• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Deus ex:human revolution

abrar14

Statter Master
A lot of reviewers are calling this game, like its original ancestor, a masterpiece in creative game design with, comparatively speaking, only a few minor issues.

The almost flawless execution with which this game apparently pulls off its lofty design philosophy is said to be one of the most important things to happen to gaming in the last decade, but only time will tell if those claiming to know, are right.

Have you yet played Deus Ex: Human Revolution? Would you say it was that good? Or are the reviewers exaggerating just a tad? Or is it, in your experience, a humdrum game with as many detractors as highlights?

Are you waiting to find out what it's like? Are you waiting for cheaper, pre-owned copies to flood the shops?

Speaking for myself, I'm waiting on my copy today, which in the UK is the games release date. And I am pretttty excited about it.

FroTW

*** gladio et sale
It is a truly beautiful game. I got it for 40 bucks along with the first two through GameStop and I just can't get over it. Perhaps the best part of the game is that so much of it is left up to your own planning and strategizing.
I recommend this game to anyone who wants to do some thinking with their FPS games instead of raging.

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
Finally got the game. It's pretty good. My only suggestion is to install it if you have a 360.
Also, does anyone know how to delete saves on the 360?

Last edited:

Fenix

Tremulant
I should probably play the first Deus Ex.
This is exactly what I am doing. I always regretted missing the first one and was looking for an opportunity to play it, and with the new Deus Ex game out I couldn't ignore it anymore!

I've played 2 missions so far and it's a really good game. It hasn't aged well to be honest but it is still good enough even by today's standards. The death animations are hilarious though :).

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
question, how is the language in it? (cuss words) blood I can handle, but over the top cussing pushes me away from an otherwise good game

Fenix

Tremulant
question, how is the language in it? (cuss words) blood I can handle, but over the top cussing pushes me away from an otherwise good game
I have played it a bit and there is no "over the top" cussing at all. So far.

Anyway a question I want to ask from you veteran Deus Ex players: Will I ever be able to sell my excess gear? I have been tight in space since the end of the first mission and there have been no shops so far. I mainly want to sell my crossbow with tranquillizer darts (haha they suck so hard, you hit the guy and he runs around alerting everyone... stealth weapon my ***) because I spent a couple of upgrades on it and I don't feel like just tossing it away :|.

Also, are cigarettes/flares ever useful? I have tons of both and I have kept them hoping they'll be useful someday.

Fenix

Tremulant
So to you Deus Ex players of this forum (are there actually any?):

This is my current inventory (right after paying a visit to the MJ12 armory when you break out of prison):

[img139]http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss159/Frozen_Hopes/DeusExinventory.jpg[/img139]
So I am really tight on space right now but I don't know what to drop. First impulse is the crossbow and/or some of the non-LAM granades, but both are actually useful. Or am I doing a horrible mistake by carrying 2 heavy weapons around?

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
So to you Deus Ex players of this forum (are there actually any?):

This is my current inventory (right after paying a visit to the MJ12 armory when you break out of prison):

[img139]http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss159/Frozen_Hopes/DeusExinventory.jpg[/img139]
So I am really tight on space right now but I don't know what to drop. First impulse is the crossbow and/or some of the non-LAM granades, but both are actually useful. Or am I doing a horrible mistake by carrying 2 heavy weapons around?

That's nice and stuff but this thread is more focused on Human Revolution. The original was probably great and all, but it's outdated and there's a high chance that most people haven't played it on this forum.

MewTwoEx

Metagross Master
It looks good, but I'm not really willing to buy a game that doesn't have any online play to keep me busy for a while. I'll wait for BF3 and MW3 ;D