• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Devil Survivor 2

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Anyone seen it yet? Differs from the game in certain ways. I am really ok with that tbh. The anime made me like Io a lot more XD

AceFlonne

Mediator
I didn't play the game but I'm enjoying the adaptation.

ForeverFlame

A lot better than expected. They really upped the apocalyptic factor. The game felt like a dating sim with occasional death and destruction on the side.

It's going to be extremely rushed though. 8 days in 13 episodes. They're probably going to skip all of the social link scenes and subplots.

Izanagi

'Sup!
For what we have so far, it certainly shows promise. Of course they are few minor differences between the game and the anime but that when happen when you do an adaptation. Overall, I liked the first episode and am interested in seeing where this goes.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
A lot better than expected. They really upped the apocalyptic factor. The game felt like a dating sim with occasional death and destruction on the side.

It's going to be extremely rushed though. 8 days in 13 episodes. They're probably going to skip all of the social link scenes and subplots.

Oh only 13 eps Was not sure how long it would be

Xionea

Half a centaur
It was definitely a lot better than I was expecting, so that's a big plus in my book. I also REEEEEEALLY want Fumi to make her appearance ASAP!

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Just like with the Persona 4 adaptation I DIDN'T play the game beforehand so I'm going into this one blind. First episode was good for set up, it shows promise. Only 13 episodes? Alright.

I'm digging the voice cast so far. Anyone else reminded of Gantz this episode?

ForeverFlame

I think it's weird how the MC already had Macca when he downloaded his devil summoning app. It would be an interesting plot twist if this show was actually a
New Game+ after the reset ending

Speaking of endings:
I think they'll probably go with the Triumphant ending with everyone but Psyduck surviving. It's too bad Keita has to survive for there to be the best ending. I kind of liked Joe's death too. And Ronaldo/Yamato's deaths in Psyduck's route were amazing and I would love to see them in animated form, but I'm pretty sure the animators would want to show the battle against Psyduck pre-Polaris so we aren't getting the Psyduck ending.

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

Next episode is probably going to be really rushed. They have to introduce Fumi, Hinako, and Keita, and there's the Nicaea situation in the middle of the episode, and Merak at the end.

And I don't know what they're going to do with Nagoya in episode 4. They're keeping Io's Solid Snake scene, and Fumi will have to be in that episode as well, so there's no time for Ronaldo/Phecda. They're going to have to reduce some days to single episodes if they want to fit all 8 days in 13 episodes. :/

I really don't know why they made Episode 2 a filler episode. They could have fit half of Episode 3 into this episode, but they included a useless battle instead.

Last edited:

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Are you positive it's 13 episodes?

Picked up the game last night. Going to see if I can keep ahead of the anime.

I really wish this game was released in Australia so I could pick it up.

Fingers crossed the 3DS re-release can get an Australian release, if not it looks like I'm stuck with the anime.

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Although I didn't play the game, but I enjoy all characters and stories in the anime. My fav one is Yamato Hotsuin.

[spoil] the next we will meet Hinako Kujou and Ronald [/spoil]

ForeverFlame

They actually did it. Looks like one of the endings is now out of the running.

Now at this point almost anyone can die. And the fun part for game-players is that we don't know which characters the Animation will choose to kill off because pretty much half the cast has the potential to die.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Wow. I'm surprised they did that. (And yay! Fumi made her appearance!) And wasn't Joe introduced earlier in-game?

Looks like next time they fight the most annoying boss in my opinion.

In a small way, I'm glad they killed off Keita. I did the exact same thing in my game, too. Accidentally, of course.

I'm guessing they'll kill off more than just one person, therefore I bet they'll kill Joe and Airi. (I don't want them to kill off Airi, but it seems possible.) AND IF THEY KILL FUMI, I WILL STEAM!