1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Detective Pikachu Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by AuraChannelerChris, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

Saw the movie

Much like the SM anime, the main pokémon with the most screentime looks absolutely atrocious

Human wrinkles do not belong on a Pokémon's face and seeing it in motion for an hour was nauseating

Also, the tail was far too fluffy and the overall fur should've been maybe half an inch shorter

All the other pokémon looked good and Misty wasn't as annoying as her anime counterpart

Or "Lucy" as they insist on calling her for some reason

2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "What are yeh looking at. Gimme my booty back."

It's weird to even compare Lucy with Misty, when Lucy is more or less Emilia.

3. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

Who's Emilia?

4. BenLee really not taken

BenLee really not taken Captain Obvious

She was pretty much a counterpart to Lucy for Detective Pikachu on 3ds

5. Shadow_Flare

Shadow_Flare Member

That wasn't SUPPOSED to be Misty. Lucy is basically a composite of Emilia and Meiko from the Detective Pikachu game.

6. greninjamaster

greninjamaster Well-Known Member

Movie made $430 million WW. Solid for a first time especially with a monster like Endgame still doing what it did at the box office. Good start for the PCU.

7. Squirtle85

Squirtle85 Ready, Set, and GO

I saw the movie a week after the release. The movie was so funny and entertaining! The attention to details and the creative way the Pokémon blended into the real world was amazing. Here's hoping for a sequel or a Nintendo Cinematic Universe.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  8. anjunajake

anjunajake you were the sun & moon to me

Now that some time has passed, is it safe to call this movie an over all success? Can we expect a sequel for sure?

9. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Time to get spooky! Staff Member Moderator

I view it as such, it made quite a bit of money. Hopefully. It would be nice if there was one.

anjunajake likes this.
  10. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

I'd call it the most successful video game movie of all time, actually.

anjunajake likes this.
  11. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

To a degree.

For sure? No.

12. Lemonski

Lemonski Active Member

When I went to see the film in the nearby cinema a while ago, there were just two other people watching. I liked it that way though since fewer people often means less noise. I liked the film so much that I'm definitely going to buy it as a DVD/Blu-ray too once it's released.

anjunajake and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  13. greninjamaster

Pay no mind to BCVM2 a sequel is already confirmed. Not just by the outlets greenlighting it but also the crew announcing on Twitter that they're back for the sequel. Ryan has also read a script for the sequel.

A sequel is happening.

anjunajake likes this.
  14. AuraChannelerChris

You can write a sequel.

But not really go through with it without an official trailer.

Only the possibility is there, but it isn't written on stone yet.

Monster Guy likes this.
  15. greninjamaster

....Um dude that's not how it works. It first has to be FILMED before anything. A trailer is promotion for the film, nothing else.

It's actually pretty much written in stone, why people ignore it I have no idea.

anjunajake likes this.
  16. AuraChannelerChris

Is there any real proof it is being filmed, then?

17. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

It's been greenlit, yes, wonderful. Films, especially sequels to films that did okay but not great, are greenlit all the time and often don't make it to production.

It's great that they say they have a script and that Reynolds has said he has seen it (neither of these statements have any tangible value), but they are certainly not filming it right now or any time in the immediate future. Actors have schedules and commitments that have to be taken into account.

It's great that the first steps for a sequel are happening, but until they get as far as announcing it, dating it, and filming it, keep an eye open, is what I'm saying. Maybe do five minutes of research before you so blithely declare "pay no mind, this is definitely all happening."

18. mockingjay

mockingjay swift and lol

When has the crew ever said they're back for the sequel and that Reynolds has read a script for the sequel?

A sequel isn't happening. A cinematic universe is probably dead, let it go.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  19. Jangobadass

Jangobadass ♪My Little Ponyta, My Little Ponyta...♪

That's a bit harsh. I'm skeptical for a sequel after DP's ending (though studios will throw out/screw up a perfect ending for the sake of a conituation), but a cinematic universe should still be on the table. DP made enough money to encourage them to do more.

20. greninjamaster

1:50 mark. A sequel was announced in January.

May I suggest doing research the next time instead of making yourself look like an asshole.