• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Devil Survivor: TML (Discussion Thread)

Firebrand

Indomitable
Edit: Do we end our post with our attempt to attack the demon, or do we go through the whole fight?

I should hope it's the whole fight, now that I've gone and wrote it, plus a little post-battle banter besides...

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Yeah, its okay to go ahead and do the whole fight. That way things can get rolling smoothly.

Remember the Harmonizer affects everyone within a few feet of the COMP. Even those who don't have COMPs.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I've now posted. I didn't know you would make an "opening scene" for Our characters.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Well, I'll establish Lucia's COMP here and now as being essentially a small tablet. Let's say a 7" screen, so 7.5" x 5" total size - just a touch large to comfortably fit in your pocket.

Also, the script I wrote out for that last post ended up especially eclectic. It can also act as a TL;DR for those of you who don't want to have to read every single post in the thread. For the curious:
Lucia surprised by light, throw comp in bag (frees hands)

Look around embarrassed, notice cute squirrel

Squirrel isn't cute.

Choke Feng, throw at gangsta

Gangsta claw'd, squirrely Feng

I spy with my rodent eye LULU. She gets outta thar

Stuck at crossing, forced encounter. Roll for initiative.

GALACTIC PUNT (TM) - taxi assist

Feng approaches, submissive. Contract?

Petty petty pet da squirrel. Feng goes into pokeball i mean COMP

SHE'S A WITCH. CHASE SEQUENCE.

EDIT: I think I know this answer already, but given Zincspider's sign-up, I feel obligated to ask: Multiple characters can have the same species of demon, yes? (e.g. Suzy and Lucia will each have a Slime, which will have similar appearances but might vary slightly in ability or behavior)

Last edited:

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Yes, multiple characters can have the same species of demon on their team. Even doubles if you want.

There are a few exceptions, but I'll let you know who those are when the time comes. I'll also be updating the first post here in the days to come to give each character an easily readable roster to help keep track of who has what demons and well as COMP skills and other needed info.

Will try to have a post up by tonight. I've been busy getting things settled in and prepping for my new job, so I apologize for the delay.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Ok, the 2nd message that was sent to each of your COMPs will be posted here. Its a Demon Roster for each player that has completed the Contract battle as well as a list of your Skill Crack skills.

Name: Cole Culain

Skill Crack Skills: Water Magic (Aqua), Electrical Resistance (Resist Elec)

- Demon Roster -

Demon 1: Raiju (Wilder)

Skills: Electric Magic (Zio), Enhanced Agility (Tailwind), resistance to physical attacks (Resist Phys).

Weakness: Earth

Name: Jacky di Senna

Skill Crack Skills: Force Magic (Zan), Healing Magic (Dia).

- Demon Roster -

Demon 1: Ronin (Touki)

Skills: Enhance attack at cost of life (Aggravate), shields Tamer from lethal damage (Knight Soul)

Weaknesses: None

Name: Isaac Kreutzev

Skill Crack Skills: Fire resistance (Resit Fire), Wind Magic (Garu)

- Demon Roster -

Demon 1: Incubus (Night)

Skills: Fire Magic (Agi), fire immunity (Null Fire), can inflict nightmare-like visions (Pulinpa)

Weaknesses: Water, Ice, Light

Name:Salem Jeremic

Skill Crack Skills: Electric Magic (Zio), heavy physical attack (Brutal Hit)

- Demon Roster -

Demon 1: Heqet (Avatar)

Skills: Water Magic (Aqua), Healing Magic (Dia), can create a shield of water (Water Wall)

Weaknesses: Electricity, Curse

Name: Adam Hayes

Skill Crack Skills: Ice Magic (Bufu), rage-filled physical attack (Anger Hit)

- Demon Roster -

Demon 1: Hua Po (Jaki)

Skills: Fire Magic (Agi), Area Fire Magic (Maragi), absorbs fire attacks to heal health (Drain Fire)

Weaknesses: Ice, Water, Curse

Name: Lucia Lindström

Skill Crack Skills: Healing Magic (Dia), Earth Magic (Magna)

- Demon Roster -

Demon 1: Ratatosk (Beast)

Skills: Wind Magic (Garu), Area Wind Magic (Magaru), enhanced agility (Tailwind)

Weaknesses: Earth, Fire

Name: Julia Wilczyński

Skill Crack Skills: Physical attack that deals double damage to an enemy with a status ailment (Weak Kill), magic that guarantees one critical hit for teammates (Might Call).

- Demon Roster -

Demon 1: Hati (Wilder)

Skills: Darkness Magic (Mudo), basic attacks may inflict Paralyze status (+Paralyze), may double up same attack (Twin Shadow), Resists dark attacks (Resist Dark)

Weaknesses: Light, Fire

Name: Drew Aurum

Skill Crack Skills: Physical attack that deals double damage to an enemy with a status ailment (Weak Kill), Light Magic (Hama)

- Demon Roster -

Demon 1: Nemhain (Avian)

Skills: Can carry Tamer (Flight), can inflict Charm status (Sexy Gaze), can inflict Paralyze status (Paral Eyes), resists curse attacks and status ailments (Resist Curse)

Weaknesses: Force

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
Sequel, do you want us to make a post saying what we're doing at 10 pm and getting the emails?

That said, looks like Fuzzball and I are going to be nuking for a little while until she outlives her usefulness.

Last edited:

Niihyl

Posthuman
Nifty, Jacky's got the potential to tank and spank. With Lilim to provide crowd-control and more spellpower, the party's looking real balanced. So can we not see our own Death Clocks? I believe we might have talked about it, but I can't seem to recall...

I'll have a post up by Sunday.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I am not entirely sure what's going on yet, but sh*t's about to get real! lol
Will probably try again a few times to understan the concept of the Death Clock, which I have completely forgotten about over the last few weeks

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Well, I tried to balance out the skill sets as much as I could, while also trying to go by the character's personality a bit.

And yeah, the next posts will just be an end-of-the-day post, and then I'll move us on to Day 1 of the Lockdown.

You can see your own Death Clock, you just have to look up.

Anything you'd like me to explain Kanima?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Tjah... Well, I'll move it to PM in case it turns into a huge conversation. lol
Also, Wind? Didn't see that one coming.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Fanning the flames and all that.

Also, another important note:

As of now, absolutely no person inside the lockdown has more than 7 days on their Death Clock.

rotrum

Ice Cold
When do we get our first laplace mail?

And how does the Skill Crack work? Do we have to activate it in the COMP or just think about it or say something? Just wondering how I should go about testing it initially.

Last edited:

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
The Laplace Mails are delivered at sunrise each morning during the lockdown. So you'll get your first one the morning of Day 1.

The Skill Crack skills are pre-set in the COMP. As long as your Demon Summoning App is running (weather or not you have an active demon) then you can activate the skills either by saying the words I put in parenthesis or simply by holding out your hand and willing it. This applies only to offensive skills. Anything passive like a resistance (like Resist Fire) or a on-hit effect (like Hati's +Paralyze and Twin Shadow) don't need to be activated to have an effect.

The physical attacks like Anger Hit or Weak Kill do require you to actually hit the target in some way though.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
....@#*(&! Lucia's on the short list. Time to start seeking out weapons and allies.
On the other hand, that's a fair skill set for Lucia. I'll take it.

A few questions of varying obviousness and relevance:
- What season does this take place in (i.e. how worried do we have to be about shelter) ?
- Along the lines of shelter, about how many stores would still be open for us to procure food/clothing/hotel rooms/etc?
- What's the distribution on the general populace's death clocks? Should the vast majority have seven?

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
- Along the lines of shelter, about how many stores would still be open for us to procure food/clothing/hotel rooms/etc?

Who cares if the store is open or not? Lucia has Earth magic now, what's stopping her from moving some rocks to shatter a window and breaking in?

This is exactly what my character would think, and that's probably what he's gonna do in my next post. :p (Except with Ice magic.)

Last edited:

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Tackling the questions one by one:

Its Spring time. The weather should be fair, but rain might be a potential hazard.

Everything was more or less open until the blackout hit. After dark, any high-end stores would lock up tight to protect against looters, but any places like grocery stores, gas stations, or convenience stores would still be open and taking cash. There's some chaos, but aside from the few thieves hitting electronics or jewelery stores and people seeking shelter for the night, things are still fairly normal on the streets. The common thoughts around town are that the lockdown won't last much longer. Hotels are still open to people who already have a room rented, but due to no credit card system they aren't renting rooms to new arrivals.

The majority of people have 6 or 7 on their Death Clocks, though other numbers are present.

@Pir8Heart: I'm confused, are you saying your character won't be a Demon Tamer yet/at all?

@Monster Guy: Good luck with that. :3

Last edited: