• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DESTRUCTIVE LOVE ; Comashipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurai

Elite Sage
Assuming Satoshi and Shinji will interact in this episode, what do you believe would happen?
Paul might develop a little more respect/interest in Ash if he finds out that Ash has defeated Brandon. Someone Reggie lost to. And hey, there might be some character development for him as well. The Sinnoh 8 Gym Challenge is coming to a close, so...

Paul thinks it's silly
That his so-called 'first true love'
Turned out to be Ash

-smacks own face- AND I SHALL WAIT FOR YOU, 'MISA!

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
It's a beautiful day outside but I opted to spend my entire day inside watching Pokemon episodes. I finally found the episodes in English, so I was rewatching all the episodes with Paul in them.

Now that I can finally understand the full meaning of what they're talking about, I realized how despicable Paul is. (We still love him anyway.) So I was watching "Chim-charred" and "Aiding the Enemy" and the dynamics between Ash and Paul are so intense. Wow, this pairing is amazing, I'm falling in love with it all over again. >w<

Anyways, while watching the Grotle/Torterra episode I picked up something.

Brock: I was wondering why you asked Ash about Chimchar before.
Paul: ... Hm.
Brock: I'm starting to think Ash is getting to you.
Paul: I can't believe he didn't use Chimchar's Blaze, that's all.

Oh my gosh, I thought I heard wrong, but I rewinded and that was exactly what they said. Oh Brock, I heart you sometimes. >w<

So, my art trade is in lineart process at the moment, I'll probably color it tonight.

Well, I actually don't know what's going on, but I'll be sure to watch it, I hope it's a good surprise. ^_^

I don't know why it took me this long to put this down:

EPISODE REVIEW SATURDAY
Rules of the activity: Just a friendly discussion involving the episode picked by the owner. Debates, rants (but no bashing) and almost every thing allowed. If the episode has not yet aired outside of Japan, it belongs in a spoiler tag.

EPISODE: DP015 - Shapes of Things to Come! / Kurogane Gym! Hyouta VS Shinji!

Good luck on the art, Vulpixi Misa. ^^

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
EPISODE: DP015 - Shapes of Things to Come! / Kurogane Gym! Hyouta VS Shinji!

Technically not Saturday anymore, but whatever.

I actually don't remember much from this episode, it didn't have any significant Coma moments that I care about. I rewatched it in English to refresh my memory.

I laugh at how Ash calls Paul a jerk or a creep but I don't really remember any instance that Satoshi calls Shinji anything bad. (Either he has but I don't know what he's saying, who knows.) I also laugh at how Ash always goes "Hey Paul!". Reminds me of those comics where Ash is either bothering or killing Paul in some way. Haha.

Anyways, Ash asks Paul to stay and watch his battle at the end of the episode. Kind of a stupid request if you ask me. I mean, really Ash, do you think Paul cares enough about you to stay and watch your pathetic battle? Yes, because he does.

Random note but I was watching various animes to hear Matsumoto Rica's voice in different roles. I don't think I've heard a voice tougher than Satoshi other than Bakura from Yuugiou. (Can't remember much of how Mitarai/Seaman from Yuu Yuu Hakusho sounded like.) Anyone have a recommended anime with Rica playing a tough guy voice in it?

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I really enjoyed that fanfic that Kurai found, "Nothing to Worry About". It was kind of cool getting the story from an outside source. I really want to write a Comashipping one shot...I think I'll give it a try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hefHEf43Psw

SatoShin - You Fight Me (Breaking Benjamin)

Whoo AMV Tuesday! This thread will not be allowed to die x3 I shall make it live!

Anyways, this is a pretty nice vid, I really liked it =3

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hefHEf43Psw

SatoShin - You Fight Me (Breaking Benjamin)

Wow, I actually haven't seen that one before! It was pretty good, not as shippy, but still very good. I'm very tempted to make another AMV since there are so little Comavids out there. =v=

Um, not an AMV, and not Coma, but really cute. I stole this from one of my friends on LJ, ahaha. Enjoy, it's really really cute.

(動く版)シンジは大変なモンスターボール以下略

I also found some fanart. A friend of mines actually drew this. I heart her art.
Edit: Took the art off because she didn't want it in public. Sorry guys. I should have asked her first too. I'm a bad person. ;A;
Um, I guess I'll link back to her LiveJournal. Art by ledgem AKA Carol.

Last edited:

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Today is Drabble Wednesday, though I'm not quite sure what that means. How would one participate in this? What exactly is drabbling?

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Today is Drabble Wednesday, though I'm not quite sure what that means. How would one participate in this? What exactly is drabbling?

Your friend is a genius, Vulpixi Misa! I can't stop staring at them and it motivated me to make a Comashipping art folder. I'll provide a link for you all soon? 8'D

Drabbles, from what I learned are mini fics that are between 100 and 500 words. Yeah, that's basically it.

Kurai

Elite Sage
Great AMVs gaiz. I agree about the Breaking Benjamin one, and I just love what 'Misa posted too. It made me lulz very hard. Otaku_attack, amirite?

And FFFFFF, that art's so sexy. D: Your friend's got talent <333 IT GIVES ME IDEAZ And I just love how Pikachu's always thwarting Paul's attempt to, uh...do stuff to Ash. ...Yeah, 'stuff'.

Swampert_trainer: That'd be awesome! If you ever do write anything, please don't forget to link us up.

...I'LL HAVE A DRABBLE NEXT WEEK. D8

I luff that video you posted 'Misa, it made me go *squee!* Shinji is just too cute when he is drawn like that xD

Also, that art is very sexy, I gotta bug my freind to finish her Comashipping art as well =3

I too will probably, maybe, slight chance, I will have a drabble next week =3 I got a cute idea for one, but I dunno if I should write it x3

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
Hai gaiz, sorry for missing Drabble Wednesday. Um... Since it's Fanfiction Thursday I suppose I can...

...Yeah, I guess I'll put up some of that fic I was working on.

"I'll go get it!" the black haired trainer yelled to his two friends as he grabbed two empty containers used for water. His best friend, the yellow rodent Pikachu, snatched a bucket that also needed to be filled.

"Okay, thanks Ash!" one of said friends, Brock yelled back. The tall and dark breeder was stirring his soup cautiously, making sure to get the perfect texture and the proper flavor. The other friend, Dawn, a Pokemon Coordinator, was preparing the table for three.

Meanwhile, their pokemon, of all sizes, colors and shapes, were setting up a big blanket and empty bowls on the lush green grass. Piplup and Buneary, along with Ambipom and Buizel were carrying dishes and placing them in the proper arrangements. Staravia, Turtwig and Sudowoodo held cans of Pokechow in assorted flavors. Croagunk watched from a tree nearby, in case anything was to happen. Happiny and Pachirisu were playfully oblivious to the work being done, but none minded, they were children (or had the mind of a child) after all.

It was near noon, which meant it was lunchtime, and not a Pokemon Center was in sight. The group decided to settle there for a meal before picking up again. The next town wouldn't be until a few days of travel, so there wasn't much to look forward to.

Ash pushed his way past thick branches and bushes in the woods. There was supposed to be a river nearby; the rushing waters could be heard from the forest clearing where they had set up camp. Finally stepping out of the thickets, the boy made it to the running water source. Pikachu followed shortly, the bucket handle firmly gripped in his yellow paws. The trainer dipped an empty bottle into the cool, flowing water, waiting until the thing was completely filled.

As he was about to put down the full container, he saw a blob of blue floating to the water's surface. The blob slowly bobbed up and down the water. Two small beads for eyes blinked at the trainer and Pikachu. Ash then realized that it was a pokemon staring back at him and relaxed a bit. Pikachu waved at the creature, his own bucket of water already filled. The pokemon didn't react, but it suddenly splashed into the river, as if sensing danger.

A moment later, rustling from bushes on the other side of the river was heard. Ash averted his attention to the source of the noise, a very familiar trainer jumped out from the forest. As frustrated as ever, Paul stomped up to the edge of the river. He spotted Ash and his Pikachu from the other side, but ignored them, as if they weren't there at all.

The blue pokemon submerged from its dive, slowly swimming down the river. Upon seeing the pokemon, Paul jumped across some stepping stones that lay a path to the other side.

"Hey you, catch that Quagsire!"

Ash blinked, but then realized that he was being spoken to. The pokemon was in fact a Quagsire, and for some reason Paul was asking him to catch it. He lifted a hand up in some sad attempt at grabbing the mudfish pokemon but apparently it knew his intentions and hurriedly jetted off. Paul had landed a few feet next to him, not missing a moment.

"You're useless, you know that?"

He sprinted after the water type, not taking another glance at the other trainer. Ash stood up with a huge frown on his face. He was not about to let that guy insult him and get away with it. He ran after Paul, willing to prove that he wasn't good for nothing.

"Pikachu, maybe you can slow it down with a Thunderbolt?"

The yellow mouse nodded and let loose a stream of electricity aiming for the Quagsire. The blue mudfish pokemon didn't seem to be fazed by the attack and carried on down stream.

"Are you stupid or really trying to get on my nerves? Quagsire is a ground type and not at all affected by Electric type attacks." Paul yelled without turning around.

"Well, do you want my help or not?" Ash growled back but didn't stop running. "Maybe a Quick Attack will knock it out of the water?" Pikachu complied and dashed towards the blue Ground type.

"Quagsire!"

"P-Pika!"

Pikachu had been able to smash into the water type but the impact of the attack didn't send it very far. The electric rodent slipped against the Quagsire's rubbery skin and fell into the rushing waters. Gasping for breath, Pikachu resurfaced but struggled to get back ashore.

"Pikachu!" Ash was just about to jump into the water, but he collided against Paul's back, who had stopped running. "Hey! Watch it!" He glared at the purple haired trainer, but the other had his attention up at the sky. Looking up too, Ash was able to spot a very familiar hot air balloon in the shape of a Meowth head.

"Listen, is that a voice I hear?"

"It's speaking to me very loud and clear."

"Go away Team Rocket, you're not wanted now!"

Jessie felt a vein burst. "Hey you! What right do you have interrupting us like that?!"

"Forget it Jessie, I'll just get the net." With that James pushed a button on a remote he had produced from seemingly nowhere. From the bottom compartment of the balloon, a big Butterfree net shot out and scooped both pokemon out of the water.

"Nyahaha! We've got what we want." Meowth jumped up into view. "So, now we scram." Pushing another button on the remote held by James, the balloon casket suddenly grew turbo rockets and sped off.

"You're not getting away that easily!" Ash growled and reached down to his belt for Staravia's pokeball. His fingers met air and he realized his pokemon were back at the base with Dawn and Brock. He bit his lip and glanced over at Paul.

The other trainer didn't look like he was going to do anything. No, no way was Ash going to ask for his help, Pikachu might be at stake but so was his pride. With a low growl, Ash pushed past him and ran after the balloon. His feet weren't a match for the turbo rockets and by now, the hovering Meowth head was almost too far away to catch. His chest was nearly out of air, but he would not give up; he was going to save Pikachu, even if his lungs exploded in the process.

The balloon flew over the edge of the cliff where the river cascaded down the steep piece of land. With determination flooding his brown eyes, Ash stopped nearly a foot away from the edge. Then, using all his might, he leapt. The Team Rocket members gawked at his feat, nearly dropping the remote that held the confined Pikachu and Quagsire.

His hand swiped at the green basket. He missed. He tried to hang onto the Butterfree net and missed that too. Then he realized gravity was still in play and he fell. Before any sort of scream could leave his mouth, he felt someone grab a hold of his arm. Ash looked up and saw that it was Paul who had caught him. He wasn't out of danger yet because the other trainer seemed to be struggling to hold onto the ledge with his other hand.

"You really are an idiot." Paul had muttered that under his teeth before the rocks beneath his fingers crumbled and the two trainers plummeted.

I wrote this loooooong ago, so it might sound really... crummy... ...Yeah. I'm not quite sure when this takes place, but Hikozaru hasn't been disowned and owned yet. My writing style is never a really set thing, so please excuse me if the next chapter doesn't sound like it was written by me. ^^;

In other news, a friend of mines (Shin~) and I have been RPing some Coma, and maybe I'll post it up if I haven't already forced her to join this thread and post it herself. >w>

I HAVE BEEN RAISED FROM THE DEAD!!!
-hammered-

LOOK AT ALL THIS ACTIVITY!!
BEING DEAD SUCKS!
YOU GUYS HAVE SUCH COOL POSTS!!! XDD

But now I feel kind of bad....
Don't really have anything FF, drabble, Fanart, or AMV-wise to contribute...

How about a topic pour les discussions?
The end of the Sinnoh Arc is approaching, which means the Sinnoh League is as well! Let's just say Ash and Paul are the finalists, and they have an epic battle. What would happen if Paul wins? How would Ash congratulate him, if he does at all? Is Ash going to be happy for Paul or will he sulk in his loss at this one chance to impress his crush? Would Paul even let himself beat Ash? Similarly, What would happen if Ash won?

^wow that sounds awkward. I should take a grammar class.

Vulpixi your fanfic is really good! I find it funny how Paul always has to point out Ash's flaws xDD

Takachu

ShinSato
Mm...hi!

Hi '___'

Vulpixi-Misa made me join this so I'm kinda ... intimidated by all the posts I need to catch up on cause I have something I call "forum-phobia" but hopefully I can survive here since Comashipping is my OTP in everything.

So introduction I guess, since I'm new. I can do episode reviews too later on a Saturday for new episodes if people want ~v~ <3 (because I understand them)

Anyway, hi! I'm Takachu (or Shin, as Vulpixi called me before XD)
Comashipping is my all time overall OTP and it makes me jizz in my pants (not that you need to know that). :>

Even though I'm new on this forum (I'm pretty sure I had an account at some point but don't remember it so...), I've been a comashipping fan since Satoshi+co's arrival at Shinou-chihou aired back in Japan. The second I saw Shinji I felt chemistry and fell in love and comashipping became my OTP.

Mmmm so hi! ._. <3
;135; <-- favorite pokemon
:meowthbal

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
Vulpixi-Misa made me join this so I'm kinda ... intimidated by all the posts I need to catch up on cause I have something I call "forum-phobia" but hopefully I can survive here since Comashipping is my OTP in everything.

Shiiiin~ *glomp* You're here! =v= I have to introduce you to Krii, so you guys can be buddies on LJ. X3

Thanks for reading my fic Legerd! I'm writing the second chapter, even though I have a paper due tomorrow and three due next week.

The end of the Sinnoh Arc is approaching, which means the Sinnoh League is as well! Let's just say Ash and Paul are the finalists, and they have an epic battle. What would happen if Paul wins? How would Ash congratulate him, if he does at all? Is Ash going to be happy for Paul or will he sulk in his loss at this one chance to impress his crush? Would Paul even let himself beat Ash? Similarly, What would happen if Ash won?
Well. ...Depending on if there's a next generation, they'll have Ash win or lose. I really hope he'll win and finally beat Paul because you do realize that he never won anything against him. *koffminusepisode118koff*

Ash would definitely congratulate him, if Paul won. I don't think he'd be really happy about it and maybe cry later. I don't know if he'd mope around like in the first league, but a loss against Paul, after all he went through in Sinnoh, well, that's a big deal.

Paul will not hold back, he will be really hard to defeat. Though I think Ash kinda softenned him a little, even if he won't admit it. Ohoho.

If Ash won, well, Paul wouldn't say anything. (Ack, I had a perfect situation in the old thread. Let me find it.)
Vulpixi Misa said:
I can see it now, the final battle, and with their best pokemon. After some huge explosion and the dust clears we see Paul lose. Ash would be in some sorta shock at first, then do his victory dances and run to hug his pokemon. Paul would recall his pokemon, and stare at Ash a bit. Ash would try to show some sort of sportsmanship by shaking hands "Good fight" and all that. Paul doesn't do any of that of course and walks out.

Ash might think that's the last he's seen of his rival, but before he leaves the empty stadium, he sees Paul, just leaning against the wall, watching him. Paul then finally tells Ash that he's not totally worthless. A smug smile thrown here and then Paul leaves. Ash is left watching his back, with a shy smile on his lips, he knows that Paul isn't the bad guy that he acts to be.

Last edited:
Comashipping is my all time overall OTP and it makes me jizz in my pants (not that you need to know that). :>

Your not alone in that one, thats for sure xD I'm up 'till WAY in the morning, well like 2 A.M reading Coma fics and looking at fanart, and am still doing it with STAR testing at my school xD Its not good for my grades, but its wonderful for my soul =3

Im not very creative with answers, but here goes xD
I think that is Paul won, he might not say anything to Ash, perhaps tell him he is as pathetic as usual and all that stuff, but I think deep deep deep deep, very deep down, he really wanted Ash to win becuase it would make him happy, but he wouldn't hold back in battling becuase of his pride. Ash might not congratulate him, but he might not, if he does, he will do it in a normal, caual tone, but of course, Paul would just brush him off (it hurts Paul deep down to do that *nod nod*), and becuase Paul will brush him off, that would be the reason that he would not congratulate him, it would hurt him too much for his Paul to say mean things for him D= Ash would be both happy for Paul becuase he won, he is always happy for those who wins, plus winning makes Paul happy, and Ash likes a happy Paul :p But he would also be sad becuase he lost to someone who 'abuses' his Pokemon and is 'mean' to him. He would sulk for a bit, but he will get over it pretty quickly, he is not as weepy as he was in the Indigo League. Now, if Paul won, I wouldn't be suprised if he released whatever Pokemon he used against Ash in that battle, I also wouldn't be suprised if Ash took any of them. Paul would be a bit happy that Ash won becuase it means his Ash isn't as weak as he thought. Paul would just walk off after the battle though and not say a word, but I bet he would go off in some isolated spot and cuss himself out for losing, and possibly not telling Ash things he should have, just in case they don't see each other again (or for a while). If they saw each other after Paul lost, Paul would ignore him and walk away from him (crying on the inside for doing so), despite Ash trying to talk to him. If he didn't see Ash (or rather Ash didn't see him), he would just be nearby in the bushes stalking him, as is his profession =3

Well, thats all I got xD Not very creative, pretty obvious, but still =3

Your not alone in that one, thats for sure xD I'm up 'till WAY in the morning, well like 2 A.M reading Coma fics and looking at fanart, and am still doing it with STAR testing at my school xD Its not good for my grades, but its wonderful for my soul =3

Im not very creative with answers, but here goes xD
I think that is Paul won, he might not say anything to Ash, perhaps tell him he is as pathetic as usual and all that stuff, but I think deep deep deep deep, very deep down, he really wanted Ash to win becuase it would make him happy, but he wouldn't hold back in battling becuase of his pride. Ash might not congratulate him, but he might not, if he does, he will do it in a normal, caual tone, but of course, Paul would just brush him off (it hurts Paul deep down to do that *nod nod*), and becuase Paul will brush him off, that would be the reason that he would not congratulate him, it would hurt him too much for his Paul to say mean things for him D= Ash would be both happy for Paul becuase he won, he is always happy for those who wins, plus winning makes Paul happy, and Ash likes a happy Paul :p But he would also be sad becuase he lost to someone who 'abuses' his Pokemon and is 'mean' to him. He would sulk for a bit, but he will get over it pretty quickly, he is not as weepy as he was in the Indigo League. Now, if Paul won, I wouldn't be suprised if he released whatever Pokemon he used against Ash in that battle, I also wouldn't be suprised if Ash took any of them. Paul would be a bit happy that Ash won becuase it means his Ash isn't as weak as he thought. Paul would just walk off after the battle though and not say a word, but I bet he would go off in some isolated spot and cuss himself out for losing, and possibly not telling Ash things he should have, just in case they don't see each other again (or for a while). If they saw each other after Paul lost, Paul would ignore him and walk away from him (crying on the inside for doing so), despite Ash trying to talk to him. If he didn't see Ash (or rather Ash didn't see him), he would just be nearby in the bushes stalking him, as is his profession =3

Well, thats all I got xD Not very creative, pretty obvious, but still =3

Takachu

ShinSato
Lol double post.

I feel like giving a less realistic and more Comashipping fanservice answer for this.

If Paul wins (bleh I'm writing in past tense like a fic xD fail):
Ash tried really hard to prove to Paul that his way was wrong and that you have be friends with your pokemon and all that. Prior to the battle they ran into each other and it was like a silent stare-match. Ash was all 'I have to beat Paul and get his recognition'. So he offered a smile and said good luck, hoping Paul would give the same, but he didn't, just 'tch'ed and walked past him disinterestedly. Ash was now all 'I have to beat him to prove him wrong' (and to get his attention of course).
[excuse me for jumping to present tense]

So they battle and it's all epic. During the battle Paul is all hesitant because he actually likes Ash (lolwhut) and is having a mental conflict in his mind, fighting with himself over his confusing emotions. When Ash manages a really effective move due to Paul's lack of concentration, Paul gets really ticked off at himself and goes super hard on Ash (not like that) and basically wipes him out without holding back at all (though it's still a really good match). Ash is all shocked and disappointed. Paul beat him with his ways? Was he right all along? Was 'slave driving' your Pokemon really the best? He tries to offer his congratulations but is unable to. Paul just smirks at him in victory, noticing how he proved Ash wrong and all. Ash is all downcast and runs off, feeling like Paul would never recognize him or whatever. Paul's smirk fades as he watches this. He listlessly accepts the award, etc etc. Dawn and Brock try to go after him but then Paul's Pokemon force them to stop and Paul's like 'This is Ash's and my business" and goes off to find him and finds him all depressed sitting by a lake and he stands behind him. He himself is now slowly coming to terms with his feelings and .....

I'll stop there cause I'm spamming with this. 'A';;; NEXT. (LOL I leave it open-ended. If anyone's even interested I'll finish it or something.)

If Ash Wins:
Paul just stands there, in shock on the inside, but not displaying it on the outside. Because ... he kind of stopped trying and wanted Ash to win. What was wrong with him??? He watches Ash rejoice blankly, trying to figure himself out. When Ash comes up to him to shake hands and saying it was a great battle, he blushes and loses control of it and ends up running off. (Oh how embarrassing for his ego!) Ash notices that that wasn't a normal 'oh no I lost' type of run off (not that that was Paul's style). So he gets all worried and wants to check up on him. After a congratulatory dinner, he's still all distracted and says he'll be right back, going to find Paul in his room freaking out over himself. And ...

STUFF HAPPENS. *v* I stop spamming with my reply hereeee. <3 Nya ko nyaasu!

Woo! Hurray for stuff happening xD I wants you to finish the first one! The first and even the second could be made into drabbles, possibly one-shots =3 Now I feel the need to read Coma fics! *Wishes fic with Shinji prego would be updated*

Status
Not open for further replies.