1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Detective Pikachu Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by AuraChannelerChris, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

The cinematic universe should have TV shows as well.

Such shows could be put on HBOmax, the new streaming service from WarnerMedia, to bring in subscribers to it.

I also want any potential series to be made to the standards of typical broadcast network series: 42-44 minutes per episode, 22 to 24 episodes a season released once a week late September to May with some breaks in between and spots where commercial breaks can go in case a series reaches enough episodes for syndication to traditional cable networks.

2. This movie is awesome. I especially love the scene where Psyduck blasted the three Greninja away, because that scene could be viewed in three different ways, depending on how big of a Pokémon fan the viewer is.

3. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

Watching CinemaWins' video about Detective Pikachu got me thinking about the film again. The only major gripe I had was that most of the Pokemon are either blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameos or off in the very far background of busy crowd shots where you can't see them. Of course I wasn't expecting a full 90 minutes of CG Pokemon, but it was disappointing to see Purrloin only pop up for two seconds and Venusaur only appearing in the background once or twice while there are a million other things happening on screen. Other than that it was a good, solid film that I really enjoyed, and I hope there's a sequel one day.