• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
The pokebeach rumour also says that the english professor's name is Patrice. All previous professors have been named after trees. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of a tree named Patrice.

...Huh. Didn't even give that one much thought.
Like I stated earlier, Pokebeach's apparent nervousness around this info is really looking bad for the legitimacy of his ''source'', so...until anything else's confirmed, I'm treating his leaks like Mr.XY's in terms of skepticism.

Skiddsy

Amping It Up
But that does raise the question- why would the leaker reveal the first name and not the last name, when the last name is what they're always known by?

I don't know, only Juniper and Oak have official english first names. Aurea and Samuel, to be specific. Prof. Ivy in the anime also has a first name - Felina - perhaps this is something specific to female professors and Oak? Patrice is certainly a female name, at the very least.

Ver-mont

"Professor Patrice" and dual-typed moves? No. Not buying it until some undeniabe proof presents itself.

Patrice is certainly a female name, at the very least.

It goes both ways. (and notably a male name in France, which is the basis for the setting, if it's a reference)

stevencloser

But that does raise the question- why would the leaker reveal the first name and not the last name, when the last name is what they're always known by?
He/She wouldn't know the first name of the professor though, as the first name is rarely, if ever, used in-game.
The only explanation I could think of for this would be if the Professor was your age. A child prodigy. You would call him by his first name because he's your age.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
I reeeeally hope that dual-type moves aren't happening.

How would that even work? How would we know if it's super-effective against something? It literally makes no sense to me.

Jac

I don't know, only Juniper and Oak have official english first names. Aurea and Samuel, to be specific. Prof. Ivy in the anime also has a first name - Felina - perhaps this is something specific to female professors and Oak? Patrice is certainly a female name, at the very least.

Patrice can also be a male name. Quite common in France I think. Maybe GameFreak have changed the rule for this region?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
...Huh. Didn't even give that one much thought.
Like I stated earlier, Pokebeach's apparent nervousness around this info is really looking bad for the legitimacy of his ''source'', so...until anything else's confirmed, I'm treating his leaks like Mr.XY's in terms of skepticism.

I don't think he's nervous about his legitimacy, I think he's just going out of his way to say that it's not 100% confirmed so that if it turns out to fake, people won't be all "LOLOL POKEBEACH IS UNRELIABLE HE MADE UP RUMORS."

Skiddsy

Amping It Up
Who knows. Prof. Burnet is technically a game Professor, though she isn't named after a tree, either (And keeps her Japanese name, strangely enough).

Rhyvir

Eeveelutions!
These rumors seem fake to me, but it's a strange coincidence, for sure.
Dual-typed moves? Take this example: Ice Burn and Freeze Shock. Both Ice moves, but they can cause Burn and Paralysis.
Patrica is not a type of tree, while Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan and Juniper are. They could break the cycle, although I don't see why they would.
I don't see a need for the new battle style (Although, I don't know the details).
I'm doubting the two new Mewtwo formes. This is a weak argument, but there's only one of those hexagons on the Japanese movie site. And, Mewtwo in the movie trailer did not activate it's new forme with an item, it seemed to do it naturally.

R_N

I'm doubting the two new Mewtwo formes. This is a weak argument, but there's only one of those hexagons on the Japanese movie site. And, Mewtwo in the movie trailer did not activate it's new forme with an item, it seemed to do it naturally.

I don't know why I bother playing the devil's advocate, but so could Kyurem

Unless it's supposed to be a pun. You know...PaTREEce

which also doesn't really fit

Haha, sounds like the ghetto way to greet someone named Patrice..

The dual-typed moves are really weird as well. How much damage would a dual-stabbed Dark/Ghost move from a Spiritomb do to any Psychic or Ghost-type?

Ver-mont

Who knows. Prof. Burnet is technically a game Professor, though she isn't named after a tree, either (And keeps her Japanese name, strangely enough).

It's not the same, since she isn't a main series Professor.

If we count the spin-offs, we have Professor Hastings to start with.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
What types did smash say the starters are?

I'm talking about that ''ancient hypothesis'' that the starters' final evos would form a reverse triangle of Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting, not their first stages.

...That leaker of Pokebeach's claims it's true...and I find that to be nonsense until there's more proof.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Where are these new rumors of Patricia & what types sylveon aren't coming from?

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
what's this about smash doing tests with sylveon?

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Where are they testing Sylveon???????????????/

where is this happing???

been asking.....no answers

Status
Not open for further replies.