• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Detective Pikachu Movie Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
WOW Movie is getting stellar reviews from critics that went tonight and it was a lot of non-Pokemon fans as well.
Do you have a link to some of their reviews? (asking in general) I'm glad it's doing so well! :)

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Red and Blue

I didn't notice at first but is Tim wearing an O shaped Unknown shirt? If so that's a nice detail

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I didn't notice at first but is Tim wearing an O shaped Unknown shirt? If so that's a nice detail

He apparently wears multiple different Unown shirts. I find it pretty funny.

mockingjay

swift and lol
I’ve seen the movie and as far as I know, I’m allowed to talk about it so ask away (everything will be in spoiler tags)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I’ve seen the movie and as far as I know, I’m allowed to talk about it so ask away (everything will be in spoiler tags)

What makes you so special? (Jealous? I'm not jealous.)

mockingjay

swift and lol
Maybe this is just Disney being petty/jilted over Detective Pikachu overshadowing the teaser trailer back in November. Who knows, I just think it's kinda interesting/funny to make guesses over.

What makes you so special? (Jealous? I'm not jealous.)

A lot of people have seen the movie now, try searching up your city's name + the word "advance screening" on Google. WB are doing A LOT of advanced screenings in the UK/US that anyone can get tickets for.

I just got tickets to a screening via Roadshow (who are distributing the movie in Australia) as I have a relationship with them from the old Hunger Games days as I ran a fansite back then.

Red and Blue

Guess I'll get this out of the way. Any Generation 8 Pokemon in the film? Outside of the three starters of course.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Pressing "X" to doubt without photographic evidence of your ticket.

But the only question I really have is about Mewtwo's role and if he does more than just bitch about humans like he did in the game.

mockingjay

swift and lol
I don’t remember how to do spoiler tags so spoiler warning below:

No to the first two questions from the two posters.

And on Mewtwo:

Mewtwo has a large role and ends up being somewhat of a hero (Mewtwo is a double agent kind of thing almost) - Mewtwo ties into the “mystery” of Tim’s father

Red and Blue

If you want to use spoiler tags just do this:
insert text

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
And on Mewtwo:

Mewtwo has a large role and ends up being somewhat of a hero (Mewtwo is a double agent kind of thing almost) - Mewtwo ties into the “mystery” of Tim’s father

Figured as much. Literally no different from the game except he actually does stuff. That's all I really wanted.

Lady Umbreon

Status
Not open for further replies.