• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
This is my personal opinion but I've never understood the "they look too similar to other pokemon" argument. Pokemon are generally based off of real animals or objects, which in the real world tend to have other animals/objects that share similarities with the original so why shouldn't Pokemon? Obviously it shouldn't be something simple like just a color swap but 3 or 4 key differences to set them apart while still being similar doesn't automatically make it a bad design, at least to me.

I love the Panda pokemon and the ability to ride a Pokemon is great.

HetaOni

Chesaught
Er I didn't know that expressing a negative opinion counts as bashing. Srsly, the way some people act around here it's like it's a crime to say anything remotely bad about the new Pokemon. I didn't see any one getting upset over the gen 1 Pokemon bashing from a few pages ago. Sheesh. To be honest tho I love all the new Pokemon but I'm waiting to see the others before I plan my team.
One eventually gets tired of ungreatful fans whining over Pokemon.

Rhyvir

Eeveelutions!
only in the main city? I hope not that would be a big let down :(

I hope not, the city could be really big, and there could be minigames or hidden areas you can only get to while riding the Pokemon.

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
Holy schmoes, I really need to start coming on earlier... Didn't think CoroCoro would leak so soon, though.

So here we are with four brand-spanking-new Pokes! That's more than I could've asked for, and definitely more than I thought we'd get!

I like Gogoat the most out of the four... even though me using one on my final team would mean doubling up on Grass-types, since I'm likely going to be picking Chespin. Oops. And are we maybe getting the chance to ride around on our Pokemon via some sort of move? That'd be pretty neat! Reminds me of Pokemon Ranger, where you could ride around on Doduo to go faster.

Elikiteru is really bizarre looking for a lizard... what are those things? Ears? Hair? It's also giving me some Mawile-ish vibes (look at those colours and tell me they're not real similar), but it's clearly unrelated based on its types. Speaking of which, Normal/Electric is certainly an unusual combination. And just look at those big blue eyes! What a cutie!

Yamchan sure does look like a little troublemaker... anyone think if it evolves it might become a Fighting/Dark-type? It certainly has the look for it. More of a prankster than an outright malicious Dark-type, though. (Not that there are many of those...)

And then there's Yayakoma, who looks to be our generic regional bird. Generic save for the really bizarre ability to learn Flame Charge, that is. There's nothing about it that really stands out to me at the moment and it really just looks average... not to say that I dislike it, by any means. (...Is it possible for me to dislike any bird Pokemon, though?)

All in all, I like Gogoat and Elikiteru the most out of these four. I'll be struggling to remember the latter's name, though. XD

Also you people are killing me calling any of the Pokemon we've gotten so far ugly...

bloocookies

I like them, I really like Elikiteru, and it's new move, and Yancham (finally a panda bear!) hopefully we get more defensive Pokemon in the game.

Idba

omfg the panda pokemon is so freaking cute and finally i can make my character black :D felt kinda weird always being white ingame while black irl xD

Last edited:

adamfitz

poké-lover

I'm with you there
Let's all remeber that GF try to accommodate as much different tastes as they can to make all fans happy, meaning there will allways be pokemon some love and others hate

Elikiteru, I really love

Courpse_Mew

Does anyone know what is on that other page with the starters and Xerneas yet? Sorry to ask, but I can't read Japanese and it doesn't seem like the site has mentioned it.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Does anyone know what is on that other page with the starters and Xerneas yet? Sorry to ask, but I can't read Japanese and it doesn't seem like the site has mentioned it.

I'm really curious of this too, maybe their typings? Figures crossed

Idba

The ability to ride pokemon seems cool, hope its limited to pokemon that looks like they can ride you :p

just think of riding poor little pikachu Xd

Rhyvir

Eeveelutions!
The ability to ride pokemon seems cool, hope its limited to pokemon that looks like they can ride you :p

I believe you can only ride the new Goat Pokemon (sadly :/).

Jimmy Ray

Banned
saying something has no real reason to be a pokemon

Who said anything of the sort? I know some people don't like the designs of the robin thing or the yellow reptile but I didnt see anyone make this comment.

So if someone doesn't like a Pokemon they must be ungrateful fans? I call logic fallacy. People are allowed to dislike a Pokemon if they want. I think some people are letting their excitement of these new Pokemon cloud their better judgement. I think some people should realize that everyone has an opinion and they won't always agree with yours.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
The only reason I say this is because its called the riding pokemon, but you're right and I would love it if you can ride any pokemon :D

Maybe it not an HM maybe only on large pokemon it will have a side option to ride it....

AceTrainer8

Just think. What if they didn't reveal the types of these. We would be going insane. I do think however, it speaks wonders that they released these pokemon's types with them but not sylveo, xerneus, yvetal, or Mewtwo Awakened-Forme. This gives even more fuel to the speculation of these pokemon's types.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Yamcham and Gogoat look so cool! Plus a Fighting Panda! Great typing! I like the others designs as well. So far out of all the Pokemon we've gotten, I'm loving the designs of all of them!

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Finally, some new info! What a nice thing to wake up to on a Saturday morning!

The panda is by far my favorite revealed Pokemon so far this gen, it has such a simple, yet interesting design. Its definitely going to have a spot on my team for sure.

Im not a huge fan of the lizards' design, but its good enough I guess- Im much more interested in "why" they gave it a secondary "Normal" typing, though? My only guess is that its meant to change from Normal to something else as it evolves, which opens the door for a typing I have wanted on a non-legend for awhile. Electric/Dragon.

The goat and the robin are meh. Its neat you can ride on the goat, but Id much rather ride on an Arcanine or a Houndoom- so hopefully the riding mechanic is wide spread... and NOT limited to just one area like some have suggested. The robin to me has a pretty uninteresting design, but Im reallly hoping the "Flame Charge" comment is a hint for a non-legend Fire/Flying type when the little guy evolves.

The extra information given on the starters was pretty pointless, at least for Fennekin and Froakie. Chespin's little excerpt definitely says to me "Grass/Rock or Steel" for its final evo.

Courpse_Mew

Hahaha, when I read that you can ride this new pokémon, Gogoat, first thing that came to mind was "are they going to let us ride Lapras in the water then?". It just seems appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.