• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dewpider Gets Lana!? (1014)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1014.jpg

Dewpider gets Lana!!

It's a time when the Pokémon, Dewpider, migrate to find a new place to live. However, for one, it's completely unable to find a new home. However, it soon crosses paths with Lana and falls in love with her, deciding to follow her to the Pokémon School. Will it be able to find a new home?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Not caught.

This day I lost all the hope for SM

I don't even like Lana and I found that dumb.
Are the SM girls doomed to having one Pokemon a piece or something? Cause it's starting to feel that way honestly

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Not caught.

This day I lost all the hope for SM
I lost all hope the day Ash caught poipole.

There's literally nothing barring Lana of have a dewpider. I'm convinced the anime staff is just stalling by now.

Slapstick-Olivia

Didn't watched the episode yet, but it was sadly obviously, that Lana will not get Dewpider. It is a spider. Not an animal that a girl would own. When it comes to the gender roles in the anime, the anime kinda portraits girls and boys a bit in a stereotypical way. Not all of them, but so far Iris and May are the only main girls of the anime that are a bit further away from the "stereotypical" girls.

The Sun & Moon female cast kinda falls into the stereotypical image. All of them are girls = girls like cute and beautiful things = they must have cute or beautiful Pokémon = Dewpider is a spider, spiders are not cute and beautiful = Lana, a cute girl, will not get a spider as her Pokémon.

It is kinda the way how the S&M cast is portrait. The boys sadly have the same problem, they are all just stereotypical boys. Ash is an idiot, Kiawe is a macho and Sophocles is a nerd.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That ending better have been setting up some sort of follow up episode. This didn't feel like the story was complete.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The moments Lana had with the Dewpider was pretty cute though, and I was kinda disappointed that it took almost half of the episode for anyone of the main cast to appear. At least Dewpider stayed at the Pokémon School so that it could be saved for later.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Dewpider is adorable and I'm really glad we saw it in action for the first half of the episode. I kind of wish Lana had caught it so we could see more of it.

That said, it only really took an interest when Lana had the bubble on her head so I don't think we'll see it again.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I didn't get the point: after all those bonding moments Lana has with Dewpider, after all the adorable moments Lana had with Dewpider (including Dewpider crushing on Lana), Dewpider isn't caught by Lana??? It just made zero sense. The whole episode seemed to be a perfect setup for Lana to catch Dewpider.

I liked the unique approach the episode took, like following Dewpider all the time instead of following Ash and co, with Dewpider getting thrown away here and there. Also Dewpider being unable to breathe outside water without creating a bubble-helmet seemed a cute thing, which made it seemed more adorable. Lana/Dewpider bonding moments were really cute, but the end result of the episode, a.k.a., Lana not catching Dewpider definitely makes the episode a disappointment.

Because no matter how good majority of the episode was, it doesn't make much sense if it doesn't serve the purpose it seemed like it would. The whole episode was an excellent set-up for Lana to get Dewpider, and there's literally no excuse after all that set-up for Lana to not get Dewpider.

5/10, and that too because I liked how adorable this Dewpider was and enjoyed the Lana/Dewpider bonding moments.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
That ending better have been setting up some sort of follow up episode. This didn't feel like the story was complete.

They did the same with Ash and Wimpod and to this day it hasn't returned.

Even if by some miracle Dewpider does return and Lana catches it, she wouldn't have many focus episodes left before SM ends by then.

It's just bad writing, the girls aren't making any valuable progress since months.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Ok, so first of all, are you kidding me that it was 8 mins of Dewpider running into trouble, and it's various unfunny antics, before we even see the cast? After that, it was about Dewpider getting close to Lana and going to the school. The battle was underwhelming as well, and so was the ending.

So as people have already stated, it was a huge missed opportunity for Lana to actually catch a second Pokémon. This episode ultimately was super idiotic and pointless, and for that it deserves a 3/10.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I am furious that Lana didn't catch Dewpider. I fear that Lana will be the first main character to never have a single team change. I don't want that to happen.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I am furious that Lana didn't catch Dewpider. I fear that Lana will be the first main character to never have a single team change. I don't want that to happen.
Why only Lana? Don't forget Mallow as well. She's also very unlikely (as it seems like) to get a single team change as well. Who knows, maybe Lillie too.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Why only Lana? Don't forget Mallow as well. She's also very unlikely (as it seems like (to get a single team change as well. Who knows, maybe Lillie too.
I think it’s because Mallow got an evolution unlike Lana’s Popplio who hasn’t even evolved.

JD

Lana not catching Dewpider here reminds me of Iris not catching that Deino years back.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I think it’s because Mallow got an evolution unlike Lana’s Popplio who hasn’t even evolved.
On the other hand, Lana has got a Z-ring and a Z-crystal which Mallow hasn't. That actually means much more, since Bounsweet's has meant squat. What nothable things has Bounsweet honestly done after evolution?

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
On serious note Dewpider had got to be the worst Pokemon to battle with in the anime, with the possibility of its bubble breaking and interfering with the battle

JD

And May not catching Swablu if anyone still remembers that.

Looks like a bad habit in the Pokemon anine as a whole.

I'm really surprised she didn't catch it, Lana does use an Araquanid in the game though so maybe there's still a chance that she could catch one later on?