• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
hey guys, i just checked the x and y website, and if you scroll down to sylveon and click on the right arrow to show the second picture of it, this picture comes up
Eevee-Infographic-Pokemon-X-and-Y_en.jpg

now we are all familiar with this picture, but a caption below says:
"Take a closer look at the different Pokémon that can evolve from Eevee, including the newly discovered Sylveon!"
now does this mean that the order the eeveelutions are in actually matter? I think so, otherwise they wouldn't be literally telling us that it matters
for those of you too lazy too look up the link to the site, here it is

mtie123

Johto's Hero
hey guys, i just checked the x and y website, and if you scroll down to sylveon and click on the right arrow to show the second picture of it, this picture comes up
Eevee-Infographic-Pokemon-X-and-Y_en.jpg

now we are all familiar with this picture, but a caption below says:
"Take a closer look at the different Pokémon that can evolve from Eevee, including the newly discovered Sylveon!"
now does this mean that the order the eeveelutions are in actually matter? I think so, otherwise they wouldn't be literally telling us that it matters
for those of you too lazy too look up the link to the site, here it is

I don't understand what your trying to imply

Yveltal96

A little more human
I don't understand what your trying to imply

nothing much, just that i think it's typing is hidden in there based off of the positions.
whatever the type of sylveon is, this picture is just a puzzle that we haven't seemed to have figured out.
i just thought it was very interesting that they practically told us that the picture is a big clue to it all

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
Everything I thought I knew is a lie!!!

Pancham looks like a two stage evolution line so does Gogoat!!
Helioptile (man that's a hard name) and Fletchling (another hard name) look like a three stage mons but I wish Fletchling is a two stage like Taillow!!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
nothing much, just that i think it's typing is hidden in there based off of the positions.
whatever the type of sylveon is, this picture is just a puzzle that we haven't seemed to have figured out.

We have had discussions about their positioning before. We'll just literally go in circles here. Discuss something else besides Sylveon please.

storm12

Weather Bearer
OMG THIS IS SO EXCITING! Helioptile is definitely growing on me, seeing it's open frill is pretty cool- the type STILL puzzles me though??? I expect it to change upon evolution! Customizable outfits =D omg!

Also, if you look really carefully at the boxart- in the coloured backgrounds of the X and Y- with Xerneas you can see green plants- so part Grass type almost definetely? and with Yveltal you can see what looks to me like cloudy sky- so part Flying??

=D =D Fairy is coming! So people who can't get over the word, get over yourselves! Fairy is a cool word, Fairy fairy fairy!

Better than Fae, Magic etc. It just makes sense!

slowkingsley

I love Pancham's description on the site.

"With its trademark leaf always sticking out of its mouth, Pancham tries to intimidate its opponents by glaring at them intensely (although this is rarely successful)."

It tries to be badass but it's too cute to be.

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
I am starting love Helioptile a lot now. I hoping he evolve to some electric dinosaur now.

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
Interesting that the rumored names are true. There is the possibility that this source got wind of the english names near the recent leak of corocoro and used them as a way to keep their past rumors interesting. According to Pokebeach these rumors were brought to their attention 3 months ago and the new corocoro info is very recent.

I'm just being very cautious about this all. If it does prove to be true, how come this source didn't try to contact other sites? Its interesting knowing this information might be correct.

If the new type is confirmed, I'm very interested in how it will work out. I'm not a fan of the idea, but I will get used to it and look forward to learning more.

WNDR

I love Pancham's description on the site.

"With its trademark leaf always sticking out of its mouth, Pancham tries to intimidate its opponents by glaring at them intensely (although this is rarely successful)."

It tries to be badass but it's too cute to be.

Most adorable badass ever. Deffinatly on my team.

Regality

Digital King
Helioptile evolves to.. Tyrannoshockus.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
So Helioptile will probably go from Electric/Normal to Electric/Fire because of the name Helios, which is sun in Greek culture. Maybe Helioptile will be a three-stage pokemon.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Everything I thought I knew is a lie!!!

Pancham looks like a two stage evolution line so does Gogoat!!
Helioptile (man that's a hard name) and Fletchling (another hard name) look like a three stage mons but I wish Fletchling is a two stage like Taillow!!

I think fletchling will be two staged because the regional birds seem to alternate and we've just had a hree staged last generation

WNDR

So Helioptile will probably go from Electric/Normal to Electric/Fire because of the name Helios, which is sun in Greek culture. Maybe Helioptile will be a three-stage pokemon.

The Helios part comes from heliophiles who are drawn to and get energy from the sun. It's a solar powered electric type.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I think fletchling will be two staged because the regional birds seem to alternate and we've just had a hree staged last generation

Well Starly was a three-staged Flying in an even gen. But maybe you're right. Tailow and Nocowl seemed to be regional birds of two consecutive gens and they were two-staged.

The Helios part comes from heliophiles who are drawn to and get energy from the sun. It's a solar powered electric type.

That's why I think it should be Electric/Fire.

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
Seriously loving Helioptile! He will be on my team for sure, unless there is a Dark/Electric or Electric/Dark type that I prefer over him later on. Nonetheless Helioptile is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.