• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Devise a strategy or impovised attack for one of Ash's squad to use.

Hilikus

Aqua Boogie
I joined the forum a while ago, but haven't really done much since then so I am effectively new to it, so if I make a mistake lead me in the right direction.

Anyways on to the main event, devise a strategy or an improvised attack from the abilities and move pool's (and those that are revealed to happen in the future) of Ash's current squad.

I shall start!
Buizel soaks the battlefield and uses ice punch too freeze it, thus making it harder to maneuver around the field for both Ash and opponent, Ash switches to Grotle who uses rock climb to navigate the field with ease while the opponent stumbles.

FlashCannon

I Love Miltank!!
Buizel uses aqua jet and while he's dashing in water he's using ice punch for a double whammy!

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Buizel soaks the battlefield and uses ice punch too freeze it, thus making it harder to maneuver around the field for both Ash and opponent, Ash switches to Grotle who uses rock climb to navigate the field with ease while the opponent stumbles.

Actually, he could learn something from Candice's battle and work with moving around the ice like Sneasel/Chimchar did. Just an improvision of that technique.

Volt Tail could use a comeback, or any of the Swallow Techniques. Also, Gliscor could attempt a Fire Impact move, utilizing Giga Impact with Fire Fang for a bonus burn. Not too many I can think of.

You KNOW though that Ice Punch and Aqua Jet will combo into Ice Aqua Jet. I guess Gliscor could work an Ice Impact or Monferno use Flame Wheel like Cyndaquil if Buizel uses Ice Punch on it. Pikachu with Volt Tackle too.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
This seems poll-esque to me, although I also see potential for actual discussion. If all of you want this to stay here, I'd advise starting to put some meat into your posts like Aquadon did.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I wonder if there will be double battles in the early rounds of this league- we haven't seen Ash's pokemon in as many double battles lately. Would it be correct to say that when he commanded both Chimchar and Turtwig in the tag tournament after Paul stopped paying attention, that was the last time he commanded two pokemon at once?

Torpoleon

Pikachu uses thunder armor again and kills everything with volt tackle. Yep, that's my strategy.
THunder Armor seemed like a one-time thing. Don't you think Ash would have used it in Sinnoh if he could? Besides, now Pikachu has the Thunderbolt Counter Shield.

Here are my ideas:

Pikachu: Counter Shield. Maybe Volt Tackle against Electric Types, so it can have a powered up Volt Tackle?
Monferno: Counter Shield. Brick Break for Reflect and Light Screen.
Buizel. Counter Shield. Now it can use Ice Aqua Jet and Spinning Ice Aqua Jet on its own.
Grotle: Pretty much what it has been doing. Oh and it should definitely learn Reflect for Paul's Ursaring and for itself!
Staraptor: For Ghost types, it can use Quick Attack to get up close and then follow up with Brave Bird/Aerial Ace.
Gliscor: Nothing really.
Gible: No ideas for it so far.

Sounds like some reasonable ideas, right guys?

Hilikus

Aqua Boogie
For Grotle perhaps launching an energy ball and using razor leaf to prematurely detonate it temporarily blinding the opponent while Grotle comes charging in full speed with Rock Climb.

A similar thing could be done with Buizel, it uses water pulse then explodes it with sonic boom then goes straight in for an aqua jet or ice punch.
Or the ultimate triple combination, basically Buizel does the water pulse/aqua jet combo from his third gym battle then add ice punch which freezes the water pulse ball.I feel that could potentially cause crippling damage.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I has ideas. Not just for Ash's current team, either, but for some of his reserves!

Pikachu: It'd have to learn Grass Knot to do this, but it could do a little something called Electric Grass. It readies a Thunderbolt while using Grass Knot, and the grass electrocutes the enemy as well as tripping them.

Grotle: I call this one Energy Bomb. It shoots an Energy Ball at the opponent, then follows up with a smaller, faster one that catches up with the first and causes a tremendous explosion upon impact.

Monferno: Inferno Wheel, I call this one. Monferno shoots a Fire Spin straight up, and it comes back down and surrounds Monferno. Monferno then uses Flame Wheel, absorbing the Fire Spin into the attack, making it outrageously huge.

Buizel: This one's name is a work in progress: Glacier Crash. Buizel fires off a Water Pulse, then follows up with a Water Gun, which fills the Water Pulse with more water, engorging it. Then Buizel follows up with Ice Punch, freezing the huge Water Pulse solid. It then crashes down on the opponent, or Buizel could use SonicBoom to make it explode.

Gliscor: Giga Scissor. It starts up a Giga Impact, then executes an X-Scissor attack, which fires the Giga Impact out towards the opponent and away from Gliscor, leaving Gliscor time to recharge while the opponent tries to evade the attack. Using Sand-Attack beforehand can help to prevent the opponent figuring this out.

Sceptile: Poison Armor. This would require either Sceptile to learn Toxic, a double battle to feature Sceptile and Ash's Muk, or a Toxic, Smog, or Poison Gas attack to be fired at Sceptile. Sceptile uses Solarbeam to absorb the poison instead of sunlight, and becomes immune to poisoning and Poison moves. In addition, Sceptile's Leaf Blade and Bullet Seed attacks all contain poison. It can finish off by blasting the SolarBeam, which contains mostly poison.

Kingler: Bubble Bomb. Kingler uses Bubble and Hyper Beam simultaneously, resulting in bubbles containing explosive energy, all flying towards the opponent. Each bubble explodes violently upon contact.

Kingler: Crab Toss. An evasive technique, requiring Kingler using Crabhammer to swing its large claw. The force sends the claw flying, with Kingler going flying after it at a speed likely to be faster than Kingler could normally walk. Intended to allow Kingler to evade an oncoming attack.

EDIT: Sorry, Hilikus, I didn't see your post. I didn't base any of my stuff off of your stuff, just so you know.

dman_dustin

For Pikachu I could easily see an iron tail + quick attack combo. Pikachu charges up iron tail and uses quick attack to speed itself up and then smashes into the opponent hard. This would be a good finisher especially if it's to the head.

For Staraptor- Well this would rely on Staraptor's speed. I created a move called barrel roll, where the flying Pokemon hits it's opponent, flies past it, barrel rolls back slams into the back of said Pokemon, flies past it again and finishes it up with a final strike. It was similar to roll out only a flying type and it was a 2-3 move rather than a 2-5. Staraptor could do something similar, using quick attack. Or how about a spinning brave bird, that should give it some power.

For Grotle- Aside from the energy ball power up I can't think of anything. I suppose Grotle could use energy ball as distraction so it could use rock climb. Against Honchkrow mixed with light screen. I don't know, I'd probably use rock climb, and try and jump on Honchkrow then either launching an energy ball or a razor leaf.

For Monferno- Flame Wheel Feint. Monferno starts off with Flame wheel, opponent uses ranged water attack. Monferno jumps over said ranged attack (coming out of flame wheel) and hits the opponent with mach punch or maybe flamethrower.

For Buizel- Icy Spiraling aqua jet. This is different then ice aqua jet and assuming Buizel uses ice aqua jet in a different way. Buizel spins while using aqua jet and uses minimum power ice punch to give the spiraling aqua jet, treads of ice around it, so it looks striped, one part water, one part ice, etc. Then it slams hard into the foe with ice, and then splashes the opponent with water (this is effective against fire Pokemon). Or how about Ice Pulse. Buizel launches water pulse (ball form) and hits it with ice punch expelling it faster, and before it hits the opponent the ball turns into ice (as it's hurdling towards the opponent it's turning to ice) and slams hard into the opponent. Kind of like ice ball or ice shard.

For Gliscor- Honestly I can't think of anything that would work, except Aquadon's idea of a fire fang giga impact, where the tip of the giga impact is fiery. Although if Ash were relentless, I could see him using a sand attack combo. Use sand attack to lower your opponents accuracy , and as you're opponent is either confused or gets ready to "blow" the sand away come in and launch an attack. Actually in regards to Paul's Torterra, that's what he should do. Use Sand attack, fly behind and then use fire fang or X-scissor constantly until Paul tells it to do something, and then fly away (sort of like what Gliscor did with Bastiodon).

Gible- Until I know it's moves, I can't devise a strategy or create an improvised attack.

Hilikus

Aqua Boogie
That's fine Missingno. Master, great minds think alike.I'm thinking that the life of this thread may be extended if I officially added reserves and the concept of learning new attacks for combos.

Is it possible to possibly extend this to other characters also?

Bulbasaur:Solar Seed, Bulbasaur launches a leech seed and fires a solar beam straight after it, the seed absorbs the energy and when it latches onto the opponent it detonates.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Buizel- Glacier Pulse: Water Pulse + Ice Punch.
I honestly doubt Buizel, Monferno, and Pikachu will get more Improvised moves, all 3 share Countershield.

I can't think of any for Staraptor or Gliscor and I only see the Grotle eating Energy Ball trick, so nothing new for Grotle.

Brazillianguy

Nice.

Well, I'll center on the Sinnoh Pokémon, 'cause it's the most reasonable thing to do now, since they are being developed.

Grotle: Aside from the Energy Ball boost, I think that Grotle should try to manipulate the rocks created by Rock Climb, with, say, razor leaf? How about an energy boost followed with a high-speed Crunch? A Leaf Storm- rock storm? Am I dreaming too high? (Grotle can explorate so many possibilities though, and that's what I'm trying to say).

Buizel: I can only think about the ice-aqua jet. An ice-punched Water Pulse would fit him well too.

Staraptor: I follow dman dustin here when I say Staraptor can explore his speed. Perhaps a spinning brave bird as well. But I'd see Satoshi developing Close Combat.

Pikachu: Thunderbolt, Thunder, (spinning) Volt Tackle, shields... I honestly can't see Pikachu developing strategies, but I can see him uber-powering himself.

Gliscor: Sand-attack/Sandstorm followed with a surprising Giga Impact/Fire Fang/X-Scissor.

Monferno: he definitely needs a Brick Break, but I can think about a Flare Blitz for the future. I personally think that Monferno will prefer power than strategy. He could keep the same attacks I pondered if he evolves.

Satoshi's got possibilities, may we trust he'll explore them?

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
That's fine Missingno. Master, great minds think alike.I'm thinking that the life of this thread may be extended if I officially added reserves and the concept of learning new attacks for combos.

Is it possible to possibly extend this to other characters also?

Bulbasaur:Solar Seed, Bulbasaur launches a leech seed and fires a solar beam straight after it, the seed absorbs the energy and when it latches onto the opponent it detonates.

Yeah, you know what? This could even apply to contest appeals for Jessie and Dawn! Like so...

Yanmega: Ancient Burst. It fires off an AncientPower, then tears after it, spinning while using Steel Wing. When it hits the ancientpower, it bursts, and creates a lot of shiny dust, which falls around Yanmega, making her look good and stuff. Could also work in the battle round.

Seviper: Haze Carver. Seviper unleashes a particularly thick Haze attack, then uses Poison Tail to carve an elaborate sculpture out of it. Obviously would only work in the appeal round.

Wobbuffet: Mirror Charm. Wobbuffet would have to learn Charm and Splash to pull this off. It would use Charm to create a bunch of pink hearts, then Splash to jump from heart to heart, making each heart burst into a bunch of smaller hearts on impact. At the top, it would go into a dive, while spinning and using Mirror Coat. This would bounce the Charm hearts all over and make Wobbuffet look good and stuff. It looked better in my mind than how I'm describing it. Also, this might work in the battle round as an unconventional means of attacking, or even evading a move.

Meowth: Scratch Cat Chainsaw. Simple; Meowth spins around while using Fury Swipes. Could be upgraded to Night Slash once it perfects the move. It then moves while spinning, a'la Hitmontop, and tries to attack the target.

thunderblade12

Pikachu:
While doing a volt tackle it can stop itself mid-run and use the electric energy from volt tackle as a powered up thunderbolt. This would surprise any opponet who is expecting to defend against a physical attack. Delaying the attack in such a way can also help break through attacks like protect since there is probably a limit on how long the protect barrier will remain up.

Grotle:
If it learns earth power I can see it making cliffs with its rock climb and then making those cliffs explode under the opponet's feet

Monferno:
Monferno could use flame wheel and quit the attack just as it's about to hit a the defending opponet and quickly switch to mach punch to uppercut the opponet in it'd undefended area.

Buizel:
Well aside from using ice punch at the same time as aqua jet for self-created ice aqua jets it can also use ice punch as a defensive move. You know how water pulse creates a wave if it's smashed on the ground below the user? Well Buizel can ice punch the wave an create an icy shield to block any incoming attacks

Staraptor:
Much like Pikachu and Monferno it can stop mid-attack and switch to something else to catch it's opponet off guard. In this case quickly switch between aerial ace, quick attack, or brave bird to close combat. Staraptor can also grasp things with it's feet during a close combat such as an opponet's arms and continue pummeling the particially immobilized victim with it's beak and wings.

Gliscor:
If it battles a flying type it can grab onto their back and use fire fang/giga impact to send both itself and the opponet spiraling to the ground in an inferno of fire or in giga impacts spirial. It would be similar to Charizard's seismic toss. If it's battling an ice type I can see it using fire fang as a defense. It can blaze up it's fire fang and cut through any incoming ice attacks and when it's close enough strike with X-scissor or something.

Gible:
If Ash get's Kazunari's then a strength+rock smash combo is inevitable. Gible would lift up a huge rock, toss it at the opponet, and smash it into many rock shards that'll pummel the opponet.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Buizel:
Well aside from using ice punch at the same time as aqua jet for self-created ice aqua jets it can also use ice punch as a defensive move. You know how water pulse creates a wave if it's smashed on the ground below the user? Well Buizel can ice punch the wave an create an icy shield to block any incoming attacks

I'd call it.............."Ice Defense!" So Buizel having Ice-Jet, Glacier Pulse, and Ice Defense, followed by Countershield.....wow, too much but if one of our ideas came true, that'd be cool!

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
Nice thread idea. I have a few ideas, each with their own "clever" name.

Pikachu: I call this strategy "Quick Bolt." Pikachu uses Quick Attack, all the while launching Thunderbolts at the opponet. With the speed, range, and power backing up Pikachu's Thunderbolts, the foe could easily be cornered into one position. While it's trapped, Pikachu can run up and finish with a Volt Tackle or Iron Tail.

Staraptor: This one's called "Triple Strike." Staraptor proceeds to use Quick Attack, and immediately after it hits, Staraptor somersaults back into attacking position and uses Aerial Ace. After that hits, it performs the somersault one more time, but this time striking with Brave Bird. This technique could allow Staraptor to throw off its opponet, and strike with greater power and speed than ever before.

Grotle: This one's "Super Climb." For this one, Grotle would have to learn Super Power. First, Grotle uses a ranged attack like Energy Ball or Razor Leaf. Next, it proceeds to use Rock Climb, speeding up to its opponet while it's stunned. Using Rock Climb, it can quickly charge Super Power and strike the for with incredible speed and strength.

Monferno: This one's "Mach Dig." Monferno charges its arms with Mach Punch energy, and then proceeds to use Dig. This lets Monferno cover much more ground quickly, without fear of assault from the opponet. Once it's close, Monferno can pop out and use Flamethrower or Flame Wheel up close.

Buizel: This one's called "Ice Pulse." Buizel charges a Water Pulse, while using Ice Punch. This would allow the ball of water to become frozen, giving Buizel a totally different ranged attack. This gives Buizel a makeshift "Ice Shard" type move.

Gliscor: Lastly, we have "Sand Scissor." Glisor dive bombs the opponet, pretending like it's going to use Fire Fang or Giga Impact. It then quickly stops and tilts its body upward, creating a blinding Sand Attack to blind the opponet. While the foe is blinded, Gliscor follows up with a quick and strong X-Scissor.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Pikachu's thunder. maybe it's not an attack that Pika can use it a lot, but once in 3-4 battles it's possible.

Hilikus

Aqua Boogie
Monferno:I call this one Flame Prison.Monferno digs under the opponent and uses mach punch underground to create small holes in the ground around the opponent which punch up dust.It then releases a wide flamethrower which comes out of these holes likes spires trapping the opponent.

Cavern collapse.Monferno uses dig too from a hollow cavern under an opponent which collapses under heavier Pokemon e.g Torterra.

Buizel:Frost explosion.Buizel uses water pulse and chases after it with aqua jet then releases the aqua jet and charges up an ice punch.It then proceeds to compress the ice energy and releases it into the water pulse.When the water pulse collides it causes a shock wave which causes the unstable ice energy to explode completely freezing the opponent.