• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayBird

Hummingbird Advocate

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Morning/Day/Night will definatly stay

I hope we get some awsome weather effects and we keep the seasons I wonder if we can get winter coats and umbrellas now we can change outfits and accessories

and weather should be affected by the season like:

Spring: should be rainny/Heavy rain. throughout the map diff routes everyday

Summer: Thunderstorms/Hail/heavy rain/ Hurricanes (sea routes only) diff routes everyday

Fall: Very windy (would affect sky battles)/rain/foggy/ diff routes everyday

Winter: snowing everywhere/Hail/Blizzards/Freezing rain/ ability to walk on the frozen lakes/oceans (can only do that in winter)

Icing Sugar

Do I get it right that Fairy should be effective against Dark?
That does mean Sableye and Spiritomb get their weakness, as Fairy is effective against Dark and neutral against Ghost, right?
That's bad. Sableye has always been something special.
Okay, Spiritomb is special as well but I never liked it.
U can still super-effective hit them with a fighting type skill after foresight tho :p

BayBird

Hummingbird Advocate
Completely irrelevant to the topic buuuut... Anyone else notice what page we're currently on in this thread? (;

Anyway, I haven't mentioned which Pokemon is my favorite of the revealed thus far. Fletchling and Chespin, easily. The fact that Fletchling has an arrow concept incorporated into its design makes me love it. And it's a songbird noted for having a very pretty song! I can't say pigeons, sparrows, or starlings have pretty songs. Finally, a robin (albeit one not closely related to the American Robin we Americans know well). It's beautifully simple and knows a fire move. Hell yes.

Chespin gives me hope for something very interesting in design. I love that it's a mammal. First Grass type mammal starter! :) Also, incorporating chestnuts into its design is so cool to me. I have so much interest in it. I cannot wait to find out its stats and evos. :) Hoping for a Grass/Rock evolution!

gpt11

I have a funny feeling that since this info has now been released we will get new info this sunday *fingers crossed*

Missingno.Fan

Do I get it right that Fairy should be effective against Dark?
That does mean Sableye and Spiritomb get their weakness, as Fairy is effective against Dark and neutral against Ghost, right?
That's bad. Sableye has always been something special.
Okay, Spiritomb is special as well but I never liked it.

Hey yeah, you're right. But I also remember hearing that Fairy type moves are neutral against everything.

mathfranr

http://pokebeach.com/
use zoom on the pokedex image and you can see zigzagoon on the dex(regional dex)
the new bird seems to have 3 stages and there is another bird like thing after it(look like taillow but not sure)

Last edited:

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite

rocky505

We know this but i have a strange feeling that Zigzagoon is going to get a evolution this gen..

He already has one, and if Linoone did get one there would be 2 spaces between Zigzagoon and Fletching

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
http://pokebeach.com/
use zoom on the pokedex image and you can see zigzagoon on the dex(regional dex)
the new bird seems to have 3 stages and there is another bird like thing after it(look like taillow but not sure)

Nice. Given Fletchling's low level, I'd imagine Zigzagoon reprises its role this generation as an early-game HM/Pickup slave.

I think that may be Pidgey hiding in the corner, as well.

Torpoleon

Awesome! Would be nice to see a Linoone evolution here, but at least we have older Pokémon in the regional dex.

storm12

Weather Bearer
If we're talking about kids.. Fae would probably be best, it escapes the stereotypical image that comes with fairy and is also shorter and easier to say.

Why should it have to escape those stereotypes? It could fly in the face of them instread! I don't see any solid reason to tiptoe around Fairy type as the name- Fae being a variation of a girl's name could make it appear MORE feminine so why use it? No particular reason. It is shorter and easier, but it doesn't exactly role of the tongue- like- 'it's a Fae type?!' 'It's a Fairy type?!'

Fae is a very archaic mostly European spelling of the word so for North American audiences Fairy makes more sense. I see no point in fighting that word! Fae sounds more effeminate in fact a variation of that word is used to mean that!

mathfranr

im not sure but i dont think it is Pidgey whatevers there its tail is red,looking better i see that its not taillow,but i dont know about pidgey,either way its a bird,it isnt swellow,in the end pidgey is the closest thing we got,good eyes you got there,the little bit of the body we can see looks blue to me,what color do you think it is ?

Last edited:

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
Why do people seem to think Zigzagoon replaces a regional rodent? Has it not occurred to you people that perhaps Fletchling might not be the regional bird? Why would they break the tradition of regional rodent and not regional bird?

Also, I think it's useless to speculate what the obscured sprite in the corner of the Pokedex is. Neither the Natu nor Mareep nor Pidgey icon look identical to it. Perhaps it's a new Pokemon, or perhaps it's an old Pokemon we haven't thought of, or perhaps it's an old Pokemon with an updated icon sprite - we don't know. Thus it's pointless to speculate.

Status
Not open for further replies.