lugia! Be safe!” all three dogs chorused.

As soon as Lugia left, Suicune sighed.

“What’s wrong?” asked Raikou when he craned his head.

“Just hope he’ll be fine and not be splattered by spam again like five hundred years ago,” Suicune answered.

+++
The sun rose up to light up Twinleaf Town. There was nothing much but a few houses and one small pond everyone went to check their reflections to pity themselves or to hide some secrets down there. Everything was quiet and peaceful, saved for one house.

‘DAMN IT! I’M LATE! ALSO, STUPID LAB AT ANOTHER TOWN A COUPLE OF MILES AWAY!”

Inside the home, a young blacked haired girl ran down the stairs while her pink skirt was moving up and down. The girl was so focused straightening her black and white blouse that she lost footing and fell down. After the last bump, the girl moaned and slowly got up.

“At least I didn’t die,” the young lady muttered to herself.

Remembering why she was running in the first place, she rushed towards the kitchen. When the girl was inside, her mother was drinking coffee, a plate of eggs and bacon already ready. Her blue hair was moving gently thanks to the opened window.

“Hello, Destiny,” her mother, Dawn, chirped while her blue eyes were looking at her daughter’s brown ones. Many people would compliment how the two actually look the same except for their eyes and hair color.

The girl, Destiny, quickly ate her breakfast and said while munching, “Why you didn’t wake me up?”

“I thought you woke up already. Besides, I also have to drop your sister to Pokémon School. She’s waiting until she’s fifteen like you to start her journey.”

And why? Dawn added to herself. I started my journey when I was ten and I was more experienced that way.

“But the eggs and bacon weren’t eaten yet!”

“I thought you were too excited to eat,” the mother admitted with a shrug.

After she finished eating her breakfast, Destiny gulped on her drink and then said, “Whatever. I’m late so it doesn’t change anything. Dad still busy being a Pokémon Master?”

Her mother just nodded and drank her coffee.

“Well, I got to go now! I’ll let you know from time to time how everything went!”

After a wave goodbye, the girl sprinted out of the kitchen and then charged towards her destination, Sandgem City.

+++

Well, I hope you guys like this preview. Again, want to make clear that this is not intend to insult anyone or to say you can’t do this in your fic. In fact, the things parodied in this fic is possible to do it right, but it seems that many people seem to make a few mistakes (including myself) and it’s to poke some good nature fun. Like I said, now it seems fanfiction is becoming serious business. o_O
Again, hope you guys got a couple of chuckles and lets hope this will be finished!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Not bad! There certainly were a few chuckles there. Looks promising, and always liked parodies.Go ahead with it, I say.

A few mistakes:
“And here’s another problem! Why the only two things we do is choose kids or being saved by them from some evil organization?” Entei asked.
Somewhat of a run-on sentence. Good point however.

Buy, Lugia! Be safe!”
Probably a mistakes... but imaging Lugia going to the shops to buy something is also funny... :)

NB: Not that nesserary, but maybe 'prepare for the worst', not 'worse'? Just a suggestion.

Good work on it though - hurrah for the main character being called 'Destiny' and the line
'Dad still busy being a Pokémon Master?'. :)

I shall look forward to reading this when it comes out. :)
Oh, one mroe thing:
but I hope this will be first parody fic to be finished at least here (besides “Lucki”, as far as I know).
... well, I hope my fic will also reach that status... (well, it's a kind of parody, for sure) ;)

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
First off Bay, i lol'd when i read about the girl named Destiny. I too, once used a character named Destiny XD

Y'know, I too am planning to write a parody fic....

Anyway;

After the huge war between the four regions was over, everything seemed peaceful. There was still the occasional spam
lol x3

In the huge Ilex Forest in Johto, Lugia and the three legendary dogs (or cats as many of the other legendaries mused whenever joking about their appearance)
So much debate about whether these guys are cats or dogs...

“Yes, Suicune. I’m bringing this up today because I want to say that we should embrace ourselves for the worse.”
x3 I think you mean brace. Unless I've lost it and you are right o_O I've been wrong about a lot of things lately...

“Seriously, I don’t know why the so called ‘Chosen Ones’ are almost always teenagers,” the huge furry dog legendary Entei complained with a snort.
D= I think you just made a bunch of your readers guilty, including me XD

“In some cases, yes. However, not all teenagers are more mature than teen year olds,” Suicune argued.
ten ;)

“Just hope he’ll be fine and not be splattered by spam again like five hundred years ago,” Suicune answered.
lol SPAM

Everything was quiet and peaceful, saved for one house.
save

‘DAMN IT! I’M LATE! ALSO, STUPID LAB AT ANOTHER TOWN A COUPLE OF MILES AWAY!”
OMG LAB IN ANOTHER TOWN OMG OMG OMG WHAT AM I TO DO? Perhaps use your super hax to fly there? :D

Inside the home, a young blacked haired girl

“Whatever. I’m late so it doesn’t change anything. Dad still busy being a Pokémon Master?”
lol, no way...if Dawn's married to Ash Ketchum...I'll get them Advanceshippers on your fic.

Like I said, now it seems fanfiction is becoming serious business. o_O
Serious business, it shall stay...Nah, business is serious in the shipping fics section ;)

Again, hope you guys got a couple of chuckles and lets hope this will be finished!
Yeah, it was pretty funny, although, it wouldn't hurt to add an overbearingly, loud, smart aleck legendary dog...it'd add some nice comic relief.

When I first saw your title, I thought it was about Fate being twisted and stuff, but as I read on, I realized that it was about the Dialga's chosen one (aka Destiny) pwning all of dem Johto legendaries due to:

“We’ll worry about that teenager too, but I’m really more concern of the one that has Dialga’s powers. Who knows what kind of mischief that teenager will do?”

Anyway, yeah, looks pretty promising! Add more jokes! Parodies + Jokes = Hilarity ;D

Divinity_123 ;196;

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Sorry for the late replies. Was busy taking care of a couple of stuff.

Hehe, thanks you two for commenting and also pointing out a few mistakes! Will edit before I post the story. ;D

bobandbill:
Somewhat of a run-on sentence. Good point however.
Haha, could be. And yeah, most of the time I don't see legendaries doing anything else besides that from a few fics I read. However, I also read some stories of legendaries as main characters and many are good, espically the ones entered in that Myths and Legends Contest. ;)

Probably a mistakes... but imaging Lugia going to the shops to buy something is also funny...

Yeah, it's a mistake...although now I might keep it and put Lugia buying something somewhere. XD

Good work on it though - hurrah for the main character being called 'Destiny' and the line
'Dad still busy being a Pokémon Master?'.

Yeah, love that too. XD

Divinity_123
First off Bay, i lol'd when i read about the girl named Destiny. I too, once used a character named Destiny XD

Haha, I actually had a friend named Destiny back when I was in high school. Beat that! XD

lol, no way...if Dawn's married to Ash Ketchum...I'll get them Advanceshippers on your fic.

You wouldn't dare! =O

When I first saw your title, I thought it was about Fate being twisted and stuff, but as I read on, I realized that it was about the Dialga's chosen one (aka Destiny) pwning all of dem Johto legendaries due to:

Well, not necessarily, but that isn't a bad idea. ;)

Again, thanks you two for the comments!

Announcement:
I'll say that I've planned out the whole story and I'll only say that it'll be quite shorter than "Nothing, Everything". XD Also, I'm halfway done. ;) Might be able to finish the story in the weekend since it seems the first week of uni won't be much. :D

Also, expect this story to come out most likely when I post the eight chapter of "Nothing, Everything", as soon as my beta finishes looking over it, which will probably come on the fifteenth of this month. ^^

EDIT: Announcement 2

Does anyone read the edits? o_O

Well, the whole fic is done. :) No, don't ask how I managed to finish 50 chapters in two weeks. Actually, there's less chapters than "Nothing, Everything", tweleve to be exact. XD Expect the story to be posted though either tomorrow or Wendesday (Tuesday I'm going to be busy with work and I'm going out for lunch out of town ^^;).

Until then, keep an eye out for this story either on Monday or Wendesday! ^^

Last edited: