• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but the new trailer for it looks really sick
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/videos/
they did a lot of graphic improvements especially in battle
also looks like there is no skating, it was just bad footage in the first trailer
I think the new moves look amazing, and i am really starting to love helioptile, he's probably my favorite one released so far

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
Seriously loving Helioptile! He will be on my team for sure, unless there is a Dark/Electric or Electric/Dark type that I prefer over him later on. Nonetheless Helioptile is awesome!

I agree..personally i want him to be either..Electric/Dragon, Electric/Fire or Electric/Grass..

WNDR

Well Starly was a three-staged Flying in an even gen. But maybe you're right. Tailow and Nocowl seemed to be regional birds of two consecutive gens and they were two-staged.

That's why I think it should be Electric/Fire.

But solar panels have nothing to do with fire.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but the new trailer for it looks really sick
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/videos/
they did a lot of graphic improvements especially in battle
also looks like there is no skating, it was just bad footage in the first trailer
I think the new moves look amazing, and i am really starting to love helioptile, he's probably my favorite one released so far

Everything looks beautiful..hell it may even look better than Fire Emblem Awakening and that game looks fantastic..

Daimona

Hero of Truth
Holy cow, that's a lot of new info at once, hard to process it all...

Guess we have to take the pokebeach rumors more seriously now, huh? (Someone wake them up so they can post more leaked info! XD)

Can I just say that I love the new trailer!! Idle animations for the trainers! And...(can't Believe I'm saying this)... there seems to be manual camera control! That may be some of the best news to me!

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I agree..personally i want him to be either..Electric/Dragon, Electric/Fire or Electric/Grass..

Well, it's a lizard. If it's three-staged, it may become Electric/Dragon, but then its second stage would have to get to level 40+ for it to become Electric/Dragon. My money is on Electric/Fire personally.

But solar panels have nothing to do with fire.

Because the sun emits light, you're right. But the sun is a giant sphere of fire. Just saying.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Personally, I hope that Helioptile keeps his typing. It's a unique typing, and 1) it has only two weaknesses and 2) electric/normal gives it multiple options in battle. it could be a facade user, it could be a rain sweeper, etc

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
Well, it's a lizard. If it's three-staged, it may become Electric/Dragon, but then its second stage would have to get to level 40+ for it to become Electric/Dragon. My money is on Electric/Fire personally.

Because the sun emits light, you're right. But the sun is a giant sphere of fire. Just saying.

Personally i would love to see it turn into Electric/Grass..

WNDR

Hmmm I'm sceptical. Either way electric/fire is an awesome combination so I'd love to see it! just personally don't see it here.

Personally, I hope that Helioptile keeps his typing. It's a unique typing, and 1) it has only two weaknesses and 2) electric/normal gives it multiple options in battle. it could be a facade user, it could be a rain sweeper, etc

Yeah I'd like to see him keep his typing normal tend to have wide varied move pools, would make him very useful!

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite

Well so is Electric/Grass..and in my personal opinion Electric/Grass > Electric/Normal...

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
Looking at a higher resolution version of the image with the supposed pre-evo of Gogoat, I can actually see what the poster was on about. That doesn'tean that it/they are the pre-evo's of Gogoat but taking the location in to the discussion I think it is very plausible, since that seems to be the town in with we can ride on Gogoat.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Well so is Electric/Grass..and in my personal opinion Electric/Grass > Electric/Normal...

well, i do realize a secondary grass typing would be neat, but for one, i would prefer them to stick to typing that hasn't been done before, also there are many great stat spreads he can get, and a wider movepool with a secondary normal typing. some people don't seem to realize this, but normal pokemon tend to be really good, and i hope that this one can be a facade abuser. not that many pokemon can abuse it properly

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
I hope Helioptile stay electric/normal or electric/fire. I think it be cool if evolve more into dilophosaurus. I was at wallpaper with gogoat. It's huge. Just think how big will be with evolution.

Daimona

Hero of Truth
Look at the new high-res version of the concept art:

Love fennekin strutting down the street :p so smug!

WNDR

well, i do realize a secondary grass typing would be neat, but for one, i would prefer them to stick to typing that hasn't been done before, also there are many great stat spreads he can get, and a wider movepool with a secondary normal typing. some people don't seem to realize this, but normal pokemon tend to be really good, and i hope that this one can be a facade abuser. not that many pokemon can abuse it properly

I did a check the other day as well and while its not impossible, discounting eevee, only 4 pokemn have ever changed one of their typing.
Plenty gain secondary but only 4/649 have ever changed type. Odds on not too really.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite

I love Normal Types...hell Stoutland is my favourite Pokemon..but i still think Grass would be a more suitable secondary type than Normal..

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
Also on the typing discussion of Helioptile's evolved forms, I too want him to keep his unique typing. Like mentioned he would have minor weaknesses and his move pool would help him out being part Normal, since Normal types can generally learn a variety of different move types them Helioptile can theoretically learn moves to counteract his weaknesses, thought it wouldn't be STAB of course but it is still great.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I love Normal Types...hell Stoutland is my favourite Pokemon..but i still think Grass would be a more suitable secondary type than Normal..

well, you must not know too much about lizards. this guy, based on his description, is an arid lizard. so, if any other secondary typing would be added, it might be ground. grass wouldn't make any sense, as this is a desert dwelling lizard.

Also on the typing discussion of Helioptile's evolved forms, I too want him to keep his unique typing. Like mentioned he would have minor weaknesses and his move pool would help him out being part Normal, since Normal types can generally learn a variety of different move types them Helioptile can theoretically learn moves to counteract his weaknesses, thought it wouldn't be STAB of course but it is still great.

precisely. all he would need is zen headbutt, and ice fang (or new ice move) and his weaknesses are covered leaving him with room for a STAB move and a boosting move

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
Look at the new high-res version of the concept art:

Love fennekin strutting down the street :p so smug!

Chespin is so cute.^^ By the concept art, I am guessing marill will be in game. Haven't marill been almost all game? Can't escape it like a zubat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.