• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Detective Pikachu General Discussion & Discussion of Serebii's Discoveries Thread

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I'm guessing that if they knew about the Telltale games, they wouldn't be confused by the 5-hour length.

Episodes are not standalone games, and they're priced accordingly. You may choose to wait until all episodes are available to enjoy the game as a single package. I hope that they localize each episode individually, because I personally don't have a problem with the episodic format; I prefer it to waiting long for a single game. In Telltale's case, the gap between episodes ranges between two and four months.

If anyone finds the game lackluster based on Serebii's coverage, you should realize that story-driven games need to be experienced first-hand. Serebii either didn't want to spoil much or the language barrier limited his understanding of the plot.

A bit of both. The plot is covered mostly in the section, but I don't want to completely ruin every line, every nuance, every twist etc.

I provide a resource, not a giant spoiler. This game is a Cinematic Adventure game, a large part of the enjoyment is in the way the story plays out and experiencing it that way.

cuauhtlatoatzin

I don't know where the appropriate place to post this is... But I noticed on the main site that you transliterated the city name as Tantei but I noticed in-game they spelled it Tahnti. In the park there's a sign where it's spelled that way.

I tried to post the imgur link to the picture I took of it but since I'm a new member I don't think it'll let me :/

BCVM22

I predict Detective Pikachu to be the biggest flop of all Pokemon games

It's already two years old. Not only do I imagine that their expectations were/are commensurate to the niche quirkiness of the project, but even with the 3DS on the way out, they likely wouldn't have bothered with an international release if they didn't feel there was some demand.

So that's already a prediction gone south. I wouldn't worry about whether it's "the biggest flop of all Pokemon games." If people enjoy it, what does it matter?

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Thoroughly enjoyed the game, it was a very well done spin off, and its made me appreciate Pikachu more (I used to love the species, but then during GSC to RSE I began to hate it, but from DP onwards I just got used to it as a species). I really enjoyed the characters in the game too, my only gripe is the ending, it just feels so incomplete.....

MayTrainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thoroughly enjoyed the game, it was a very well done spin off, and its made me appreciate Pikachu more (I used to love the species, but then during GSC to RSE I began to hate it, but from DP onwards I just got used to it as a species). I really enjoyed the characters in the game too, my only gripe is the ending, it just feels so incomplete.....
I agree with you for the ending... maybe they will do a Detective Pikachu 2?
About Pikachu, he is one of my favorite but this Pikachu was really funny XD I'm glad that I bought the Amiibo of it!

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Why does this game not have an ending? Ok you arrest the people behind R, but the case you CAME THERE TO SOLVE never gets resolved.

We're all in agreement though, right? Like, it's obvious what happened to Tim's father? I'm going to be shocked if it turns out to be literally anything else.

A cute game, and I'm glad I played it, but this should NOT have been a 40 USD game.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
I love the game. I just beat it today, even though I got it on launch date. LOL I can't wait for the Detective Pikachu movie and the possible sequel game. Was anyone else confused by the true culprit of the case handled in the chapter we went to GNN? I didn't see that coming.