• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

humilau

Mister Fisher!
Competitive players are also part of the fandom, dear. Like it or not.
I just agree that Sound and Light sounds silly as a new type. Light MAYBE can work then again it would be kinda weird since Psychic is already fulfilling that role already.

In any case fans are forgetting to see where it needs to be seen. Everything that doesn't fit the other categories fall under the Normal or the ??? category. So THERE IS where they should look for new types.

I would even like Magic rather than Sound or Light since it's more generic and more moves can fall into that category. Or Alien. Or whatever. But SOUND is pretty lame for a typing and Light is too much Psychic rip-off.

I can even THINK on the Pokemon it could has (Clefable line, Togepi line, Castform, Smeargle, Porygon (?), Audino, Mr Mime, Unown, Lunatone, Solrock, Chimecho, Sigiliph...And maybe Misdreavus line) and the place in the chart (Effective against Fighting, Dark and Ghost and weak to Psychic and maybe Dragon. You know, co'z Dragons are stronger in magic(??) )

Anyway, what I'm trying to prove here is that people oversees how balanced the game is and there is no need yet to implement something new because you can still construct with the ones you have already. Even if you repeat Pokemon dual types, you've almost infinite combination when it comes to moves, abilities and stats to be made and enough concepts to keep enjoying Pokemon for a long time. There is no need to insert something that would cause unbalance if doesn't bring something interesting into the table either.

Wouldn't Magic be more of a 'ripoff' of Psychic? To me, Psychic as an element is just heightened inner senses, that kinda sounds magical to me. Then again, lots of Ghost and Dark type moves sound magical too. I'd expect Light to work as a direct opposite of Dark, though like you said, there's the neutral Normal-type. Sound just sounds flimsy to me but I understand lots of people want it too.

Agree with you wholly in your last argument though. Whatever type combinations they come up with it depends on the Pokemon itself and the way it is designed.

On the discussion of bug types, yeah they pretty much got a lot of glory in Gen V (Champion in BW used 3 bugs) but do you think this generation, any other types would get the 'royal' treatment? Not saying that bugs did get the royal treatment in actuality, just to those who sorta notice it that way. Personally I think its because that Bug seems more of like a 'novelty' type as compared to the other elements, thats why their pronounced identity in Gen V was kinda noticeable.

hevver

Heart of Darkness
tumblr_mh3gtbeMXw1rw7u8ro1_1280.png

Ice/Psychic

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
Wouldn't Magic be more of a 'ripoff' of Psychic? To me, Psychic as an element is just heightened inner senses, that kinda sounds magical to me. Then again, lots of Ghost and Dark type moves sound magical too. I'd expect Light to work as a direct opposite of Dark, though like you said, there's the neutral Normal-type. Sound just sounds flimsy to me but I understand lots of people want it too.

Agree with you wholly in your last argument though. Whatever type combinations they come up with it depends on the Pokemon itself and the way it is designed.

On the discussion of bug types, yeah they pretty much got a lot of glory in Gen V (Champion in BW used 3 bugs) but do you think this generation, any other types would get the 'royal' treatment? Not saying that bugs did get the royal treatment in actuality, just to those who sorta notice it that way. Personally I think its because that Bug seems more of like a 'novelty' type as compared to the other elements, thats why their pronounced identity in Gen V was kinda noticeable.

I completely agree as far as Royal treatment goes. Bugs got a lot of new toys to play with, like quiver dance, and really good bug type pokemon like Volcarona and such. If they were to enhance a type, I sure hope its the Normal type. Yes I know, we already have a bunch of normal types, some being quite good. Except think about it. Normal types have only 5 type combinations available. Normal - Normal/Water - Normal/Psychic - Normal/Fighting - Normal/Flying. Mind you there are only 2 Nomal/Water pokemon, 2 Normal Psychic (1 of them being Meloetta) and 1 Normal/Fighting (Again Meloetta).

Normal types are pretty much built up of the standard Normal and Normal/Flying Types, with neither being able to combat the common Fighting and/or Eletric/Ice attacks with reasonable ease. Normal types are forced to fight with solely there movepools, abilities, items and stats alone. Which is why they are my favorite type - they slay the supernaturals! <3
Though with this said I feel, the normal type should get a bit of attention from gamefreak. Give them a break from the wallops they receive. Give them...dare I say it....a
NORMAL/GHOST pokemon! Immunity to fighting, ghost, and normal attacks. Can't get better then that.

pokemonbw01

Who's the daddy? Me!
If a new type is invented I would wish for the type and another one type to be super effeevtive against each other.

Ampharoid

AMPHAROS TREYNUR
I agree with having a bug gym leader, but having the bug gym too late in the game almost guarantees you'll have at least one fire type. And fire types just destroy bugs

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
I like to see a Dark Gym Leader with the combo of Houndoom, Mightyena and the trump card of a new Pokemon, 2 levels stronger then the previous two. Maybe it is an evolve form of either 2 or an evolve form of Absol or Stuntank. I just hope.

Ver-mont

I agree with having a bug gym leader, but having the bug gym too late in the game almost guarantees you'll have at least one fire type. And fire types just destroy bugs
Isn't that true for any type?

You'll certainly have something to counter any type they choose by the time you reach the last Gyms.

Status
Not open for further replies.