• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Developing bonds with Pokemon.

Kay

Ka-boom
Yah yah. I find myself talking to them alot, apologizing when they loose, cheering when they win, stuff like that. It's fun to imagine them real rather than just sitting there pressing buttons.

I also tend to blame my pokemon on the losses, such as when they fail to hit the opponent in a crucial part of the game. However to those that think having bonds with your pokemon is weird just think of this: Did you ever have a fav. stuffed animal when you were a very young age? Did you sleep with it every night and talk to it as if it were real? Well if you did then thats just the way we fell about our pokemon. They are more than just pixels to us just like your stuffed animal was more than just a piece of cloth to you.

I have an extremely close bond with my Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile.
I always have him in my party in Emerald, and I'm planning to trade him to my (future) Diamond version soon.

squeakyreaper

Cheese Reaper
Mawile is my queen and Jumpluff is her king. I can really connect to them, and I have detailed stories about I acquired each in roleplay. I go all out to catch my favorites, just to see how great they can truly be.

DaMike52

Banned
Only four. My Blaziken, Breloom, Scizor, and Banette.

BlissKyogre

Imma flyin potato!
...... KYGE!!! WHY DID I ERASE YOU!?!?!?!?
Well anyways, I just get sooo angry when my fav pokemon ( Sceptile, Armaldo, Sneasel, umbreon, Tentacruel, Gengar, Kyogre, Starmie, Registeel, and can't forget my cute little Baltoy
;343;= 'HOW DARE YOU CALL ME CUTE?!' Aww, youre angry :) )
get fainted, I defeat the opposer with a horrible fury.

goldfly2005

Ya, and I am sure lots of people do.
For example I really care for my shiny Butterfree Goldfly.Never go anywhere without it.

Naruto*

Tensa Zangetsu!
kinda happens to me. i ALWAYS keep my starter and wouldn't leave him/her in a daycare for 1 sec. I usually keep the first pokemon i catch for a long time too.

Strawberry.

Strawberry fields.
Speaking to them is just way too freaky, and I've never done that. I do however feel, not proud, but glad that I've "raised" such good Pokémon. If I'm going to spend hours and hours on leveling them up, I think I'm entitled to feel something because of my accomplishment.

Also, I tend to dump the starter Pokémon in the nearest Pokémon Center I visit. >O

Last edited:

Charizard The Great

The Great One
Aye, not in an obsessive way but whether it's been with Charizard, Pikachu, Mew, Cyndaquil, Typhlosion, Lugia, Latios, Groudon or Deoxys I've always built a good relationship with my favourite Pokemon. Of the next Generation (I don't have the game yet) I like the look of Lucario and Diagura/Dialga at this moment in time.

Ash's Pika Pal

some have to let go
I have certain Pokemon I can bond with, but there are two that stick out more then any of the others; my female Totodile and my Latias (probably had both for around 3 years.) The longer I have the characters and the more time I have them in party/battle the more I'll like them. That explains why I like Totodile more then her mother.

Anaya

Synthesis
Yes I do have a bond with my Pokemon. All of them. I love them all! (That's why I'm letting sit in my games all lonesome and whatnot). But I still love them. :D

wolfeye_griffonclaw

K-9 Unit Trainer
I do

I always make a bond with my Pokemon. I praise them when they do, say good try when they fail. My main one I make a bond with is my Arcanine's I love them there awesome. I pay attention to natures work on EVs.

Last edited:
I talk to my Pokemon whenever I'm playing. 99% of the time, it's praise :)

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
my 3yo blaziken
and my hitmonlee when it used revenge. that was so cool