• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Glad PokéBeach posted this now because in a day or two we will get the confirmation or not. And if it is true - we finally know Sylveon is Fairy and have some more clarification.

Hoping for at least a decent Normal/Flying Pokemon... So far the only remotely good ones are Braviary and Staraptor... The rest have a movepool that doesn't match the stats at all, or generally crappy stats.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I think Jormmungandr would be Water/Poison, since it is noted how it exhales poison clouds a few times, and also, Thor dies due to it.
I hope they have a Hrodvitnir Poke; they didn't do it for a mascot...

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Glad PokéBeach posted this now because in a day or two we will get the confirmation or not. And if it is true - we finally know Sylveon is Fairy and have some more clarification.

Yeah but even if all that information/rumor turns out to be fake when their names are revealed there is still a possibility that the new eeveelution is Fairy type. We never know for sure...

But if it turns out to be indeed correct then Sylveon is for sure Fairy type. It couldn't be such a coincidence.

storm12

Weather Bearer
I want it to be all new pokemon until you beat the league then older pokemon unlock when you get the NDex

im not at all opposed to old pokemon in a new game personally I feel this is what BW lacked and they made up for it with BW2 but I hate when the old pokemon appear early on.... ive just caught those pokemon in the last 14 games which are now obsolite I dont want to catch them again straight away in a new game!

I know what you mean, it is refreshing to have a completely new team of pokemon you haven't used before. In Ruby and Platinum and when I played Silver for a while I ended up with a Crobat as one of my main pokemon- but playing White I didn't have that option which was cool in it's own way :) I usually end up using the Bird until it's usefulness completely diminishes (which didn't happen in platinum as Staraptor is awesome!)

I would love if the robin evolved twice and the second evo was Fire/Flying, it wouldn't be that much of far stretch to abandon Normal in favour of Fire. Especially if it's moveset includes moves like Flame Charge, ember, Flame Wheel and Heatwave! It could be an awesome mixed attacker, though it would probably be fairy frail. I think someone already mentioned a stat build like that- probably a few people =P

storm12

Weather Bearer
I think Jormmungandr would be Water/Poison, since it is noted how it exhales poison clouds a few times, and also, Thor dies due to it.

Actually Water/Poison would be awesome and makes more sense, I was thinking Ground because it is the world serpent and Dark because it is kinda dodgy, but Water/Poison is sweet :)

I had to look that up- I would have been called him Fenrisulfr, that's the name I know it by :) that would be amazing as a giant Dark type wolf near the end of the dex, like kind of where Snorlax is- if you get what I mean/

rocky505

I hope the levels for evolution aren't as screwed up as BW were.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Fenrir! He'd probably be pure Dark, no?

Actually Water/Poison would be awesome and makes more sense, I was thinking Ground because it is the world serpent and Dark because it is kinda dodgy, but Water/Poison is sweet :)

I had to look that up- I would have been called him Fenrisulfr, that's the name I know it by :) that would be amazing as a giant Dark type wolf near the end of the dex, like kind of where Snorlax is- if you get what I mean/

Yeah, I think pure Dark would work quite well; monstrous base Attack stat, obviously.
I'm wondering if they'll make it the pseudo-legendary of this generation, with pre-evos, since it was a puppy, grew extremely quickly etc

The only one I can remember off the top of my head is Hydreigon & co. Level 64 is quite strange/frustrating.

Last edited:

R_N

I suspect the new exp system was the primary reason for the larger level gaps in some evolutions. I'm willing to bet they know it was an overcorrection and we probably won't get a lot of evolutions in their 50s (or in Hydreigon's case the 60s) especially for 2 stage lines

storm12

Weather Bearer

Larvesta and Zweilous were crazy!

And even Pidove into Tranquil took a lot longer than I thought it would on my first play through!

I'm hoping that the Pseudolegendary is NOT Dragon type. If I'm honest I really don't like the Dragon type full stop. I think it is pretty overated- well I don't get how it is seen as overpowered and why having a Dragon type early on would be so taboo. I dunno, it's resistances would make it difficult to take down I suppose and other dragon type moves wouldn't be common at the start of the game... oh, I get it now =| I still don't really like Dragon type that much though!

storm12

Weather Bearer
Yeah, I think pure Dark would work quite well; monstrous base Attack stat, obviously.
I'm wondering if they'll make it the pseudo-legendary of this generation, with pre-evos, since it was a puppy, grew extremely quickly etc

The only one I can remember off the top of my head is Hydreigon & co. Level 64 is quite strange/frustrating.

This is just a thought, but what if they worked Fenrir into being a Mightyena evo? I know they aren't wolves, (they're not exactly pure hyena though) but aesthetically it wouldn't be a huge leap- I can almost imagine it tbh. Yeah- massive attack, like 150ish I reckon!

It could be cool as a pseudo legendary actually yeah :) but then again, we just had Hydreigon who was Dark type (not that they would mind I don't think =P). Maybe the pseudo legendary could be based upon some kind of Jotun? Fighting/Rock type? I know people have discussed those before- but it could be cool having a humanshape pseudo legendary. Hopefully it won't evolve at a silly level though either!

storm12

Weather Bearer
Rufflet and Vullaby were too!

Oh yeah, like lvl. 54 right? I didn't mind their designs- I really liked Braviary actually, but their stats didn't really justify evolution at such a high level, considering they were two stage pokemon and their first stages had pretty poor stats to work with until level 54. I think they weren't found until quite late in the game so it isn't as bad in context- though trying to work with a hatched one could be difficult. I wouldn't like to see more like them in terms of level tbh.

But probably not any Butterfree style fully-evolved-by-level-10 either =P those days seem long gone I think.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
am I the only one that actually enjoyed the late evo's? it made it seem like you has to actually work to get it to evolve although it did get pretty difficult and frustrating at times. but for the most part I enjoyed it.

I suspect the new exp system was the primary reason for the larger level gaps in some evolutions. I'm willing to bet they know it was an overcorrection and we probably won't get a lot of evolutions in their 50s (or in Hydreigon's case the 60s) especially for 2 stage lines

there's a new exp system? :eek:

storm12

Weather Bearer
am I the only one that actually enjoyed the late evo's? it made it seem like you has to actually work to get it to evolve although it did get pretty difficult and frustrating at times. but for the most part I enjoyed it.

I haven't got to the point of catching a Rufflet in white yet, but I do want to catch one because they do seem cool- I wish that Braviary's stats were better though, like speed and defenses- to warrant it's high level. I would still use Braviary though

I've just checked and the only things that evolve later than Rufflet and Vullaby are Dragonair, Pupitar, Larvesta and Zweilous :O puts it into a strange perspective deosn't it?!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Jormmungan de what now?

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I haven't got to the point of catching a Rufflet in white yet, but I do want to catch one because they do seem cool- I wish that Braviary's stats were better though, like speed and defenses- to warrant it's high level. I would still use Braviary though

I've just checked and the only things that evolve later than Rufflet and Vullaby are Dragonair, Pupitar, Larvesta and Zweilous :O puts it into a strange perspective deosn't it?!

well not if you realize that the 2 that aren't from unova are both pseudo-legendaries which both evolve just one level later :p and it's also the last evolution whereas rufflet and vullaby are both unevolved. zweilous is also part of a pseudo-legendary line but it is from unova and evolves at a much later level than the others. and volcarona is something else. not sure why it evolves at such a high level but it does have pretty good stats and unique typing that works well for it. but regardless I liked the change and it made the games feel ever so slightly more like the anime which is something I'm sure many people look down upon :p

storm12

Weather Bearer
Jormmungan de what now?

Jormungandr is the Midgard Serpent in Norse myth- a huge sea monster that encircles the world yet is still able to put his tail in his mouth. I dunno about my spelling and the details of the myth exactly but thats the jist of it =]

(So as not to double post)

To Weavile:

I meant like, considering that Mandibuzz/Braviary's stat total of 510 is a little far off from a pseudo legendaries of 600- then it is a little weird that Rufflet and Mandibuzz as basic pokemon evolve near the second stage levels of Pseudo legendaries. I think that is a little strange, you'd expect their evo's to be stronger really. Volcarona is like a pseudo-pseudo-legendary =P tbh, I wouldn't have minded if they'd put in a chrysalis stage and made it the full blown one for the region.

I get what you mean :) it gives you a sense of satisfaction that you got your pokemon there and it evolved- the time spent as an unevolved pokemon is more appreciated. A weird anecdote, but I remember in Ruby I was really reluctant to evolve my Vigaroth into Slakoth because I heard it would get a stupid ability (the days before I thought of going online to get all de knowledge =P) and so i actually b-buttoned it a few times before finally letting it evolve after a few levels. I stopped using it after that. Slaking is frustrating =P! But yeah, making it take longer to be fully evolved is a bit more love to second stage pokemon, the most under appreciated in the pokemon world!

I wouldn't mind something similar to the pair o' birds at the end of this dex, if the stats justify the huge level needed.

Last edited:

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Excellent point, my friend.
Heck, Shin Megami Tensei has Troll listed as a fairy.
Fairy really just means a Celtic (is that right? Celtic origins?) magical being.
Although, this is Nintendo/Gamefreak we're talking about.....
With the fairy type we may unfortunately get..... Navi.
I can hear it now...
"Hey!"
"Listen!"
Oh god... Can we get another idea for a new type?

ah haha.....h.jpg i said it in her annoying voice

but other then navi i dont see fairy type being bad

Status
Not open for further replies.