• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpt11

Well, since it's on the official website now about the new Pokemon, I think the news will be entirely new.

I agree if the coro coro stuff was the new info they wouldnt have update the sites so soon

I really think it will be new info whats the point in telling us something we already know about and has be officially revealed

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
I just don't think GF will name it fairy I mean c'mon fairy GF can think of a better name then fairy

Let's hear it, then. Because, you know, Bug and Dragon aren't very imaginative names for types either.

While I agree Fairy will likely be renamed in translation, I'd be just fine if they left it be. Fairy Type fits Sylveon like a glass shoe to me (seewutididthar?), and we can't rename it Light when Helioptile's virtually based on the concept of Light, yet is still Electric...=/

R_N

but.. isn't the big news being announced by Masuda?
surely he would know what is on the pokemon website,

But people who don't follow corocoro or the website wouldn't know
This corocoro is the biggest set of news, with some of the bigger set of changes to the games in a while, that XY has gotten in months. Why wouldn't he come on to unveil things like 4 new pokemon, a new trailer, etc etc

(Also smash is recorded months in advance so)

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I agree if the coro coro stuff was the new info they wouldnt have update the sites so soon

I really think it will be new info whats the point in telling us something we already know about and has be officially revealed

But little kids aren't forced to be checking up on new news on the official site all the time. Smash will relay the contents of CoroCoro most likely, with maybe some new news, but it's not going to be anything like another bunch of Pokémon or anything.

R_N

Other thing to take note of: The Japanese XY Website has not updated with anything from CoroCoro

gpt11

But little kids aren't forced to be checking up on new news on the official site all the time. Smash will relay the contents of CoroCoro most likely, with maybe some new news, but it's not going to be anything like another bunch of Pokémon or anything.

you have to think though the news isnt for us... it is for people in japan as its on Pokemon Smash so if they are Pokemon fans chances are they have seen CoroCoro

But still I can hope lol

FallBird

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Other thing to take note of: The Japanese XY Website has not updated with anything from CoroCoro

even further reason to believe smash won't be anything but a recap of corocoro's info. I don't mind too much though, it was a lot of info anyway.

storm12

Weather Bearer
It's the dual-type attacks bit that really throws me off. If ever there is an unlikely happening, that is it.

I think that it might only be something on Legendaries or even just Arceus and involving the plates.

OR it might have been a misinterpreted piece of information. If it is true, I don't think there will be many of them and they probably won't be able to deal more than 4x effective damage otherwise it would definitely be broken.

I just don't think GF will name it fairy I mean c'mon fairy GF can think of a better name then fairy

For a (potential)concept based around Fairies and the existence of an Egg group already called Fairy. Besides, if you consider it more thoroughly there is nothing wrong with Fairy as name! It is a cool name for a cool type :D

gpt11

I wonder why ours updated a day before CoroCoro was officially released and the Pokemon revealed?... did we go rogue?

R_N

I wonder why ours updated a day before CoroCoro was officially released and the Pokemon revealed?... did we go rogue?

Due to the magic of ~TIMEZONES~ we didn't really update a day early. CoroCoro is officially out and about now.

Regality

Digital King

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I'm pretty sure the Japanese site usually updates by the time I wake up in the UK, so usually late morning If I remember correctly (don't quote me haha!)

you have to think though the news isnt for us... it is for people in japan as its on Pokemon Smash so if they are Pokemon fans chances are they have seen CoroCoro
But still I can hope lol

I'm fully aware of the audience of Pokémon Smash. And not every Pokémon fan will buy CoroCoro or think to check the site, Pokémon Smash is another line of communication between Pokémon and the fans.

Pokémon Smash, 8/10 has just relayed info we've had from CoroCoro. Only huge announcements (Like Black 2/White 2 and a times when Pokémon have been unofficially revealed through trailers etc.) have happened on Smash first. Most of the time Smash has never been the first source for new information.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I have something to say about the Granbull becoming a Fairy type. One main complaint is oh Fairy is too girly or what nonsense they were spouting. If Granbull was retyped to Fairy though it could be Gamefreak showing everyone, "The Fairy you are thinking of is not the Fairy we are thinking of."

So is fairy confirmed now?

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod

THat's odd, actually, maybe they're going to be revealing some more things on Smash and is waiting to update until then?

Status
Not open for further replies.