• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
IKR!!! I knew I wasn't the only one hype about my boy yancham, already gotta nickname and everything, I'm calling it kung fu panda as long as not too many ppl hop on that idea

I'm calling it Yancham Express IYKWIM if you know waht I mean

Emboss

Nobody even CHECK Pokebeach. It'a probably the biggest load of BS I've ever heard. I'd sooner belive that Pikachu now evolves into Arceus.
lol!!! gotta love how they start off like, "well we know a guy and he claims to be an x y insider and i know this sounds like bs, but we gonna post it anyway just because we ain't got nothin better to do"

Vivian

Hey, pokejungle says poke smash says sylveons isnt fighting or steel, and is STRONG against ice. Could someone who knows japanese tell me if this translations is right?

Emboss

I'm calling it Yancham Express IYKWIM if you know waht I mean

O_O Oh sha! That's clever as hell!!! Now I gotta think of somethin more clever, but how you like me naming my gogoat off the power rangers, get it? Gogoat power rangers, the green ranger lol i'm corny as hell

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
I'm thinking go-goat will get a pre-Evo, The electric one feels like it will also be a two stager, like an electric rodent Pikachu style. The panda could honestly have 1 or two evolutions, I'd like the leaf to slowly turn into bamboo. Also for the panda I wonder if it will gain grass or dark as it grows, it the naughty pokemon, but it seems like a grass type, maybe grass/dark and still learns grass moves? Or...Split evolution maybe, with a leaf stone or happiness at night? The bird will likely evolve twice, question is if it will gain the fire typing as it evolves, or just learns a fire move or two?

Thoughts on my theories/hopes?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I'm thinking go-goat will get a pre-Evo, The electric one feels like it will also be a two stager, like an electric rodent Pikachu style. The panda could honestly have 1 or two evolutions, I'd like the leaf to slowly turn into bamboo. Also for the panda I wonder if it will gain grass or dark as it grows, it the naughty pokemon, but it seems like a grass type, maybe grass/dark and still learns grass moves? Or...Split evolution maybe, with a leaf stone or happiness at night? The bird will likely evolve twice, question is if it will gain the fire typing as it evolves, or just learns a fire move or two?

Thoughts on my theories/hopes?

Yancham is a Fighting type, not grass nor dark. I would like the panda to keep its current typing throughout its evolution.

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
I love Gogoat. Man, I am sucker for goat and sheep pokemon. The bird and panda is pretty cool. Elikiteru is ok. It might take time for me to get use to it.

Hey, pokejungle says poke smash says sylveons isnt fighting or steel, and is STRONG against ice. Could someone who knows japanese tell me if this translations is right?

That can't be right, as it would mean Sylveon had to be Fire or Rock type, and Flareon already exists and it's definitely not a rock type.

Anyways onto my opinions on the new pokes:
Goat - looks freakin sweet, love his design, hopefully the bouffalant of this gen, bulky and powerful. As for the mounts, i think it'll be very limited, so im not getting my hopes up.
Panda - Love its design and concept, has the potential to evolve into a grass/fighting or dark/fighting which would be sweet.
Bird - Nothing special but pretty cool, the fact it gets flame charge is certainly intriguing
Lizard - Least favourite of the bunch, thought it was a Mawile pre evo when i first saw it. Electric/Normal type is certainly interesting, hopefully it will swap its normal type for Grass/Fire/Dragon when it evolves, and hopefully its design will turn more badass and less derp.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

It's correct, so then in that case here's the rundown:
It's strong against ice
Still affected (not sure if it meant "Super effective") by poison
Not a fighting type

That leaves rock and fire type as the only existing type it could be (provided it doesn't mean "super effective" in which case it's not either) and considering that Sylveon looks nothing like a rock type and they probably wouldn't make another fire type Eeveelution (unless they really like screwing with Flareon) most are jumping the new type bandwagon.

Last edited:

Emboss

Well, here's the rundown:
It's strong against ice
Still affected (not sure if it meant "Super effective") by poison
Weak against fighting

That leaves rock type as the only existing type it could be and considering that Sylveon looks nothing like a rock type most are jumping the new type bandwagon.
Uh-oh, looks like more ppl are hopping on the fairy/light/sound type bandwagon, even pokejungle. smh, honestly i don't see why it can't be a normal or flying type lol, as bland that'd be, i just can't see them revolutionizing the whole game over one type change. but if it were true, that'd make a lot of sense with legendary x and slyveon.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
But is it CONFIRMED that she is strong against ice?

They tested it, she was.

Also a small fix: they tested to see if she was a fighting type and she wasn't, she's not (confirmed at least) weak to fighting.

The hosts are testing which types Sylveon fits… what could it be?!
The hosts tested to see if Sylveon was Fighting – she failed.
Next they tested to see if she was strong against ice – she was!
She was strong against Ice, so they tested if she was Steel by using poison type on her – She wasn’t resistant

Translation from Pokejungle. To avoid confusion.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I'm sorry but why is a Fairy/Light type such a leap? I mean they are really making a big deal about keeping Sylveon's typing from a secret, it would be, at least in my opinion, a big let down for them to hype it up so much just for it to be a type we already have. You also can't deny that Poison needs a boost and Dragon needs a better check.

Emboss

They tested it, she was.

Also a small fix: they tested to see if she was a fighting type and she wasn't, she's not (confirmed at least) weak to fighting.

Who confirmed? Who tested this all? lemme see a link or somethin where this was tested.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Who confirmed? Who tested this all? lemme see a link or somethin where this was tested.

Pokémon Smash did a segment where they tested what typing Sylveon could be which led to those statements posted by Pokejungle. Take a look at Sneasel Lover's post for the clearer version.

Status
Not open for further replies.