• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DESTRUCTIVE LOVE // Comashipping General Discussion Kai

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
[IMG139]
[/IMG139]
Did the image show? I'm not sure if it worked; it won't show on the preview. Curse you, little 'x' box!

Ash: What's with that look on your face?!
Paul: ...
Ash: Are you checkin' me out?
Paul: ...No...
Ash: Aha! You ARE checking me out, you hesitated!
Paul: ...Then why are you so angry about that?
Ash: Because you won't turn around and let me see dat butt!
Paul: O.O'

Yeah, I've never done captions before! Was it good for my first time? xD

MayandDrew46

Glad to see more activity in here! I always sigh when I see how not active Coma-related things are. But with activness, I have things to catch up on:

Do you think that if Paul and Ash were to meet up sometime again, Do you think Paul would be mean like he was before? Or lighten up to Ash?
Well, in my fantasies he'd be nice but not as nice as Ash. Like more subtle hints of niceness and friendly. But, in the anime, I could see him being mean-ish if he heard Ash is loosing to a newbie. Who knows? I want to do a Unova fic for the two of them. I don't know if I'll write it because I'm really trying to finish a Contest/Heisei/Oldrival/Dance/Quest Sailor Moon/Pokemon crossover.

What do you guys think of this? It'll be called Streaming Saturday! -shot-
I'd love this! Back when the Born This Way episode for Glee aired in April, I watched it while chatting online with other Kurt/Dave fans. It was so much fun. And after the Prom episode, where we were all talking about everything that happened. I wouldn't be able to make this Saturday(the 2nd) since my Dad and I are going up north and before I leave, I want to watch the dub of BW022. But, I would love to re-watch the early stages of the rivalry again, I enjoyed watching the start of DP016 today for Ikari day. So yeah, streaming Saturdays has my vote.

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
Hey guys, we died again.

I just wanted to see when all of us will be on at the same time. We could chat together! There's this site called purplesurge, and I think it would be perfect. We can create our own section and start babbling about comashipping! And share fanfics and fanart.
Just wanted to know if you like the idea. By the way, if you are ever logged on to that chat, I might be on, and my name there is always either QueenPalkia or QueenZoroark. So yeah. I hope I can chat with you guys!

So here is a link to a one-shot I really like:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5456806/1/Ashs_ABCs
And guess what? That was the first coma fic I ever read. And I loved it. And here I am!

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
Fine fine, I give. I don't want to see it die again but I know it will eventually. But let's enjoy this while it lasts and make some good memories, 'kay?

If anyone remembers me, I'm Vulpixi-Misa. ...I haven't been here in a while, I think I should change my signature....

But anyway, since I'm here, I got two fics to share. People on Fanfiction.net probably already read them already, but here:
Shikashiteru yo Everyday
Scent of a new Wind

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
NO. I SHALL NOT ALLOW THIS THREAD TO DIE. SHALL NOT!

Vulpixi_Misa: Welcome! Glad to see you received my review in fanfiction. I've seen so many of your art and stuff...and I was like..."Okay she must join" Glad to see you're here.

EVERYONE ELSE: You guys insult me! How could you forget about this thread? COME DESERVES MORE LOVE.

HERE is some art:

http://*******.com/view.php?pic=mkknpe&s=7
http://*******.com/view.php?pic=29ve4k9&s=7
http://*******.com/view.php?pic=2u6p4pi&s=7

Enjoy! Now, I'm off.

MayandDrew46

Sorry, I had no internet where I was this weekend. Okay, I lie, my cell had very tricky reception so I didn't want to go here because it takes a long time to load. But! That doesn't mean I didn't do anything Coma related this weekend. I changed my cell phone screensaver to a picture I took of the screenshot where Paul smiles after Ash says they'll battle again. One of the best screensavers ever.

Welcome Vulpixi_Misa! I had already read both of your one-shots(Along with your Coma fanfic and LJ). They're awesome.

Speaking of fanfiction, have anyone else read Favor For a Friend? I swear, it's the best Coma fic ever(No offense to anyone). I love it for so many reasons. It's cute, amazing, a bit sad, and just... perfect! I re-read part of it on the way home. Here's the link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6028391/1/Favor_For_A_Friend

About the chat: I would like to suggest Chatzy for a chat. It's probably just because I'm used to it, but I really like it. That's just my opinion though.

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
Sorry, I had no internet where I was this weekend. Okay, I lie, my cell had very tricky reception so I didn't want to go here because it takes a long time to load. But! That doesn't mean I didn't do anything Coma related this weekend. I changed my cell phone screensaver to a picture I took of the screenshot where Paul smiles after Ash says they'll battle again. One of the best screensavers ever.

Welcome Vulpixi_Misa! I had already read both of your one-shots(Along with your Coma fanfic and LJ). They're awesome.

Speaking of fanfiction, have anyone else read Favor For a Friend? I swear, it's the best Coma fic ever(No offense to anyone). I love it for so many reasons. It's cute, amazing, a bit sad, and just... perfect! I re-read part of it on the way home. Here's the link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6028391/1/Favor_For_A_Friend

About the chat: I would like to suggest Chatzy for a chat. It's probably just because I'm used to it, but I really like it. That's just my opinion though.

Thanks. =) I usually don;t write that often but something about comashippih has been giving me instant plot bunnies. It's great. =w=

Favor for a Friend is probably my favorite Coma fic of all time. I feel like a derp for not reading it earlier because it is AMAZING.

I was hoping to catch Streaming Sat/Sun the last week but I guess it's still a work in progress huh? I'd love to relive some Coma moments with other fans. ^_^

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
Favor for a Friend is probably my favorite Coma fic of all time. I feel like a derp for not reading it earlier because it is AMAZING.

I started reading this one but I stopped because I didn't like it much. I don't like uke!Ash at all, except on rare ocassions when uke!Ash is manly enough to be tolerated.
I have an urge to do this:

I'm going to list my top 5 Coma stories that are FINISHED:
1. Ash's ABCs (The first COma fic I ever read. And also my first yaoi. It hold a special place in my heart)
2. SatanPaul What More Can Go Wrong? (This is in my favorites mostly because it is so HILARIOUS! You MUST read it! XD)
3. Full Moon (this has got to be one of the best au I've ever read. Too bad it's like 4 chapters long but it was still amazing)
4. Night of the Wolf -sequel to Full Moon- (This one was also very good)
5. Lesson for Paul (First 'M' fic I ever read...I was so confused when I was reading the lemon at the end...I didn't understand anything...I was like 11 years old, for Heaven's sake! I recently re-read it and was like "...omg, I was so innocent...")

My top 5 Coma fics that are UNFINISHED:

1. One Blossom After a Harsh Winter (This fic is great. I think it's the only Mpreg out there that's rated 'T'. I was very disappointed to find out the author gave up on the fic T.T I was practically begging for more, it was SO addictive!)
2. Unexpected (It's an AU without pokemon in it, but still good. Has a high-school setting. Too bad the authress only updates, like, once a year xD)
3. Capat de Drum (Another high-school AU that I adore even though it has uke!Ash)
4. Is it Love? (I have not been able to figure out who's uke and who's seme yet, which I like!)
5. I Might Break (This was a sequel to 'Night of the Wolf' but I think it got taken down, since I can't find it anymore :[)

SO yeah. How about you guys share YOUR lists? It sure would be nice. Oh, and all of the fanfics I mentioned are on fanfiction.net except for I Might Break, since, as I mentioned above, was deleted for unknown reasons.

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
I started reading this one but I stopped because I didn't like it much. I don't like uke!Ash at all, except on rare ocassions when uke!Ash is manly enough to be tolerated.
I don't know. I thought Ash was somewhat dominate in some of the scenarios. ...I mean, in my head it looked dominate to me, since Paul was the one needing help and support and stuff. You might have a different definition of that though. ^^; And the whole age thing, not that age really matters, but some people like to push that to another level. >x>

SO yeah. How about you guys share YOUR lists? It sure would be nice. Oh, and all of the fanfics I mentioned are on fanfiction.net except for I Might Break, since, as I mentioned above, was deleted for unknown reasons.

GRAND IDEA. I think I shall as well! X3

My Top Five Completed Comafics
1) Favor For a Friend
(For obvious reasons, the best relationship development and the lack of using Gary as a rival, along with in characterness and overall lots of fluff. X3)
2) Homefront
(Though Gary was used as a rival, and the prequel was not something I was in love with, the last chapter just melted my heart.)
3) Nothing to Worry About
(We get to see Coma through the eyes of someone important to Shinji, and even though I don't like Reggie, the brotherly love Taku protrayed left a tear in my eye and my heart aching. :'3)
4) Hate you
(The first fic to convert me to Comashipping. I don't really remember why but the first time I read it, it just left a really big impact on me.)
5) Liking and Loving
(I just like it when Shinij does something unexpectedly nice. =w=)

I had a hard time choosing since there are so many cute one-shots that my favorite authors wrote. However, the longer ones defintely get a place higher in the list since there's so much more fluff and developement. All of these have Satoshi-uke. ^^; I prefer it that way.

Top Five Incomplete Comafics
1) Our Nights
(Written by Krii, since I love how she writes the two and them freaking the heck out in the Old Chateu, genius.)
2) Violet
(;A; One of the first Coma fics out there and I just wish it would continue. I think the summary sounds alot like the one I'm working on, but that's probably because I was inspired by it. I don't know.)
3) Falling Slowly
(I'm not too big on school AUs or scenarios where Paul comes from an abused family but something about Paul in this fic...)
4) Falling For One, Loving Another
(Gary versus Shinji, with super uke Satoshi and odd characterizations of the minor charas, but there's something about it...)
5) Hate to Love You
(This. THIS. Something I need to see more of. I wish he updated. 8C)

And gosh darn it, there are so many other fics I want to recommened. ...I'll do it anyway. X9

-> Crossing to My Heart
(Apparently Shinji was uke here, but I couldn't really tell. It's an AU, and I like the feel of it. Read it.)
-> The Wrong Brother
(Reggie vs Shinji for Satoshi. Not something you see everyday. It was a bit eh... at some parts and the ending made me sad in a bad way but some parts were redeemable.)
-> C'est La Vie
(This one made my heart cry, and Taku wrote it, so it must be good.)

Annnd yeah. Thanks to anyone who actually read through the whole post. ^^;

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
I have read all of the ones you listed except for The Wrong Brother and Violet. I really liked C'est La Vie, too :eek: And The Cross to My Heart was very good; simple and sweet.

Guys, guys, guys! I want to start a new topic!

Let's say you're about to write a Coma fanfic. What would it be about?

As usual, I'll answer later. Toodles, for now!

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
Eek, I have to decide some top fics? O____O It's so hard... well, anyway, here are some I found from my ff favorites!

Completed

1. Nothing To Worry About - I've link this before, but this is my ultimate favorite Comafic. I read it everytime I've got nothing else to do. :'D

2.Be Mine Valentine's Day fics are usually too fluffy for me, but this is just perfect!

3.The Cross to My Heart This is a little different, but I still like it so much!

4.Bubble It seems that every fic in my list, is about something cute. :'D

5.I Dont Like You One-sided Ikari + Coma + funny, so yeah, it makes to the list!

Incompleted:

1.STILL untitled! D: Favorite multichapter!Coma, everything is just so IC that I could cry from happiness.

2.Photographs I love the idea of Paul going to Pallet Town and meeting Delia.

...And err, I have to edit this part more later, now I'm in such a hurry!

Hmm, if I ignore the school setting I'm currently writing (and the usual, how it would happen in the show) I'd want to write about... Romeo and Juliet styled Coma! Ash being the son of Giovanni and next successor of Team Rocket and Paul being the son of Cyrus and next successor of team Galactic. Yes, that's what I would want to write about! :'D

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
Besides the one I'm already writing on them being stuck in a forest together with just the shirts on their back? Uh... I still want to write something about how they got together and split up in the future, and how Shinji's despair lead to the creation of their genetic android daughter Mako. But the whole thing involves a lot of explaining that even I can't answer, so...

Another idea I had was having May break Ash's heart by leaving with Drew and then Ash being afraid to love. Then Paul comes in to pick up the pieces. Or something lame like that. I used May because I'm an ADvanceshipper, but really, it could be anyone. I just think Pallet and Poke are too generic in a Coma fic.

Romeo and Juliet styled Coma! Ash being the son of Giovanni and next successor of Team Rocket and Paul being the son of Cyrus and next successor of team Galactic.

GENIUS. I need to read this. X9

eryyy

Ace Trainer

Hehe, I'm already writing a Comashipping fanfic.
It's about Hikari, Pikachu, and Takeshi going missing one night and Satoshi runs into Shinji, who teams up with him and helps him find his friends. I have have horrible case of FCMD - Favorite Character Mutilation Disorder, so you can be expecting some Satoshi Whumpage cause I'm just evil like that. Sorry Satoshi.

If you haven't already, check it out. A Dubious Affinity

I have another Coma story planned so we'll just see how that one goes.

Simon Alexander

basalit-an

Survival. I'd want to put them in a desperate situation where they must rely on each other to survive. This brings them closer than they've ever been. Kind of like Dual Survival with ten-year-olds.

And! I want to write an in-the-future fic that starts at the end of DP, fast forward like 6 years, etc. so I can write steamy smut with legals. You know, because that's how I roll.

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
Survival. I'd want to put them in a desperate situation where they must rely on each other to survive. This brings them closer than they've ever been. Kind of like Dual Survival with ten-year-olds.

*looks at my unfinished fic* ... *puts it away*

Hehe, I'm already writing a Comashipping fanfic.
It's about Hikari, Pikachu, and Takeshi going missing one night and Satoshi runs into Shinji, who teams up with him and helps him find his friends. I have have horrible case of FCMD - Favorite Character Mutilation Disorder, so you can be expecting some Satoshi Whumpage cause I'm just evil like that. Sorry Satoshi.

If you haven't already, check it out. A Dubious Affinity

I have another Coma story planned so we'll just see how that one goes.

I just read it. *speechless* Why didn't I read this before?

Anyway... ...It's Drabble Wednesday, right guys? <:3

I wrote some stupid thing a while ago. It's short, so I'll count it as a drabble. (Though drabbles are 1000 words and less, but whatever.) It's not something I'm proud of, but I'd like to share it with you Comafolks. =3

The Unseen

Anyone who's my LJ friend might have read it already. .3.

catzeye

Writer's Block

Well it would start off with Paul fending off some wild Pokemon and hurting his ankle in the process. Ash arrives on the seem just in time and saves Paul. Injured, Paul is forced to stay with Ash and his friends until they can get to the nearest Pokemon center. Chaos ensues...

You know what...I'm going to write that...

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
^Please write it! I'll be looking forward to it.

Also, I found some art!

http://*******.com/view.php?pic=2co244m&s=7 This is my new desktop, totally.

Today is Drabble Wednesday?! I wrote this little, pathetic drabble at the Shipper's Truth or Dare thread, so why not post it here?

It was a bright day in Kanto and Ash had just returned from Unova. On his way to Pallet Town, he was met with a rather lovely sight; his grape-haired rival resting under a tree. They'd started arguing, then a battle commenced, and Ash was victorious thanks to his recently-evolved Samurott.
Paul offered to walk Ash home, and the teen acepted. While on their way, Ash got tired of the quiet. "Paul, why are you so quiet?" He asked. Paul would never admit it was because he was thinking of a way to ask the other male out without looking stupid. Instead, he said: "I don't have anything to talk about."
"Do you like me?" Ash asked all so suddenly. "No! And you can't prove it!" Paul defended, going red. "Fine then, screw you. I'm going home alone!" Ash said, feeling a bit hurt as he ran away from Paul. The other male jyst stood there, confused, before he yanked at his hair and stomped on the ground. "I should've told him! Stupid, stupid, stupid!"

I was dared to write uke!Ash...but then I was like:
You'll never get me to write girly!Ash :3 I guess I did it right, although I didn't portray anyone as uke or seme. Kind of equal, nya?
xD

GUYS GUYS, I JUST REALIZED. We need less than 10 posts for this thread to have a HUNDRED REPLIES. Time to post like crazy :'D

MayandDrew46

Yay, activity and fanfics! I'm not going to link my favorites as they're all on fanfiction.net and I don't read M stuff yet(no certain order):

Completed:
1.Favor For a Friend-My favorite Coma fic. It's just so cute and in character and perfect. Seriously, I just love it. I don't totally love that Gary was in it but he wasn't too bad. And, for some reason, I get chocked up reading Paul's letter to Ash.
2.Worry-Set after DP163. This is just SO cute, and I love the last line. Ash is so right. I wish DP163 ended that way(although I do love that episode).
3.At the Beginning-This is just pure fluff. With light teasing and the Soothe Bells. I just love the whole thing.
4.Be Mine-Perfectly in character. But there's still the Valentine's Day kiss. Which is awesome
5.Ash's ABCs-This one is just cute and awesome. I find innocent Paul just adorable. And, it's really great to see Ash not so dense for once.

Incomplete:
1.Fighting For a Friend-Sequel to Favor For a Friend so an automatic love. It's so cute and fluffy. Only two bad things: 1. PenguinShipping and 2. It hasn't been updated in a long time.
2.Photographs-I just love this. It's easy to fall in to the Japanese names after reading it, but that's not a bad thing. Really, I really like that. And that Shinji was in denial. But the latest chapter left off in a cliffhanger!
3.A Blossom After a Harsh Winter-This is the first Mpreg fic I ever read(And the first time I had even heard about it!) so I was uneasy reading it at first but I don't regret it at all. It's awesome, I just wish the author hadn't dropped it.
4. A Dubious Affair-This is a good one. I haven't read it in a while and honestly, I forgot about it until Espeon 114x posted the link. Now I kind of want to re-read it.
5. Um... I just read Power And Friendship yesterday but it's more a fic focusing on their rivalry but it's still good.

Romeo and Juliet styled Coma! Ash being the son of Giovanni and next successor of Team Rocket and Paul being the son of Cyrus and next successor of team Galactic.
My headcannon is Brandon is Paul's father but Romeo and Juliet was one of my first Coma fanfic ideas so I would-of course- love this.

Speaking of like story lovers and ComaShipping, does anyone else think Ash and Paul would be the perfect Pokemon Elizabeth Benett and Darcy from Priide and Prejudice? Ash(ley) being Lizzy and Paul being Darcy, of course. But wouldn't you love to see them dancing and everyone fading away as they have a tension-filled conversation, Paul proposing in the rain, only to be rejected, Ash(ley) understanding and slowly falling? I'm actually doing a P&P Coma fic based off of the 2005 movie with Keria Knightly. With Ashley, of course. So I just answered Queen Zoroark's question.

I have a new topic!
Is there any songs that remind you of ComaShipping?
This post is already incredibly long so I'll answer my topic later.

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
Speaking of like story lovers and ComaShipping, does anyone else think Ash and Paul would be the perfect Pokemon Elizabeth Benett and Darcy from Priide and Prejudice? Ash(ley) being Lizzy and Paul being Darcy, of course. But wouldn't you love to see them dancing and everyone fading away as they have a tension-filled conversation, Paul proposing in the rain, only to be rejected, Ash(ley) understanding and slowly falling? I'm actually doing a P&P Coma fic based off of the 2005 movie with Keria Knightly. With Ashley, of course. So I just answered Queen Zoroark's question.

Just call me Queen, hun. It's easier that way x) As for your idea, I'm not fond of Ashley. However, if it were with normal Ash, I'd like the idea more, lol. And who in the right mind would reject PAUL? (I sure wouldn't) Lol.

Crazy Train (Ozzy Osbourne), La Camisa Negra (Juanes; it's in spanish), and Don't Forget Me (Red Hot Chili Peppers). If you wondering why I chose these weird, un-romantic songs it's because I was listening to those while I read my very first Coma fic.
However, La Camisa Negra kind of fits, because it is about a man that loved this woman a lot, but she hated him and completly put him down. They used to be in a relationship be she left him and took everything with her, and now the man is left with a broken heart and nothing but a black shirt. I always imagine Ash being the broken hearted one and Paul the one leaving xDDDD

You know what...that is a plot bunny...
-goes molest the laptop lmao-

MayandDrew46

Just call me Queen, hun. It's easier that way x) As for your idea, I'm not fond of Ashley. However, if it were with normal Ash, I'd like the idea more, lol. And who in the right mind would reject PAUL? (I sure wouldn't) Lol.
I don't know but for some reason, I love writing Ashley. Maybe I'm just shy about writing(and reading) Yoai with my parents around most of the time. I have nothing against it but I'm just... I don't know. But I agree, I wouldn't reject Paul. Now, for my topic!

Well, there is this one picture slideshow on Youtube to the song October and April(The Rasmus feat. Anette Olzon which I think fits Paul and Ash perfectly. I was having a sleepover at one of my friend's house in April and I heard Back to December(Taylor Swift) and thought of ComaShipping from Paul's PoV. And The Only Exception(Paramore) also is a good song from Paul's PoV. And Pretending(Glee cast) fits perfectly for their future in one of my fanfics. Complete with the big kiss.

This is a bit off topic: So, on Facebook my avatar was a pic of Ash and Paul during the sunset scene(Best scene in DP!) and my huge Pokemon fan friend from school never once commented on it but now I changed it and he comments that Paul need to leave. I pointed out he left months ago and that he is way better than Trip. He replies with the fact that Trip is nice to his Pokemon and all Paul did was torture his(Which is SO not true). So I pointed out that Chimchar wanted to be strong and none of the other's received that training. And that he and Ash parted on good terms. *sigh* I don't get people. Paul is so awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.