• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorgaz

Veteran
Farfetch'd NEEDS an evolution.
Steel/Flying or Fighting/Flying would be good for me.

Fighting/Flying Farfetch'd evo would be bad ***! Do want :D

New type combinations yes, but I agree with DarkSword, no completely new types introduced please. The 17 type formula has worked great since Generation II, we don't need new types introduced in Gen VI now. I know that doesn't mean it couldn't happen, but I'd like if the types were kept the same as they are.

There are still many possibilities for type combinations so far unexplored, e.g. Fire/Water, Fire/Grass, Fire/Ice, Ice/Steel, Normal/Ghost, Psychic/Dark... and so many more. We don't need new types to give us interesting and new type combinations.

Yeah agree 100%, and alot of us seem to. Really hope they try to cover most of the type combos missing this gen!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Meh, I don't really think Poison can go anywhere as a type until they give it at least one type advantage that isn't shared by 4 other types. Water and/or Fighting would be good.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Leavanny's not that bad either. My pretty bada** if I do say so myself. I think that Gen 5 did good with the bugs, a lot better than the other Gens did.

That isn't saying much imo. I guess I don't like bug types that much.

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
We don't need new types, at most all we need is to fix the type chart. Give Poison more type advantages. Give Ice type more resistances. The type chart isn't quite balanced yet, it could use some more work.

I agree with this actually. Poison is pretty useless on its own, with it's only advantage being to Grass which has quite a few weaknesses that are more common and better offensively already. And I never really noticed Ice's lack of resistances until a few days ago. Ice being only resistant to itself is quite hindering, especially when considering it also has quite a few weaknesses. I'd say perhaps make types like Bug or Psychic be resisted by Ice, or better yet - Grass and Flying, considering Ice is super effective against them.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
For new fossil types i would LOVE to see a prehistoric Bug type.

What did Armaldo do :(

Quick thing would we be seeing more/new and previous fire types given that there was a potential fire gym/E4 thing in the trailer? I really hope so I've used Daramanitan which turned out to be awesome and Chandelure and a few other cool fire types but there's not many to use which is annoying so im hopeful that this new game will bring there numbers up to level the playing field and not as many water types.

Granteed there's 70+% of water on the planet and therefore plently of water types but maybe curb the numbers slightly cant wait to see the new ones though.

Would love to see the new fossils for the game.

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
For new fossil types i would LOVE to see a prehistoric Bug type.

-points at Anorith/Armaldo-

But sure, another one couldn't hurt.

One thing I would like to see in this Generation is an evolution for poor Mawile. It really needs one. I was thinking maybe Dark/Steel with great Attack, and great Defense to help against Fighting types.

WaterMasterDD

Water Trainer
Love so many of these idea, especially the bolded ones. For the Panda I think it should start out as Grass and then evolve into either Grass/Fighting or Grass/Steel by having a Bamboo sword. I'd also change the Dodo into just normal and make it be the Magikarp of this generation where it's ineffectual, but it's evolution is superpowerful.

Also want a prevo for Girafirig and maybe it's evolution could be two separate pokemon where the front and back split apart for good? We've had alternative evo's but never a pokemon separate into two when it evolves- would be quite interesting.

Ninjask/Shedinja? So long as there was a space in your team when Nincada evolves into Ninjask, you get Shedinja too! However, I'd be up for another Pokémon like that!

Keerling

Also want a prevo for Girafirig and maybe it's evolution could be two separate pokemon where the front and back split apart for good? We've had alternative evo's but never a pokemon separate into two when it evolves- would be quite interesting.

I thought ninjask and shedinja separated in two, you needed an open slot when they evolved.

Except that one of the alternates went to the PC box, Shedninja was annoying not to do so.

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer

EliJolesy

We don't need new types, at most all we need is to fix the type chart. Give Poison more type advantages. Give Ice type more resistances. The type chart isn't quite balanced yet, it could use some more work.

And yeah, I expect some new type combos this gen as always.

That may fix it but be just as confusing as new types. I could see them going either way though. I wouldn't mind new types.

Ampharoid

AMPHAROS TREYNUR
Ninjask/Shedinja? So long as there was a space in your team when Nincada evolves into Ninjask, you get Shedinja too! However, I'd be up for another Pokémon like that!

It would have an interesting design , considering one half is a tiny ball with a face on a stick

Ungoliath

Not a GenWunner
img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/f0374baded2f6b6e9417f527549e9abb/tumblr_mh3gtbeMXw1rw7u8ro1_1280.png[/img]
Ice/Psychic
Awesome. Plain awesome.

You know what I'd quite like to see? A pseudo legendary based on a goat!

http://kazzooki.deviantart.com/gallery/41567404#/d5jety1 Maybe looking something like this?
You'll all kill me, but I want something like this.
Without the fashion stuff, anyway.

Wouldn't Magic be more of a 'ripoff' of Psychic? To me, Psychic as an element is just heightened inner senses, that kinda sounds magical to me. Then again, lots of Ghost and Dark type moves sound magical too. I'd expect Light to work as a direct opposite of Dark, though like you said, there's the neutral Normal-type. Sound just sounds flimsy to me but I understand lots of people want it too.

Agree with you wholly in your last argument though. Whatever type combinations they come up with it depends on the Pokemon itself and the way it is designed.
Yes, yes it would. Exactly my point. Even if you could make a distinction (and a strict one) in the end is the same.
Also, I did that just to prove my point.
Another elephant Pokémon (a BIG one, sorry Donphan)
Interesting.
I would love if it is an Arabian War-Elephant.

I appreciate that you state your position and reasonings against new types without dismissing them outright with anger.

I do want to address the points I bolded in your text though
1) If Psychic was fulfilling the role of a Light type, it wouldn't have 0x effect against Dark- instead it would have 2x effect.

2) I think in some ways Magic abilities could be divided between Dark and Light types (as there is white magic- ie good and black magic- ie bad)

3) If they introduced Light, Sound and my #1 hope Alien/Space I'm sure GF would keep balance within the chart- yes this might entail re-balancing the effects between two already introduced types, but that would keep everyone on their toes and be a welcome addition to competitive play (One that I don't understand from a logical perspective is why Ice has only 1/2x effect against water- shouldn't it be more effective)
1) Well, going technical there is Dark when there is no light :p Anyway, Light is no counterpart of the Pokemon Type Dark since the real name is "Evil" so the counterpart should be "Good" or "Pure" or something among those lines.

2) LOL, I was kidding with the Magic Typing.

3) I'm sure they'll do that. But somehow think that the retro-active changes will be incoherent even with the inner story of Pokemon. What about people who wants the previous typing? What about those Pokemon who benefit more for the previous typing? What if the typing becomes too overpowered and they end to change the abilities to compensate it? What if people really want the older version without that typing?
You see, it's far more complicated than just adding. If we were at Gen II, or even III I could say yes. But we're already too far to introduce something like that.

4) About the change on the Ice type....Yes, there should be some changes in the chart. But that wouldn't affect too much the gameplay, only the metagame. Not sure if I'm explaining myself properly >_>

That may fix it but be just as confusing as new types. I could see them going either way though. I wouldn't mind new types.

This is the attitude I like. You all have good points, but seriously, new types would be fun. I mean, GF will balance the chart, and there's never anything wrong with taking the new. I mean, if they just adjust one to two current type relations to make the new chart balanced, it's not the end of the world. Of course, the little kids who don't do all this competitive stuff (the target audience) will just be like "There's new types? Cool!" and "My Ice move didn't do much against that Grass type?" They don't care about that, and majority of Pokemon players are little kids, not giant nerds (I'm not pointing fingers, but BBtheASH, IMO) who love to get on GTS and give away lvl. 100 Lucarios for lvl. 9. Palkias.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
That may fix it but be just as confusing as new types.

That's because they typically don't give you access to the type chart, it's a matter of trial and error. That's something they need to fix, give players access to the type chart, it's really hard for newbies to learn the game when they make crucial mechanics like this invisible to the player.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
Saw this on Deviantart, thought I should share.
Girafarig evo concept.
RAOROAR_by_darksilvania.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.