• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Determining Vivilion Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I just picked up Pokemon X recently, and I gotta say: It's a vast improvement over the Gen V games. It's not just "Battling/Exploring and nothing else" like Black/White, there are actually diversions in the game. Also, I can't get over the super-speedy save times. It felt like in the gen V games the saving felt a bit longer than normal, but this time around they're "Blink of an eye" fast. ...And Diggersbytho. Diggersby's cool!

...But anyway, in X and Y, there exist yet another Butterfly Pokemon in the game. But this one is different. Bearing the Dex Number of the Beast, Vivillon's main gimmick is to have different forms based on where you live. But I'm not sure how this is determined. I live in the United States in the state of Wisconsin, and have my DS set to said location. In Wisconsin USA, you get the Modern one, which kind of feels off. This state is not known for its sprawling cities. I've looked around for a guide on what state/country gets what form, but no dice. Is there a guide to this? Also, what form did you guys get? ...Is the form always Modern in all 50 states?

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I don't like the gimmick of Vivillion at all. The pokémon itself is wonderful, but the gimmick is tedious.

Also, no, all 50 states are not "Modern". I'm an NYC player and mine are all "Polar" (...I don't understand why at all).

I'd like the "Sun" one.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
o_O According to that site... I should have gotten the Polar Vivillon.

NanoZero

Ice Trainer
Yeah, it seems to be more based on the environment you live in. For an instance, I have continental, both northern france and northern germany that are neighbouring countries also have continental but southern france has the pink vivilion since it has another climate.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Huh. I live in the south-eastern part of Wisconsin, not too far from Minnesota. Maybe that could explain why I got Modern instead of Polar.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Everything you need is here. http://imgur.com/a/0Qt5N

In the future use the questions/help threads to ask a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.