• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivian

Could anyone who knows japanese confirm if they really SAID it was strong against ice? It would mean a rock type...

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I think of they do ever finish up the eeveelution a to include all the types that were originally "special", then I think a new pokemon should come about that can evolve into any of the remaining physical types. I would like that but I'm not her how everybody else would feel?

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Yancham is a Fighting type, not grass nor dark. I would like the panda to keep its current typing throughout its evolution.

I stated I wonder if it will gain grass or dark due to being the naughty pokemon and having a leaf in its mouth, not actually saying its dark or grass. I know it's fighting :p

Emboss

Pokémon Smash did a segment where they tested what typing Sylveon could be which led to those statements posted by Pokejungle. Take a look at Sneasel Lover's post for the clearer version.

Yup...looks like we might have a fairy on our hands...oh lord...well I mean as long as they do it right, I'm good. and i'mma buy the game regardless

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
Just coming here to say that I LOVE Elikiteru. I hope it ends up having decent stats when it's fully evolved.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
The hosts are testing which types Sylveon fits… what could it be?!
The hosts tested to see if Sylveon was Fighting – she failed.
Next they tested to see if she was strong against ice – she was!
She was strong against Ice, so they tested if she was Steel by using poison type on her – She wasn’t resistant
Translation from Pokejungle. To avoid confusion.

Seems like a new type is confirmed :)

I hope elikiteru gets decent stats and possibly becomes a dragon

Likely the former but obviously not the latter. Good grief, people, God gave us BRAINS, so for His sake USE them!

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
Likely the former but obviously not the latter. Good grief, people, God gave us BRAINS, so for His sake USE them!

Huh... I missed the part of the reveal that said that it would definitely not become a Dragon.

I think a Dragon typing is entirely possible for Elikiteru. Not only is it already reptilian (presumably), but it wouldn't be the first time that a Pokemon's Normal typing turned into Dragon.

Granted, I don't personally expect it to become a Dragon. I'm guessing it'll lose the Normal typing for something else as it evolves, but I don't see where it says that typing, for sure, won't be Dragon.

applemania

The writing's on the wall for a new type

I could actually see Erikiteru getting an Evo that is Electric/Fairy. Could explain why Normal is it's secondary type instead of primary.

R_N

Yes.was gonna put it off till clearer scans

It seems more likely to just be an art error compounded by scanning quality

The wings thing doesn't even make sense because you can make out in another battle image that the bird has wings of about the same size when spread out

BurningWhiteKyurem

The writing's on the wall for a new type

I could actually see Erikiteru getting an Evo that is Electric/Fairy. Could explain why Normal is it's secondary type instead of primary.

Or maybe both of you are overthinking it and it remains Electric/Normal even as it evolves?

And just because it's reptilian doesn't mean that it's going to have the Dragon-typing. Otherwise, explain reptilian pokemon like Snivy's, Ekans' lines not being Dragon types.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
Or maybe both of you are overthinking it and it remains Electric/Normal even as it evolves?

And just because it's reptilian doesn't mean that it's going to have the Dragon-typing. Otherwise, explain reptilian pokemon like Snivy's, Ekans' lines.

No one said it's for sure going to become a Dragon. Personally, I think it's unlikely. Wintendo, however, said that it was for sure not going to become a Dragon. I was just asking what made him think that, pointing out possibilities that COULD make it a Dragon.

BurningWhiteKyurem

That portion of the comment was directed at him. As for you, I replied because I really doubt that they would slap Fairy onto a Pokemon whose design doesn't in the slightest bit look "fairy"-ish.

R_N

Okay so wait a minute people look at the slightly different coloring/size of the bird and say "evolution!" but ignore the differences in size, proportion and coloring of gogoat between the official art and the scene?

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
That portion of the comment was directed at him. As for you, I replied because I really doubt that they would slap Fairy onto a Pokemon whose design doesn't in the slightest bit look "fairy"-ish.

I said nothing about fairies O-o. I think the fairy type speculation is preposterous!

The part you directed at me was probably in reference to my saying that I expect it to lose its Normal type in some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.