• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Hey guys! Gals too!

I've always been a a Serebii fan and a lurker on these forums, but I saw something with the recent news reveal that made me want to register and post about. I haven't seen anything said about it yet, so here goes.

On the picture with the two playable characters, look in the upper right hand corner, right by the male trainer's head. Maybe I'm crazy, but that definitely looks like a pumpkin. It's in the battlefield that we've already seen, so chances are high that it's another Pokemon. It's mostly covered by a sphere of light, but I definitely see a pumpkin with a carved face. Maybe we're finally getting the grass/fire Jack-o'-lantern that many people have been hoping for?

WELCOME!

That appears to be the Robin using an attack there, not a new pokemon probably, they wouldn't let something like that slip in a magazine.

Daimona

Hero of Truth
just some food for erikiteru thought.

already it's been mentioned that erimaki tokage is a frilled lizard in japanese. eri is collar, erimaki is collar-around, and tokage is lizard. now, erikiteru has eri, but he does not have an eri...yet. get what i mean? it looks at first to be a play on the word electric, but the other electric types that do this in japanese, like erebuu, erekiddo, and erekiburu, all stick with "ere" not "eri" since electric is electric and not erictric. so it's got to be a play on eri, collar, not electric.

next, its signature move, parabola charge, of course. a parabolic antenna looks like the collar of a frilled lizard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parabolic_antenna

that is all old for the sake of getting all of this info together. this is the thing i've not seen mentioned -- already erikiteru is making people think it is quadrupedal, because it just barely is not. its front legs are actually off the ground in all three shots of it we have so far. it is slunk over so far it only seems to have all four feet on the ground, but it's bipedal. what sort of lizard shares this kind of weird posture?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAo09yYOpCU

so, now i just want to sit back and wait for cool fully frilled lizard evolutions to pour in. and as i was just lamenting days ago i'd never get an electric velociraptor, my dream pokemon, i can easily settle for an electric jurassic park dilophosarus (real ones probably did not have the frilled neck), which was my favourite dinosaur as a child. ya-hoo!
Hi Gin, did you Watch the recent pokemon Smash episode? What are your opinions on the sylveon "type-test"? Did they explicitly say that it was weak to poison?

FleegleMeister

Hero of Time
Looks like Yayakoma's face getting hit with an attack or charging up to me.

ETA: Then again, I see little green things... leaves?

You think so? I considered that, but it really looks like a pumpkin with a carved face. Granted, it's a small picture and it's also rather blurry.

WELCOME!

That appears to be the Robin using an attack there, not a new pokemon probably, they wouldn't let something like that slip in a magazine.

THANK YOU!
You're probably right in that they wouldn't let something like that slip, but it caught my attention.

Last edited:

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Ah. I see nothing on Sylveon that would associate to a new type. Its design reminisces of Cinccino and Delcatty.

It's names in basically all languages have something to do with Fairies, too. The German one is apparantly the literally word for Fairy. :p

Kingudora

My favourite
Honestly, I figured it would translated over as "Magic" or "Spirit" type. Ive mentioned it several times before, but the words "Spirit" and "Fairy" both hold different meanings depending on the culture. "Spirit" doesn't have to mean "ghost", so it could be used to encompass all "fairy-like" beings without the heavy female connotation. A "Magic" typing for those or "Astral" (since I like the sound of it more than Cosmic) could work too since we've already established some pokemon are 'alien' (so to speak) like Clefairy (anyone else remember the early episodes of the show where Ash and this random scientist guy were investigating whether Clefairy came from the moon or not?). And I dont think its deniable that Beeheeyem is some sort of alien.

I would also not be opposed to "Franklin" type since I find that hilarious.

EDIT: When's our next 'news' break? Was it SMASH (this past Sunday) that was supposed to reveal 'a lot of new X & Y news with Matsuda himself'? Or is the reveal happening on Wednesday through Pokemon/Nintendo Direct or whatever it is?

Spirit sounds good if it didn't sound so connected to ghosts, so I think Sprite would be a better choice. Magic doens't really capture the mythological essence of the Fairy type and would probably get confused with the Psychic type (which for the record is different from magic, Psychic is the power of the mind).

Astral also doesn't capture the essence of the Fairy type, while there are fairy-related creatures that have some connection to stars, far from all have. I think the reason Cleafairy are depicted as aliens is because aliens can be seen as the modern day version of fairies (there are even some fairy creatures which were said to be responible for crop circles just like aliens). So Clefairy is playing around the connection between fairies and aliens by being fairy-like aliens.

I would personally suggest something like Folklore type.

Last edited:

Akimoto-Kenta

F*ck Yeah! Seaking!
Okay is just me, or does the recent image of you riding a Pokemon give the idea of mounting Pokemon? If so. . . I'm gonna mount my Wailord!
EPIC!
I'm gonna mount a Diglett.

In the coro coro scan from today I noticed the pokedex for this generation. When open it resembles a Wii U game pad if turned sideways. They always make a generation's pokedex look like the latest handheld Nintendo system. I guess since the 3DS was already used they went for the gamepad.

Luthor

Can't happen. Evolving by Silk Scarf would mean that she'd have been able to evolve into Sylveon ages ago. It needs to be a new method or new item.

not true remember Lickilicky would've been availible in both Generation II and Generation III if it had existed , as in both there was a possible way to get a Lickitung that had Rollout. The same is true of mamoswine. I don't think silk scarf will be what causes sylveon evo. But it occuring via an already existing method isn't impossible

Yveltal96

A little more human
not true remember Lickilicky would've been availible in both Generation II and Generation III if it had existed , as in both there was a possible way to get a Lickitung that had Rollout. The same is true of mamoswine. I don't think silk scarf will be what causes sylveon evo. But it occuring via an already existing method isn't impossible

that's because you had to teach lickitung a move to evolve (that wasn't available gen IV), so it is true actually. they have never evolved pokemon from a previous generation with means they could have evolved them with in previous generations. so, sure they might be able to use a silk scarf, but they would have to add something else into the evolution method, this is all assuming it is normal type though, and it obviously isn't normal type, because sylveon is supereffective against two types (that we know of) and normal isn't supereffective against anything

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
Hey guys! Gals too!

I've always been a a Serebii fan and a lurker on these forums, but I saw something with the recent news reveal that made me want to register and post about. I haven't seen anything said about it yet, so here goes.

On the picture with the two playable characters, look in the upper right hand corner, right by the male trainer's head. Maybe I'm crazy, but that definitely looks like a pumpkin. It's in the battlefield that we've already seen, so chances are high that it's another Pokemon. It's mostly covered by a sphere of light, but I definitely see a pumpkin with a carved face. Maybe we're finally getting the grass/fire Jack-o'-lantern that many people have been hoping for?

I saw that too. The same thing is next to the female character's foot, partially hidden by Japanese script. It looks kind of like Sun Castform.

Kingudora

My favourite
Let those two be exceptions and not use them as support for new evolutions for old pokemon with old items/moves/etc. I belive that Lickilicky and Mamoswine's evolution methods were an oversight.

Luthor

that's because you had to teach lickitung a move to evolve (that wasn't available gen IV), so it is true actually. they have never evolved pokemon from a previous generation with means they could have evolved them with in previous generations. so, sure they might be able to use a silk scarf, but they would have to add something else into the evolution method, this is all assuming it is normal type though, and it obviously isn't normal type, because sylveon is supereffective against two types (that we know of) and normal isn't supereffective against anything

thats the point i'm was trying to make. For the moment I don't think it will use a currently existing item. I was meerly remarking that the fact that the objects already existing does not prevent their use of in a future evo method. I don't think syleon is a normal type regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.