• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DESTRUCTIVE LOVE // Comashipping General Discussion Kai

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
What is this collab, exactly? I'm damn good at writing romance, so I might be able to help you ^_^

Thanks, man ^_^ I'm an expert on pokemon battles and action, but not romance. Okay so here is the basic info:
When Paul heard Ash was in Unova and had a few badges, he cut his Battle Frontier challenge short (he has a few symbols) in order to go to Unova and catch up with Ash! He has these weird feelings for Ash that he doesn't understand, and denies them. Reggie seems to notice, though...
Paul is only bringing Torterra and Electivire with him to Unova, the rest he left with Reggie. He has the 3 symbols (one of which is the Lucky symbol, but I frgot the names of the others)
Ash's side:
Ash is in Castelia (derp, somewhere between the japanese and english episodes. He already beat Burgh and Lenora) with Iris and Cilan. He's missing someone lately, but doesn't know why. So then he hears that a ship, the Royal Unova, is bringing in trainers from other regions, so he sticks around to find out who these trainers are to meet them and possibly fight them. And then he spots Paul on the ship...!
Ash and Paul alrady like each other, they're just confused. Ash is dense, as always, and Paul is in denial. Seme: Ash, Uke: Paul. That was how I planned it.
I have Paul's future party pokemon figured out but if you work with me, we can make changes. I REALLY want to give a Deino! My former partner suggested a female Oshawott, which falls madly in love with Ash's Oshawott. But Paul's Oshawott will evolve into Samurott soon, too add some humor. Samurott harassing Oshawott FTW xD
Ash: Paul...your Samurott is molesting my Oshawott.
Paul: SAMUROTT! Stop it this instant! We need to go train!
Samurott: *licking Oshawott*
Oshawott: *trembling in fear*
Paul: *facepalm*

So, yeah. I have the prologe done so if you want to look at it, just say so! We should exchange e-mails. Mine is queenzoroark@yahoo.com :D

I hope you like the idea, Simon!

As for the rest of you: WHAT SHOULD WE DO FOR THE SUMMER CONTEST?

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
Time for a new topic, so this thread won't die! (or an old topic, dunno if somebody's already asked this, but anygays):

What's your favorite type of AU -scene for Ash and Paul (like Paul being a police and Ash being a robber or something like that)

Man, nobody ever told thinking of a topic would be that hard! + How about some fanart! We're allowed to post them, right? O__o

[IMG300]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/Zinoman/jee.jpg[/IMG300]
Source

As for the rest of you: WHAT SHOULD WE DO FOR THE SUMMER CONTEST?
Like a fanfic contest, or fanart, or caption maybe, so any ideas?? :D

Simon Alexander

basalit-an
Nice fanart XP But day-um, Ash. I guess it's the way he's bent forward, but all I can think of is DAT BUTT. So voluptuous XD

What's your favorite type of AU -scene for Ash and Paul (like Paul being a police and Ash being a robber or something like that)

Wow, that's a good question! I've never really thought of them in an alternate universe, mainly because there are so many questions surrounding that sort of thing. How would they be in another universe? After all, pokemon make up a huge part of their world and, therefore, their focus. (Though I guess AU could still be in the Pokemon world and they're just different BUT). Would Paul still be the huge jerk that he is? Would he still have such an obsession with Ash? And how would Ash be?

So many questions to ponder. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it, I dunno. >>

As for the contest: maybe we should have some kind of summer-themed prompt for fan material? Preferably broad enough to cover all sorts of material mediums - art, fanfiction, AMVs, etc.

Some ideas (though these would have to be expanded upon, maybe):
-Summer Festival, maybe with a tournament or contest (Ash kinda double dips, after all XP)
-Day at the beach (Cliched, but maybe give it an original twist or something)
-Ice cream party? (Who can say no to ice cream?)

XD Okay maybe not the best ideas, but I did just wake up. I'll edit an add to my post later when I have some better ideas

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
Time for a new topic, so this thread won't die! (or an old topic, dunno if somebody's already asked this, but anygays):

Man, nobody ever told thinking of a topic would be that hard! + How about some fanart! We're allowed to post them, right? O__o

Source

Oh, oh my.... Never seen fannart that good in a while :D.
Well, I thought that the Comashipping thread was never going to come back until after I posted something on the "What is your favorite battle?" thread. I keyworded Ash and Paul in that one and saw THIS thread come up. I couldn't believe this thread came to life without me knowing and I'm happy that it's active :). Yay, now I have to chance to spread the word of the upcoming mvoie-fiction for this shipping :D. Well, the hard-to-write parts are out of the way, and the more open-minded chapters are ready to be written. It might be released either this summer or fall depending on the free time.
Well, I'll keep updating with this thread, so you got yourselves a recruiting member :).

catzeye

Writer's Block
Source

That fan art is nothing short of amazing. Wow, just wow.

I think we should do a caption contest. Back in the old thread someone would find a comashippy caption from the anime and everyone tries to make a witty caption out of that.

I'm going to dig up the old comashipping thread and find a couple of my drabbles I posted there. I'll repost them here as well make some new ones.

We should have something to do in this thread right?

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
Wow! This thread got updated in the blink of an eye! And here I was thinking it had died.

Welcome Foxkrystal and catzeye! *hands out coma t-shirts and cookies*

Okay, okay, I've thought that for the contest, I might do a oneshot involving all of Simon's ideas!
Some ideas (though these would have to be expanded upon, maybe):
-Summer Festival, maybe with a tournament or contest (Ash kinda double dips, after all XP)
-Day at the beach (Cliched, but maybe give it an original twist or something)
-Ice cream party? (Who can say no to ice cream?)

How about all three! A summer festival about ice cream at the beach! Featured pokemon: VANILLUXE! I'm inspired now. I might do this next week.

What's your favorite type of AU -scene for Ash and Paul (like Paul being a police and Ash being a robber or something like that)?

I'm not a big fan of AU, but I would like to see Paul as some kind of actor and Ash a director or something (a dicrector of comedy or parody movies lol). I can just imagine Paul getting frustrated at Ash, saying "YOU'RE A HORRIBLE DIRECTOR!" or something like that. Oh, but there would be pokemon o3o

Listen? Is that a plee for fanart I hear? It speaks to me loud and clear!
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=comashipping#/d34cah1
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=comashipping&order=9&offset=48#/d1qcepd
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=comashipping&order=9&offset=48#/d1lvx2t

I'm lurking around sites looking for these. I have a bunch of pics saved, but I don't have the urls o.o'

Simon Alexander

basalit-an
Wow! This thread got updated in the blink of an eye! And here I was thinking it had died.

Welcome Foxkrystal and catzeye! *hands out coma t-shirts and cookies*

Okay, okay, I've thought that for the contest, I might do a oneshot involving all of Simon's ideas!

How about all three! A summer festival about ice cream at the beach! Featured pokemon: VANILLUXE! I'm inspired now. I might do this next week.

:D I'm glad I inspired you! XD

Listen? Is that a plee for fanart I hear? It speaks to me loud and clear!
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=comashipping#/d34cah1
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=comashipping&order=9&offset=48#/d1qcepd
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=comashipping&order=9&offset=48#/d1lvx2t

I'm lurking around sites looking for these. I have a bunch of pics saved, but I don't have the urls o.o'

You can upload them to photobucket or something. That'll give you a URL.

Ah! This thread's resuscitating! Let's have a party! XD

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
^I'll do just that. Thanks. My next post will contain as much fanart as possible.

Party, you say? I'll invite the guests! *looks at friend list* Okay...this list is too short :eek: Let's invite Ash and Paul. Oh duh, they're the stars.

Anyway Simon, l;et me know when we can start our collab. Thge prologue thingy will have to wait because I just noticed it has SO much typos!

MayandDrew46

*pokes thread* Hello? Anyway, may I join? I'm a huge ComaShipper, though I didn't get into it until after DP ended.

Introduce your shippy self and explain why you're interested in Comashipping!

Well, I first got into shipping with ContestShipping, April of 2009. A lot of Contest fics had Ikari in it so naturally, I became a IkariShipper. My love for Ikari stayed until I started getting into HeiseiShipping(Dawn/Reggie). And then Trip came into the anime and I hated him because I love Paul. I found myself looking at Coma stuff the weekend BW010 aired in America. I didn't want to admit it at first but I became a ComaShipper. And now I can't even deny that Coma is right up there with ContestShipping as my favorite shippings. I find those two ships alike in a lot way actually. And yeah. ComaShipping is awesome.

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
Welcome, welcome, MayandDrew46! You will fit in here nice and cozy. *hands out coma cookies and t-shirt*
I know how you feel. I was once an IkariShipper. I mean, big time. But my hatred for Dawn started to grow, and my love for Paul also grew, and I ended up trying a ComaShipping fic. Took me some time to get into it, since I'd never read yaoi before, and BAM! Here I am. I actually became a ComaShipper during June, 2009, after growing tired of Ikari. Now I frown down upon that pairing. I can't seem to pair anyone with Dawn now...maybe with Conway...but I still don't like her. AND I also hate Trip, he's a Paul rip-off! I mean, if Paul came to Unova, he'd own Trip and shove that camara up his behind! I sure would.

Beep! I'm having trouble with my one-shot. I always seem to replace romance with action. Instead of a kiss, I ended up writing a battle scene! What is WRONG with me?! I'll still post it when I'm finished, though.

MayandDrew46

I still am a IkariShipper but there's just something about ComaShipping that I can't help but love. It's sort of confusing. I used to love Ikari and frown at Coma stuff but now I'm just not that into Ikari. Maybe because of the whole opposites attract thing and they have so many cute fanfics that I can re-read over and over again. But I agree, if Paul met Trip, he'd win in a battle hands down. I REALLY want Paul to return. I'm going to answer another topic.

I'm working on an AU DP right now and the Ash we all know isn't in it at all. But there's a girl, Ashley with raven hair and a Pikachu. Yes, a girl version of Ash. I don't know why I chose that to write of all my Coma fanfic ideas but I was really excited about it. I know it's crazy but I am crazy. I'll be the first one to admit it. I'm planning to put it on fanfiction.net once I get an account on Thursday(my thirteenth birthday). So yeah, I find Ashley/Paul fics interesting.

Simon Alexander

basalit-an
Beep! I'm having trouble with my one-shot. I always seem to replace romance with action. Instead of a kiss, I ended up writing a battle scene! What is WRONG with me?! I'll still post it when I'm finished, though.

XD I know the feeling of trying to write a scene one way and it just comes out completely different. Keep at it, though! (and email me if you ever get the chance~)

I'm working on an AU DP right now and the Ash we all know isn't in it at all. But there's a girl, Ashley with raven hair and a Pikachu. Yes, a girl version of Ash. I don't know why I chose that to write of all my Coma fanfic ideas but I was really excited about it. I know it's crazy but I am crazy. I'll be the first one to admit it. I'm planning to put it on fanfiction.net once I get an account on Thursday(my thirteenth birthday). So yeah, I find Ashley/Paul fics interesting.

Huh, that sounds interesting XP I'll be glad to read it!

Man, it seems a lot of Comashippers came from Ikarishipping, huh? XD Maybe we should have a poll about it or something. I'm still into Ikarishipping, too, because I love the clash of Paul and Dawn's personalities (but then again, Dawn's a bit like a female Ash in a lot of ways, so....). But tbh, I think Ash is a better fit for Paul, so Comashipping is my OTP for those two.

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
Dundundun, it's Monday and it's fanart -time!

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/22tnA.png[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://haruka.saiin.net/~surrender/image/pm001.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://haruka.saiin.net/~surrender/image/pm023.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://haruka.saiin.net/~surrender/image/pm042.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://haruka.saiin.net/~surrender/image/pm045.jpg[/IMG300]
That last one, is one of my very favorite Comapictures. I also have the cutest Comashipping comic (Ash and Paul going underground) about them, but I have lost the source site for, but I'll try to look for it again, so I can share the comic with proper source then!
Source
Source

Btw, can someone tell me, why the IMG -tags wont work? D: I have to use IMG300 to get to picture shown (and not just the link like I get with IMG only) and that means small pictures...
So yeah, I find Ashley/Paul fics interesting.
Oh god, so I'm not the only one who likes Ashley/Paul -fics? :D I'm so gonna write a fanfic with genderbender!Ash/Paul too in the future, it gives so many great chances and situations. ^^ And whenever you get around of posting your fic, please link it here, I wanna read it badly! <3

Introduce your shippy self and explain why you're interested in Comashipping!
I haven't even answered this yet! D: It was probably back in august 2006 when I accidentally found last episode of Master Quest on YT and watched it. Then I was crying the rest of the day because it was so sad and the possibility of Ash and Misty liking each other crossed my mind... Got back into Pokémon fandom and found out about all the shippings. xD But I can't remember what got me into Comashipping, sadly. Maybe it was... well I just started to love Paul like crazy and until then Ash had always been my favorite boy, it was like put 1 + 1 together and the new OTP was born.

Man, it seems a lot of Comashippers came from Ikarishipping, huh? XD
Noo.. D: Paul is way too cool for a likes like Dawn. And I totally didn't like Ikari at the beginning of DP. Gash, I just wish there would more everything about Coma, I don't want this ship to die yet! (Luckily I found those new fanart sites last weekend, they made me so happy and luckily this group is here too!).

AND I also hate Trip, he's a Paul rip-off! I mean, if Paul came to Unova, he'd own Trip and shove that camara up his behind! I sure would.
Trip ain't so bad! xD Okay, those were my thoughts exactly just a few weeks ago, but then came the newest battling Trip episode.<3 And just how hot would TripAshPaul threesome be?

I always seem to replace romance with action. Instead of a kiss, I ended up writing a battle scene! What is WRONG with me?!
At least you can write action! xD I couldn't write a fic without romance and I most definitely can't write Pokémon battle -scenes. :'D

Okay, I'll stop now, this post is long enough already...

Last edited:

Simon Alexander

basalit-an
Trip ain't so bad! xD Okay, those were my thoughts exactly just a few weeks ago, but then came the newest battling Trip episode.<3 And just how hot would TripAshPaul threesome be?

Heheh, now that would be glorious, wouldn't it be? XD Though I can see Paul getting territorial over Ash even then. He just seems like the type to, doesn't he? XD

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
I'm working on an AU DP right now and the Ash we all know isn't in it at all. But there's a girl, Ashley with raven hair and a Pikachu. Yes, a girl version of Ash. I don't know why I chose that to write of all my Coma fanfic ideas but I was really excited about it. I know it's crazy but I am crazy. I'll be the first one to admit it. So yeah, I find Ashley/Paul fics interesting.

Call me crazy guys, but hasn't anyone ever thought of genderbending Paul? I mean, Paula/Pauline sounds good to me! Or just crossdressing (which I wrote). Am I the only one who seems to like this? o.o A female Paul would be very attractive, but every time a pervert would make a move on her, oh they'd get their butts kicked, big time. She'd be the badass kind, don't you think?

Fanart Monday, oh my Arceus! I must memorize the names of the days in ENglish...I only know them in Spanish...so I often forgot what today was, jaja. SO ANYWAY:
http://vulpixi-misa.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Brotherly-Love-123081302
http://zinoman.deviantart.com/art/Endless-linearts-COLO-88647079
http://endless-summer181.deviantart.com/art/Comashipping-hug-68173246
http://vulpixi-misa.deviantart.com/art/Arttrade-Comashipping-121889111 (PONYTAIL FTW!)
http://endless-summer181.deviantart.com/art/Coma-Just-being-there-67176575

Sorry I have to post the links and not the images directly...I just don't know how to do it...

Trip's team also ticks me off. He's got a TRANQUILL and a LAMPENT. You've seen my sig; he's trying to RIP OFF MY TEAM. That jerk didn't even show a Litwick :(
Oh, a threesome *facepalm* Anyone but Trip, please.

Zino: Omg, I'm so sorry for not having edited the first chapter of your fic yet! I can't access my email right now...I promise I'll get to it tomorrow!

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
Woah, woah, woah! We die too quickly! Did my last comment kill you all?

I AM ALMOST DONE WITH MY ONESHOT. My other problem is that I have never written a one-shot, because I just keep writing and writing until I eventually seperate it into chapters! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Simon Alexander

basalit-an
>> <<;;; I hate how quickly this thread drops off..

Can't wait to read your one-shot, QZ ^_^

Heyheyhey, I have this great idea for an AMV but...I can't make an AMV. I don't have the software or resources to do it, and I can't get these things. Anyone wanna collab with me to make an epic AMV? :D?

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
We won't let this die<3

I AM ALMOST DONE WITH MY ONESHOT. My other problem is that I have never written a one-shot, because I just keep writing and writing until I eventually seperate it into chapters! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
Then linkety link it, pretty please! I mean, I swear I have read all the Comashipping fanfics out there and I'm super desperate for more! (Of course I could write them by myself, but it's not as fun as reading them! D: )

Heyheyhey, I have this great idea for an AMV but...I can't make an AMV. I don't have the software or resources to do it, and I can't get these things. Anyone wanna collab with me to make an epic AMV?
Ooh, what song/idea are you using? :D I just wondered yesterday should I make a Coma amv too, since there aren't too many of them. I just don't want to upload it on YT anymore, since the site already deleted my account and all the shipping videos once. xD

Okay, somebody think about a new topic! My head is just too empty! But I can post pretty fanarts instead and this thread won't ever die! : D

[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/PbcYC.jpg[/IMG139]
Source
[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/8kolR.jpg[/IMG139]
Source

MayandDrew46

I hate how easily this thread dies.

I would make AMVs but I don't have any clips it'd be more like slideshows with a story. I-personally- think I'm kind of good at it.

By the way, I FINALLY posted my Ashley/Paul fanfic. Here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7078507/1/What_Couldve_Happened. I hope people like it. *crosses fingers*

New topic. Um... When you all read the title/summary for BW041, did anyone hope Paul would be returning? I know I did. I was like 'This would be an awesome time for Paul to return!' But then I saw the character list so I lost hope.

Pikapi72

Pokemon Getto Daze!
I hate how easily this thread dies.

By the way, I FINALLY posted my Ashley/Paul fanfic. Here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7078507/1/What_Couldve_Happened. I hope people like it. *crosses fingers*

I hate how the thread dies easily to! Sorry i haven't been on in like a month! A lot has happened in this thread to!

I read your story and I like it so far so keep writing! It gave me memories of Pokemon again!

The summary? I haven't read it but I couldn't find it eiether but I'll keep looking. I hope Paul will somehow come up in the series later on or soon! I mean he was one of the best rivals so he should come back in a way!

QueenZoroark said:

Try to write a really short story about them and then add to it till you like it! I bet you'll write a one-shot!! Just keep trying!

All of the fanart was cute!! I like them all!

I also think that Trip is a rip off Paul! He's a little different but he has things like Paul! I guess the writers didn't wanna let go of Paul all that much.

Do you think that if Paul and Ash were to meet up sometime again, Do you think Paul would be mean like he was before? Or lighten up to Ash?

Status
Not open for further replies.