• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
Nice names and I like Fletchling and Punchem, but I still don't trust any of it one bit.
Well anyway, the legitimacy of these rumors will be confirmed tomorrow when the international websites update along with the Japanese.

I kinda of hope Pokebeach's rumors are true because there is a lot of stuff in there that i like :D

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
i have no idea what is going on. can someone please explain these rumors to me. i have had no time to really look at the rumors in full.

Just check Pokébeach for the (probably) reliable rumors (for most part). ^^

In any case, I hope (and it's pretty much confirmed now) that there will be a New Type. I am extremely happy about that. I've known all other Types for so long and knows everything about them, so this New Type should be very interesting. :3 (would have prefered two New Types and a second Eeveelution to have the other, but no matter).

And I like the Pokémon Names (if true) for these new ones. Gogoat!

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
In any case, I hope (and it's pretty much confirmed now) that there will be a New Type.

Ahem, sorry to burst your bubble, but, we haven't had even a shred of confirmation of that from official sources :D
Not that it can't happened, but, let's be realistic here, there has been no confirmation of that, other that fan speculation (which is not conformation).

Last edited:

WNDR

Just check Pokébeach for the (probably) reliable rumors (for most part). ^^

In any case, I hope (and it's pretty much confirmed now) that there will be a New Type. I am extremely happy about that. I've known all other Types for so long and knows everything about them, so this New Type should be very interesting. :3 (would have prefered two New Types and a second Eeveelution to have the other, but no matter).

And I like the Pokémon Names (if true) for these new ones. Gogoat!

I would hardly call them reliable, a coincidence a best.
The only pieces that fit so far is this person claimed a fairy type and a vague description of a move which matches an announced move.

But the rumours have already been contradicted by smash, an actually pokemon source.

starrs10

How does it contradict?
Hmm...Gogoat looks as if it could be a stand-alone Pokémon.Otherwise I believe it has a slight chance of having a pre-evo but no evos.

Well, it contradicts to the fact that the supposed SUPER Effectiveness(?) and Weakness are different on both sources.

WNDR

How does it contradict?
Hmm...Gogoat looks as if it could be a stand-alone Pokémon.Otherwise I believe it has a slight chance of having a pre-evo but no evos.

Pokebeach rumours states
Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.

Where as Smash eluded to slyveon, Fairy, being SE agaisnt ice. A strang ommison from this new "source"

Hiro as well our original previously credable source who would also be proved correct by the Fairy type, claims the starter evolutions being different type to what this new source claims.

Coupled with this I said this earlier but nobody seemed to take notice;
The names theirselves are obviously well thought our a combination of obscure enough words, but why didn't pokebeach already mention them? From the timeline it sounds of though the source told GF stuff they eventually told us, these pokemon come out, the source who hadn't mentioned them before now knows their names....
But the pokebeach source played a beta he would already have all of his information together not constantly receiving new information.
If you were leaking information to a pokemon website wouldn't you go with what new pokemon are in the game, from the amount the source did reveal its not as if they are shy on sharing.

stevencloser

Ahem, sorry to burst your bubble, but, we haven't had even a shred of confirmation of that from official sources :D
Not that it can't happened, but, let's be realistic here, there has been no confirmation of that, other that fan speculation (which is not conformation).

Well, Pokemon Smash IS an official source. And it quite clearly showed that Sylveon is weak against Fighting and strong against ice, after which they tested for immunity to poison because she might be Steel, but she was not immune to poison. There's no type that has that combination.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~

I know there's not been anything official yet. But enough things points to a New Type that I think it is basically confirmed. :p

And I'm not sure the Smash thins is contradicted per say, people have just had a very hard time understanding exactly what was going on.
But on Smash we found out that Sylveon is apparantly strong against Ice, and Weak to Poison (and it's not Steel Fighting or Normal). So, unless it is some sort of Dual Type, I'd say it has to be a new type. ^^

It is also the first non-Legendary revealed to not have it's Type revealed with it. All that, combined with Hiro's 'facts' and this PokéBeach rumor, well, I am convinced. :3

Of course I cannot say it is confirmed.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Well the rumor doesn't exactly have to match what Smash! is showcasing, sure the rumor can be proven fake but that doesn't mean that a new type is impossible as its the decision for Gamefreak to decide.

True. Plus, I'm not sure the people in Smash knows what they are doing. :p (well of course they do, but they are ridiculous)~

All these rumors can be wrong, but that there is a New Type, that I am personally sure of. But, let's talk about that when/if confirmed.

Regality

Digital King
I don't know why.. but I really don't like the name fletchling.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I don't know why.. but I really don't like the name fletchling.

I kinda like it, but I prefer short names for early birds/rodents.

ShadowKreach

I'd like to briefly remind everyone that the PokeBeach rumour is just about 2-3 months old right now, seeing as the information was given to them back in February. It's entirely possible that they've been tweaking the effectiveness of the new type, If it exists, to try and balance it (Even though giving Ice another weakness isn't balanced at all).
I hope that if the rumour has any truth to it that we don't end up with Dual-Type moves, though.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
True. Plus, I'm not sure the people in Smash knows what they are doing. :p (well of course they do, but they are ridiculous)~

All these rumors can be wrong, but that there is a New Type, that I am personally sure of. But, let's talk about that when/if confirmed.

I really have to agree with you on the new type ordeal.

This is the first time in over a decade this much hype has been set over a pokemon's type (or two, if Xerneas indeed indicates anything), and I'm pretty sure Smash wouldn't be running ''Sylveon'' through type tests if it were anything we knew about. They didn't do this to Zoroark when it was pre-released or Lucario; and as vague as Reshiram was when it was first announced they would have given it special attention if it were a new type.

That ''attention'' never materialized, especially not in the manner Sylveon has garnered. I was extremely skeptical and thought Sylveon was Dragon at first, but all this press surrounding her type is pretty much ''confirming'' a new type. Whether its Fairy like Hiro/Pokebeach said is anyone's guess.

Like R_N said on Saturday, its likely Smash will continue plucking types off Sylveon up until June 15, doing three types at a time until the two most plausible types are left that month. If there are new types, it MUST be in June's CoroCoro to coincide with Smash's end of type elimination and to explain its mechanics. If not, then I'll admit I'm a fool! XD

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
^ Glad someone agrees (though you explained it better than me, grumble). ^^ I'm gonna guess that the next CoroCoro will be about the new Type, yes. But Masuda is gonna be on Smash next time, right? Last time he was there, he revealed the Mewtwo form. And since the known Mewtwo form's code on the official site has 'M2X (Mewtwo X), I'm sure he will reveal Mewtwo Y. Two forms.

This would make even more sense if it's revealed to be two Mewtwo's in the movie. The one we have seen may be a new one, thus the wastly differenc voice.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
^ Glad someone agrees (though you explained it better than me, grumble). ^^ I'm gonna guess that the next CoroCoro will be about the new Type, yes. But Masuda is gonna be on Smash next time, right? Last time he was there, he revealed the Mewtwo form. And since the known Mewtwo form's code on the official site has 'M2X (Mewtwo X), I'm sure he will reveal Mewtwo Y. Two forms.

This would make even more sense if it's revealed to be two Mewtwo's in the movie. The one we have seen may be a new one, thus the wastly differenc voice.

To be honest..i don't mind a new Mewtwo Form..but i please not two Mewtwo Forms..

Status
Not open for further replies.