• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Detective Pikachu Movie Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Saw the movie

Much like the SM anime, the main pokémon with the most screentime looks absolutely atrocious

Human wrinkles do not belong on a Pokémon's face and seeing it in motion for an hour was nauseating

Also, the tail was far too fluffy and the overall fur should've been maybe half an inch shorter

All the other pokémon looked good and Misty wasn't as annoying as her anime counterpart

Or "Lucy" as they insist on calling her for some reason

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
Saw the movie

Much like the SM anime, the main pokémon with the most screentime looks absolutely atrocious

Human wrinkles do not belong on a Pokémon's face and seeing it in motion for an hour was nauseating

Also, the tail was far too fluffy and the overall fur should've been maybe half an inch shorter

All the other pokémon looked good and Misty wasn't as annoying as her anime counterpart

Or "Lucy" as they insist on calling her for some reason

That wasn't SUPPOSED to be Misty. Lucy is basically a composite of Emilia and Meiko from the Detective Pikachu game.

Squirtle85

Ready, Set, and GO
I saw the movie a week after the release. The movie was so funny and entertaining! The attention to details and the creative way the Pokémon blended into the real world was amazing. Here's hoping for a sequel or a Nintendo Cinematic Universe.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Now that some time has passed, is it safe to call this movie an over all success? Can we expect a sequel for sure?
I view it as such, it made quite a bit of money. Hopefully. It would be nice if there was one.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Now that some time has passed, is it safe to call this movie an over all success? Can we expect a sequel for sure?
I'd call it the most successful video game movie of all time, actually.

Lemonski

When I went to see the film in the nearby cinema a while ago, there were just two other people watching. I liked it that way though since fewer people often means less noise. I liked the film so much that I'm definitely going to buy it as a DVD/Blu-ray too once it's released.

greninjamaster

Pay no mind to BCVM2 a sequel is already confirmed. Not just by the outlets greenlighting it but also the crew announcing on Twitter that they're back for the sequel. Ryan has also read a script for the sequel.

A sequel is happening.

greninjamaster

You can write a sequel.

But not really go through with it without an official trailer.

Only the possibility is there, but it isn't written on stone yet.

....Um dude that's not how it works. It first has to be FILMED before anything. A trailer is promotion for the film, nothing else.

It's actually pretty much written in stone, why people ignore it I have no idea.

BCVM22

Pay no mind to BCVM2 a sequel is already confirmed. Not just by the outlets greenlighting it but also the crew announcing on Twitter that they're back for the sequel. Ryan has also read a script for the sequel.

A sequel is happening.

It's been greenlit, yes, wonderful. Films, especially sequels to films that did okay but not great, are greenlit all the time and often don't make it to production.

It's great that they say they have a script and that Reynolds has said he has seen it (neither of these statements have any tangible value), but they are certainly not filming it right now or any time in the immediate future. Actors have schedules and commitments that have to be taken into account.

It's great that the first steps for a sequel are happening, but until they get as far as announcing it, dating it, and filming it, keep an eye open, is what I'm saying. Maybe do five minutes of research before you so blithely declare "pay no mind, this is definitely all happening."

mockingjay

swift and lol
When has the crew ever said they're back for the sequel and that Reynolds has read a script for the sequel?

A sequel isn't happening. A cinematic universe is probably dead, let it go.

Jangobadass

Surprise!

That's a bit harsh. I'm skeptical for a sequel after DP's ending (though studios will throw out/screw up a perfect ending for the sake of a conituation), but a cinematic universe should still be on the table. DP made enough money to encourage them to do more.

greninjamaster

When has the crew ever said they're back for the sequel and that Reynolds has read a script for the sequel?

1:50 mark. A sequel was announced in January.

May I suggest doing research the next time instead of making yourself look like an asshole.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The cinematic universe should have TV shows as well.

Such shows could be put on HBOmax, the new streaming service from WarnerMedia, to bring in subscribers to it.

I also want any potential series to be made to the standards of typical broadcast network series: 42-44 minutes per episode, 22 to 24 episodes a season released once a week late September to May with some breaks in between and spots where commercial breaks can go in case a series reaches enough episodes for syndication to traditional cable networks.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Watching CinemaWins' video about Detective Pikachu got me thinking about the film again. The only major gripe I had was that most of the Pokemon are either blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameos or off in the very far background of busy crowd shots where you can't see them. Of course I wasn't expecting a full 90 minutes of CG Pokemon, but it was disappointing to see Purrloin only pop up for two seconds and Venusaur only appearing in the background once or twice while there are a million other things happening on screen. Other than that it was a good, solid film that I really enjoyed, and I hope there's a sequel one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.