• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
C'mon now, they wouldn't make Steel WEAK to Poison!

corrosion. in all honesty, i always thought it made no sense that steel was immune to poison

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Well, since this is an even gneration we can expect pre-evos and evos for some of the past generation Pokémon. Maybe a Bison evolution for Boufalant would be cool.

Machomacho

I agree, it's weird that they're only advertising one because that makes me think there's only one new one this gen and I'd rather have it that way TBH

I do to. One feels right this generation. It's sad to see the trend be dissolved though.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I always thought steel was immune because metal is not alive and is just an element; in Pokemon's sense it's almost as if its artificial and you poison something artificial. It's like trying to poison a robot. I makes sense for grass because of poisons that kill plants and water also counts as fish so it is somewhat effective. I only don't understand of fire is affected at all. My logic may be a bit crazy, but that's how I make sense of it.

As to sylveons type, according to Smash, it has to be a new type. I just hope its not fairy. I know fairy is a broad term and doesnt necessarily mean a little woman with bug wings, but if I (like most people) close my eyes and was asked to think of a fairy i think of Tinkerbell. I think Im in the magic boat on the typing. magic as in a miracle or mysticism...

Machomacho

I completely agree. I still don't. although it would honestly pissed me off if they changed that now.

I just realized the whole poison erodes steel/metal. And I change would really piss me off as well because childhood ruined.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Correction, acid corrodes steel. Other venom, not so much

Well maybe a new Poison type will have a new Poison move be able to corrode metal and work on Steel types. Or there could be one of those Feint or Miracle Eye moves that allows Poison moves to hit Steel types.

LusterPurge

Victory Star
As to sylveons type, according to Smash, it has to be a new type. I just hope its not fairy. I know fairy is a broad term and doesnt necessarily mean a little woman with bug wings, but if I (like most people) close my eyes and was asked to think of a fairy i think of Tinkerbell. I think Im in the magic boat on the typing. magic as in a miracle or mysticism...

I dont mind it. But i would of liked cosmic. It could be that many new mons came from outerspace and the cosmos and are being discovered and some previous ones are found to be cosmic as well

I can definitely see something like this happening. In fact, I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet.

Professor Squirtle

Professor of Rain
corrosion. in all honesty, i always thought it made no sense that steel was immune to poison
I think Pokemon relates Poison more with infection and even viral infection, rather than instant corrosive action and similar violent degradation. This isn't Borderlands and Steel Pokemon aren't GUNs.

I think prof was saying poison mostly relates to the venom based attacks of poison as opposed to acid based attacks.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
then explain moves like acid and acid spray which are both poison type moves

Think naturally produced acid like those used by certain bugs or snakes, it can corrode skin and muscle but it probably wouldn't have too much affect on metal.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Think naturally produced acid like certain bugs or snakes, it's weaker and can corrode skin and muscle but it probably wouldn't have too much affect on metal.

there are industrial poison types though such as garbodor and muk insinuating that not all poison types are organic, and these acids can corrode metals

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Well here's my 2 cents...

The way I see it, if smash said sylveon Is strong against ice and weak to poison, with the only weakness to poison bein grass and that isn't a possibility, either:
A) game freak changes some weaknesses/resistances around to upgrade or downgrade specific types... Or
B) we are getting a new type.
Honestly either is possible, the type chart was slightly shifted to adjust for dark being added, not sure if it was changed any other time?

Also I'm expecting a second eeveelution, if sylveon ends up being flying (see argument above) then I'd like ground as a counterpart, if sylveon is a new type like say fairy, then if its weak to poison, poison should be the next eeveelution, to have a counterpart with SE vs the other eevee(sylveon)

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
there are industrial poison types though such as garbodor and muk insinuating that not all poison types are organic, and these acids can corrode metals

Then assume that their acidity can't corrode steel like the others, they're still technically animals in the Pokémon world.

Status
Not open for further replies.