• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
I have been thinking of this a while, but what if they are going to re-type the types? Re-typing the strong and weak against on some types. I know it is silly, but we have a Delibird, which do not take much damage on ice type moves, even that it is a flying type.

jrs

Dragon Master
Hey is anyone thinking about ditto evolving? I mean it would be pretty cool. Just a thought.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
What the Heck would ditto even evolve into if it could???

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Oh lord... Fairy-type almost confirmed? Eitherway, the source PokéBeach uses and what PokéSmash showed seem to contradict somewhat:
1. Weaknesses
- PokéBeach: Poison, Steel
- PokéSmash: Poison, and probably Fighting
2. Effective:
- PokéBeach: Dragon, Dark, Fighting
- PokéSmash: Ice
3. Not very effective against:
- PokéBeach: Fire, Psychic
- PokéSmash: Fighting
4. Immunity
- PokéBeach: Dragon
- PokéSmash: Non mentioned

So yeah, the Fighting-type is a contradiction..

Yeah, I think pure Dark would work quite well; monstrous base Attack stat, obviously.
I'm wondering if they'll make it the pseudo-legendary of this generation, with pre-evos, since it was a puppy, grew extremely quickly etc

The only one I can remember off the top of my head is Hydreigon & co. Level 64 is quite strange/frustrating.

Basic: Puprir
1st stage: Wolfrir
2nd stage: Moonrir

Yup! xD

The most irritating would have to be the following:
- Deino > Zweilous: 52 levels in base form??? And another 12 to fully evolve, granted it's a pseudo legendary dragon.. but still.
- Pawniard > Bisharp: 52 levels as well!
- Vullaby/Ruflett > Mandibuzz/Braviary: 54 levels! And considering how much Rufflet and Vullaby suck to train..
- Larvesta > Volcarona: 59 LEVELS!!!

Those are the worst from the top of my head. Thank the lord for making most of these evolutions available early in game.

Last edited:

anderdan

Pokebreeder
I think the panda will evolve into a fighting/dark. If I were to guess his ability I would say Sap Sipper. I'm really hoping the electric lizard evolves twice into a really cool frilled lizard. The goat is probably a stand alone evo or has one pre-evo at most. As for Sylveon, I think it's fairy type, but I think there is a really high chance we will get another eeveelution that is weak to it. More specifically I think it will be a dragon eeveelution and it will tend to be masculine looking compared to the slightly feminine looking Sylveon. Also, I think dunsparce, clefairy (family), mawile, plusle and Minun will have the Fairy type added to them (or replaced for the case of dunsparce and clefairy). I wouldn't be surprised if after all this time Dunsparce evolves into a Fairy/Dragon dual type.

Last edited:

Locormus

I think the panda will evolve into a fighting/dark. If I were to guess his ability I would say Sap Sipper. I'm really hoping the electric lizard evolves twice into a really cool frilled lizard. The goat is probably a stand alone evo or has one pre-evo at most. As for Sylveon, I think it's fairy type, but I think there is a really high chance we will get another eeveelution that is weak to it. More specifically I think it will be a dragon eeveelution and it will tend to be masculine looking compared to the slightly feminine looking Sylveon. Also, I think dunsparce, clefairy (family), mawile, plusle and Minun will have the Fairy type added to them (or replaced for the case of dunsparce and clefairy). I wouldn't be surprised if after all this time Dunsparce evolves into a Fairy/Dragon dual type.

What about Dragonite? Dragon/Fairy seems incredibly logical for it.

Panchum is already the Naughty pokemon. They could've easily made it a Dark-type at this point, but they didn't.

Also, for Helioptile, I'd hope for a triple stage as well. It just gives me the Shinx/Tynamo-vibe if you get what I mean.

As for Gogoat, definitely either standalone or a pre'volution.

And for Fletchling, hmm.. Yeah, I'm impartial to it. I love Fire-types, but if it gets Fire-type moves, it would be good as well. The type has many weaknesses, so I guess the Normal-type has its merits, even though I wanted a new Fire/Flying-type this gen.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Well mewtwo's Form has to be a new type cuz in this movie comming up he's Fighting genosect a BUG/Steel Pokemon and we all know mewtwo is Psychic AND WEAK TO bug so the only other way to beat all those Genosect that he's weak against is too change his form AND his type in order to take them on.....come on think about it

what ya'll think?

Mewtwo-Psychic

Mewtwo eclair Form- Psychic/Fairy or whatever the new type is

Last edited:

anderdan

Pokebreeder
What about Dragonite? Dragon/Fairy seems incredibly logical for it.

Panchum is already the Naughty pokemon. They could've easily made it a Dark-type at this point, but they didn't.

Also, for Helioptile, I'd hope for a triple stage as well. It just gives me the Shinx/Tynamo-vibe if you get what I mean.

As for Gogoat, definitely either standalone or a pre'volution.

And for Fletchling, hmm.. Yeah, I'm impartial to it. I love Fire-types, but if it gets Fire-type moves, it would be good as well. The type has many weaknesses, so I guess the Normal-type has its merits, even though I wanted a new Fire/Flying-type this gen.

Panchum has a very good chance to add dark typing to its evolutions.

I totally get what you mean by the tynamo-vibe. I was imagining the same thing.

I would be okay with the robin turning into a fire/flying type. Originally I was wanting Rapidash to evolve into a pegasus pokemon with fire/flying typing but now I think fire/fairy would be more appropriate. Especially if the robin was fire/flying.

Well mewtwo has to be a new type cuz in this movie comming up he's Fighting genosect a BUG/Steel Pokemon and we all know mewtwo is Psychic AND WEAK TO bug so the only other way to beat all those Genosect that he's weak against is too change his formAND his type in order to take them on.....come on think about it

what ya'll think?

good point. I agree. Mewtwo-X will probably be Psychic/Fairy. Who knows what typing Mewtwo-Y will be (if there is a Mewtwo-y)?

Also, They have been giving us the types of new pokemon except Sylveon and the legendaries. Why would they withhold their typing if they didn't have a new type?

Last edited:

Locormus

Well mewtwo has to be a new type cuz in this movie comming up he's Fighting genosect a BUG/Steel Pokemon and we all know mewtwo is Psychic AND WEAK TO bug so the only other way to beat all those Genosect that he's weak against is too change his form AND his type in order to take them on.....come on think about it

what ya'll think?

Some are speculating that there will be a third forme for Mewtwo, considering how coding calls this form M2x, while the original forme is plain M2. Perhaps this implies M2y?

That said, lets take a look at the moves the movie Genesect distribution has:
- Extremespeed: Event
- Shift Gear: Event
- Blaze Kick: Event
- Techno Blast: Duh..

Now tell me with which Bug-type move Mewtwo is going to be having difficulty with.

Panchum has a very good chance to add dark typing to its evolutions.

I totally get what you mean by the tynamo-vibe. I was imagining the same thing.

I would be okay with the robin turning into a fire/flying type. Originally I was wanting Rapidash to evolve into a pegasus pokemon with fire/flying typing but now I think fire/fairy would be more appropriate. Especially if the robin was fire/flying.

What? Because it's naughty and has dark skin/panda's are white and black? Teddiursa is naughty, and is a Normal-type. So for what other reason then esthetics would Panchum turn into a Dark-type? Not saying it can't, but please do elaborate.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Some are speculating that there will be a third forme for Mewtwo, considering how coding calls this form M2x, while the original forme is plain M2. Perhaps this implies M2y?

Now tell me with which Bug-type move Mewtwo is going to be having difficulty with.

well he is facing not just one but a bunch of Genesect

The Main Genesect prolly has those Moves while the others have Bug and whatever else genesect learns

anderdan

Pokebreeder

What? Because it's naughty and has dark skin/panda's are white and black? Teddiursa is naughty, and is a Normal-type. So for what other reason then esthetics would Panchum turn into a Dark-type? Not saying it can't, but please do elaborate.

I would argue there is a good chance for Panchum to become fighting/dark because of the Naughty nature, darker skin(fur), facial expression, and Parting Remark (which sounds like a dark type move). Clearly we can only speculate for now, but I think at least 51% of us would say it could happen.

Locormus

well he is facing not just one but a bunch of Genesect

The Main Genesect prolly has those Moves while the others have Bug and whatever else genesect learns

The army consists of five Genesect.
- Red Genesect: Extreme Speed, Shift Gear, Blaze Kick, Techno Blast
- Four others are left. The team has Charizard, Pikachu and Dragonite at least to take care of three of them.
-
A fourth switches sides..

I would argue there is a good chance for Panchum to become fighting/dark because of the Naughty nature, darker skin(fur), facial expression, and Parting Remark (which sounds like a dark type move). Clearly we can only speculate for now, but I think at least 51% of us would say it could happen.

Count me in those 51% that say it 'could' happen. I'm just saying that a naughty nature and darker fur and a facial expression isn't enough to justify the Dark-type addition, considering stuff like Teddiursa having those exact features, aside from dark fur, and being a Normal-type. Low Sweep is also a dirty move (at least in the animé), but it's a Fighting-type attack as well. I'm saying it could happen, but if that move is the only indication than there need to be more before I'm thoroughly joining the camp and advocating that it 'likely' will.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
I would also. It would be dragon poison most likely. There are really lots of good ideas for pokemon floating around. I wish GF would take notes.

Dragon/Poison it could be..... besides we havent had that b4.....YET

The army consists of five Genesect.
- Red Genesect: Extreme Speed, Shift Gear, Blaze Kick, Techno Blast
- Four others are left. The team has Charizard, Pikachu and Dragonite at least to take care of three of them.

well i'm sure Charizard could handle them...

He is Fire/flying vs Bug/steel

plus he has been at the chartic vally since Jhoto so i'm sure he is strong enough
but still mewtwo shows up for a reason and i'm sure that reason is they could'nt handle em

Last edited:

Machomacho

Banette and Jynx need evos because Dusclops, electabuzz, and Magyar got one. They have to be careful with Jynx because of the whole racial thing. And then banette, probably some freaky puppet, ghost/steel would be really good here.

On the fairy topic, I'm not sure what to believe about its weaknesses and strengths.

All we know is that it:
Weak to Fighting, Posion

Strong to: Ice

Well it has to be a new type obviously, but the rumored stuff about it seems off.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
good point. I agree. Mewtwo-X will probably be Psychic/Fairy. Who knows what typing Mewtwo-Y will be (if there is a Mewtwo-y)?

Also, They have been giving us the types of new pokemon except Sylveon and the legendaries. Why would they withhold their typing if they didn't have a new type?

Exactly, there is no reason to Hide it unless of a new type

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Status
Not open for further replies.