1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCFan

DCFan The Flame Jacobite

Hmm.. interesting..yes it is certainly possible that they based Fletchling off Robin Hood to keep with the European Theme..

2. adamfitz

adamfitz poké-lover

Well we know we are getting at least 51 new pokemon in this new gen
    We were told the total will be over 700
    So 700-649 = 51

I definitely think that they should keep all the regionals
    The regional bird, rodent and pika

3. LeoP2008

LeoP2008 Trainer/Coordinator

This may be hoping for too much, but I hope Gogoat is part of a early 3-stage evolution (like Shinx). It looks like it has alot of potential to be an awesome Pokemon but it strikes me as a Stage-2 evolution. I'd like to see it adopt an additional Rock typing, making it more mountain goat-esqe....

4. Gelatini Jejunator

Gelatini Jejunator Vote Vanillite! Wait

It's likely to be much more than that. We have 9 in the starters, 2 in the legendaries, 1 in Sylveon and 4 in the Pokemon recently revealed. That's 16 right there. I expect at least 100, akin to G/S/C.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed. Look at the bottom left corner of the summary screen.

[​IMG]

It seems ribbons are a returning feature.

5. WNDR

WNDR Well-Known Member

Would love it.

I would die happy. Well, I'd play pokemon happy...

Thank you for helping build up my hope, I hope they aren't crushed.

6. The Joker.

The Joker. Gone.

Just managed to catch up with the news recently. I'm really liking Pancham so far, I can see its evolution using bamboo as some form of martial arts weapon. Fletchling has been a little unappealing to me but considering it knows flame charge, that has piqued interest in it. I was disappointed with Helioptile's typing, its electric/normal typing suggests that its evolution(s) will not gain another type, which is sad as I could envision it becoming an electric/dark type. All things considered it could have been a lot worse.

7. strikeZone13

strikeZone13 Merc with a mouth

I can dig it, Robin Hood bird sounds awesome. I still think the Panda should be a dark type.... But that's just me fanservicing my favorite type.

8. anderdan

anderdan Pokebreeder

For that picture of the Dex. Does anybody also see Caterpie in one of the regions in Kalos. The order is Fennekin, blank spot (Fennekin stage 1), blank spot (Fennekin stage 2), Zigzagoon, blank (for Linoone), Fletchling, blank, blank, Caterpie, blank, blank.

9. mathfranr

mathfranr Member

i think it is a bird,not sure if pidgey or swellow but it is a bird for sure,dont look like caterpie to me

10. adamfitz

adamfitz poké-lover

Yeah I'd like a nice 100 new pokwmon

Also haven't ribbons allways been there?
    Like the recent deoxys event comes with a ribbon

11. anderdan

anderdan Pokebreeder

I disagree, but to each their own. I see green with the small red antennae which remembles Caterpie.

12. Professor Squirtle

Professor Squirtle Professor of Rain

Wikipedia...a ghost (sometimes known as a spectre (British English) or specter (American English), phantom, apparition or spook). I love the Spook Type. Gengar is my favorite Spook type.

13. GatedSunOne

GatedSunOne Like A Rockefeller

Huh. All the best info ALWAYS SHOWS UP when I'm at work. CX

So, Pokebeach's rumors were correct...!? I'll be durned. I honestly thought he was being duped, but I'm glad I was wrong. Now the bigger question is how much longer Beach is will hold onto the rest of his info.

I don't know about anyone else though, but I want to see what those ''sky battles'' (the rumor about a new battle type for fliers/levitators?) are going to be about. Can't picture it being anything else. =/

14. mathfranr

mathfranr Member

yes but not on that position,they changing it from place hardly means anything but i liked the contest on RSE hope they come back someday

15. Ace of Shades

Ace of Shades Well-Known Member

GAIZ!! KALOS IS IN A STAR SHAPE, COSMIC TYPE CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!! ALSO MUSICIANS ARE SUPERSTARS SOUND TYPE CONFIRMED!!!!!not that I wouldn't love them

Ok in all seriousness now, did anyone else notice the two protrusions coming out of the back of Pancham? It kind of reminds of those sashes some karate/ninja people wear around their heads and could see them becoming that in an evolution. Maybe the leaf could become a bamboo blowpipe and he could be a Fighting/Dark ninja.

16. DCFan

DCFan The Flame Jacobite

I hope it's more then 100...i would say it should be similar to Gen 4..

17. mathfranr

mathfranr Member

yes but not on that position,they changing it from place hardly means anything but i liked the contest on RSE hope they come back someday

18. Takaru

Takaru Werk, Werk, Werk

They never introduced any in the recent games, but they just had them because previous Pokemon had ribbons. Unless they decide to bring back contest, or just new achievement ribbons.

19. Gelatini Jejunator

Gelatini Jejunator Vote Vanillite! Wait

I meant 'return' as in 'reappear' - they appeared in Generation V and will reappear in Generation VI. I have the Deoxys myself, I'm aware that ribbons exist in Generation V. :p

20. strikeZone13

strikeZone13 Merc with a mouth

Not to be cynical, but just because they got the names "right" doesn't mean anything else they put is right.
    I'll have to wait for GF to finalize any of these supposed "leaks"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.