• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
So far i'm most impressed with how big the Kalos Region is, given the Eiffel Tower city is the new (Castelia, Saffron, Goldenrod) there seem to be a alot of castles placed around the board ?(Gyms?) and it seems to have a lot to do

I'm still not big on Gogoat, but something tells me you'll need that riding feature for those Mountain areas, as for the rest I'm betting Helioptile is the new Mareep line, and we all know how that worked out

Hopefully Fletchling ends up like Staraptor and not Unfeazent

and as for the new Type, Pokemon is made by Genies, meaning if you wish hard enough it will come true (more even competitive battling, evolutions to old Pokemon, G/S remakes)

Luthor

Not to be cynical, but just because they got the names "right" doesn't mean anything else they put is right.
I'll have to wait for GF to finalize any of these supposed "leaks"

i find it unlikely that nothing else they said was true,Simply beacause it would be strange to just have this info. I admit we need to wait to see until things are confirmed. But for pure speculation it is as good a basis as we have right now.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I meant 'return' as in 'reappear' - they appeared in Generation V and will reappear in Generation VI. I have the Deoxys myself, I'm aware that ribbons exist in Generation V. :p

I get you now
And yeah I'd love for contests to return in this gen with improved ways of preforming
Especially with great attacks

Anyway back on topic of Dex
I wonder why it was split in 3 its very interesting
And maybe it will play part in the storyline
Or maybe its because of the amount of pokemon or size of the region

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I hope it's more then 100...i would say it should be similar to Gen 4..

Gen 4's Regional Dex had fewer than 100 newly introduced 'mons, actually.

Considering how the games have been advertised by the total number of Pokemon, rather than how they're usually advertised by the number of new Pokemon, I'd wager that there'll be fewer than 100 new ones.

Blaquaza

Elite Spritist
Is it me, or did Helioptile use Buizel's cry when using Parabolic Charge? I'm almost sure that I heard Buizel's cry, so if I'm right then it's definitely a placeholder cry.

Last edited:

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Not to be cynical, but just because they got the names "right" doesn't mean anything else they put is right.
I'll have to wait for GF to finalize any of these supposed "leaks"

They also got Parabolic Charge's mechanics right, as well as the existence of a Mewtwo form as well. And if Fairy is real, he at least knew about it or Sylveon far before Hirobyte hinted at the former as well.

A healthy dose of skepticism is always welcome when rumors are concerned. Like you said, Beach's leaker could still be wrong somewhere. However, to discredit him now-- when he knew about English Pokemon names (that still boggles my mind), Mewtwo Form(s) and Parabolic Charge months in advance-- that would be a bit too critical. No normal poser should have known about ANY of this that well in advance, even if he were great at guessing.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I like pretty much every one of the new pokemon, though I'm not sure about helioptile, I don't really like it's name and it looks really weird >.>

Grei

not the color
Is it me, or did Helioptile use Buizel's cry when using Parabolic Charge? I'm almost sure that I heard Buizel's cry, so if I'm right then it's definitely a placeholder cry.

It didn't cry at all. The sound you heard was the attack being executed.

WNDR

How reliable is PokéBeach? I've seen that they can leak info, but has there been any controversial or false info that they've leaked?

For BW I was on pokebeach instead of serebii and they didn't release anything false, he was always hesitant in releasing stuff as he is trying to build a better relation with TPCi, I think the leaks are a lot more trusted now they've been proven real in what pokemon have revealed so far.

LeoP2008

Trainer/Coordinator
If Fairy is a real type, I think Milotic deserves to get converted to dual Water/Fairy. Her counterpart, Gyarados, gets two types, so why not her? Likewise, it could possibly boost her from UU to OU status...

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
Gen 4's Regional Dex had fewer than 100 newly introduced 'mons, actually.

Considering how the games have been advertised by the total number of Pokemon, rather than how they're usually advertised by the number of new Pokemon, I'd wager that there'll be fewer than 100 new ones.

Really..that is very surprising..personally i want 110 New Pokemon..

Phantom champion Z

I love gogoats design, hope he has a prevo that is available early on. He just looks so strong and sturdy to bad hes pure grass. maybe he will get an evo that adds a second typing.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
I get you now
And yeah I'd love for contests to return in this gen with improved ways of preforming
Especially with great attacks

Anyway back on topic of Dex
I wonder why it was split in 3 its very interesting
And maybe it will play part in the storyline
Or maybe its because of the amount of pokemon or size of the region

Hopefully they didn't split the region in three so we could start in one part of Kalos and have us wait on the others as free DLC. >_< I say ''free'' since even Nintendo stated they don't plan on shoving pricetags on additional pokemon content, now that it's on the 3DS.

I honestly hope contests don't show up. Indefinitely, as a matter of fact-- but that's just me. I'd much rather have another Pokeathlon simply due to how much more variety it had to offer. If contests weren't your style like in my case, you were pretty much stuck with battles...

ysmr97

I really don't get the 'Fairy' type? Its based off of a CREATURE! Thats so dumb!

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
People on NeoGAF saying Hiro was lying. Anyone know anything about this?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Hopefully they didn't split the region in three so we could start in one part of Kalos and have us wait on the others as free DLC. >_< I say ''free'' since even Nintendo stated they don't plan on shoving pricetags on additional pokemon content, now that it's on the 3DS.

I honestly hope contests don't show up. Indefinitely, as a matter of fact-- but that's just me. I'd much rather have another Pokeathlon simply due to how much more variety it had to offer. If contests weren't your style like in my case, you were pretty much stuck with battles...

I hope the dex is just one single dex despite the amount of mons there are. I think the Dex amount will amount up to 798 Pokémon just because we seem to have experienced in even gens the amount of Pokémon getting close to a hundred number (4th gen: 493)

Status
Not open for further replies.