• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
I have a theory and massive hope (boyhood hero being referenced here) for fletchling.
With its name possibly deriving from hatchling + fletching,
Fletching a term in crafting arrows, could this little robin have ties to another European Robin who uses a bow and arrow.
Robin Hood.
Please use this for inspiration GF, I will do unworldly things for this to be true.

Hmm.. interesting..yes it is certainly possible that they based Fletchling off Robin Hood to keep with the European Theme..

adamfitz

poké-lover
Well we know we are getting at least 51 new pokemon in this new gen
We were told the total will be over 700
So 700-649 = 51

I definitely think that they should keep all the regionals
The regional bird, rodent and pika

LeoP2008

Trainer/Coordinator

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
Well we know we are getting at least 51 new pokemon in this new gen
We were told the total will be over 700
So 700-649 = 51

It's likely to be much more than that. We have 9 in the starters, 2 in the legendaries, 1 in Sylveon and 4 in the Pokemon recently revealed. That's 16 right there. I expect at least 100, akin to G/S/C.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed. Look at the bottom left corner of the summary screen.

may_p5_8-150x150.jpg

It seems ribbons are a returning feature.

WNDR

that would be cool if it evolved into a hawk with a red hood crest :p

Would love it.

Hmm.. interesting..yes it is certainly possible that they based Fletchling off Robin Hood to keep with the European Theme..

I would die happy. Well, I'd play pokemon happy...

That is an excellent idea. To add more hope, its tail looks like the types of fletch used on arrows.

Thank you for helping build up my hope, I hope they aren't crushed.

Just managed to catch up with the news recently. I'm really liking Pancham so far, I can see its evolution using bamboo as some form of martial arts weapon. Fletchling has been a little unappealing to me but considering it knows flame charge, that has piqued interest in it. I was disappointed with Helioptile's typing, its electric/normal typing suggests that its evolution(s) will not gain another type, which is sad as I could envision it becoming an electric/dark type. All things considered it could have been a lot worse.

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
I can dig it, Robin Hood bird sounds awesome. I still think the Panda should be a dark type.... But that's just me fanservicing my favorite type.

anderdan

Pokebreeder
For that picture of the Dex. Does anybody also see Caterpie in one of the regions in Kalos. The order is Fennekin, blank spot (Fennekin stage 1), blank spot (Fennekin stage 2), Zigzagoon, blank (for Linoone), Fletchling, blank, blank, Caterpie, blank, blank.

adamfitz

poké-lover
It's likely to be much more than that. We have 9 in the starters, 2 in the legendaries, 1 in Sylveon and 4 in the Pokemon recently revealed. That's 16 right there. I expect at least 100, akin to G/S/C.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed. Look at the bottom left corner of the summary screen.

may_p5_8-150x150.jpg

It seems ribbons are a returning feature.

Yeah I'd like a nice 100 new pokwmon

Also haven't ribbons allways been there?
Like the recent deoxys event comes with a ribbon

Professor Squirtle

Professor of Rain
..you really support the fairy type idea don't you?

Wikipedia.. A fairy (also faery, faerie, fay, fae; euphemistically wee folk, good folk, people of peace, fair folk, etc.)
Wikipedia...a ghost (sometimes known as a spectre (British English) or specter (American English), phantom, apparition or spook). I love the Spook Type. Gengar is my favorite Spook type.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Huh. All the best info ALWAYS SHOWS UP when I'm at work. CX

So, Pokebeach's rumors were correct...!? I'll be durned. I honestly thought he was being duped, but I'm glad I was wrong. Now the bigger question is how much longer Beach is will hold onto the rest of his info.

I don't know about anyone else though, but I want to see what those ''sky battles'' (the rumor about a new battle type for fliers/levitators?) are going to be about. Can't picture it being anything else. =/

mathfranr

yes but not on that position,they changing it from place hardly means anything but i liked the contest on RSE hope they come back someday

Ace of Shades

GAIZ!! KALOS IS IN A STAR SHAPE, COSMIC TYPE CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!! ALSO MUSICIANS ARE SUPERSTARS SOUND TYPE CONFIRMED!!!!!not that I wouldn't love them

Ok in all seriousness now, did anyone else notice the two protrusions coming out of the back of Pancham? It kind of reminds of those sashes some karate/ninja people wear around their heads and could see them becoming that in an evolution. Maybe the leaf could become a bamboo blowpipe and he could be a Fighting/Dark ninja.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite

I hope it's more then 100...i would say it should be similar to Gen 4..

mathfranr

yes but not on that position,they changing it from place hardly means anything but i liked the contest on RSE hope they come back someday

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk

They never introduced any in the recent games, but they just had them because previous Pokemon had ribbons. Unless they decide to bring back contest, or just new achievement ribbons.

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait

I meant 'return' as in 'reappear' - they appeared in Generation V and will reappear in Generation VI. I have the Deoxys myself, I'm aware that ribbons exist in Generation V. :p

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
Not to be cynical, but just because they got the names "right" doesn't mean anything else they put is right.
I'll have to wait for GF to finalize any of these supposed "leaks"

Status
Not open for further replies.