• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I really, really hope that Sylveon is a Bug, or Flying, or Normal, or whatever, just not Fairy. I really dislike designs that are extensively girly and only exist to be cute(see- Lilligant, Gardevoir, Bellossom, and Audino[note I don't hate any Pokemon that's kind of girlish, like Gothitelle or Wigglytuff, just ones that are clear-cut made for little girls whose minds are filled with happy rainbows and unicorns]). I prefer designs that are absurd and creepy like Dusclops and Shedinja(also why I love Porygon-Z). A Fairy type just seems like something too weird, even for GameFreak(yes, I KNOW you can somewhat present the same argument for Dragons, but I'm not that big a fan of Dragons either). I'd prefer something like Sound, Cyber, or even Light, if I was forced to make a new type, because I don't like new types at all and would prefer just to stay as is.

Fairies don't have to be girly, there are a ton of mythologies and folklore that portray them much more differently then people give them credit for (for instance, goblins can be considered fairies).

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I really, really hope that Sylveon is a Bug, or Flying, or Normal, or whatever, just not Fairy. I really dislike designs that are extensively girly and only exist to be cute(see- Lilligant, Gardevoir, Bellossom, and Audino[note I don't hate any Pokemon that's kind of girlish, like Gothitelle or Wigglytuff, just ones that are clear-cut made for little girls whose minds are filled with happy rainbows and unicorns]). I prefer designs that are absurd and creepy like Dusclops and Shedinja(also why I love Porygon-Z). A Fairy type just seems like something too weird, even for GameFreak(yes, I KNOW you can somewhat present the same argument for Dragons, but I'm not that big a fan of Dragons either). I'd prefer something like Sound, Cyber, or even Light, if I was forced to make a new type, because I don't like new types at all and would prefer just to stay as is.

>.< I hate when I ramble.

Also, I really want them to create something based on a firework. Maybe Dragon/Fire fodder?

Who said Fairy-Types will be girly? Der Grossman, better known as Slenderman's basis, is a fairy. Does Slender look like Tinkerbell to you? And there will always be girly Pokemon. They're trying to reach a bigger audience. Do you think it's fair on girl players to play a game with mostly boy characters? That's why Crystal took the bold step of adding a girl PC, and it was received and dealt with very well. You can't just dismiss a type due to your opinion.

I'd like a Jynx evo based on Nicki Minaj Khione, the Greek goddess of Snow. It matches with Jynx's Female Only thing. It turns from the ugly Jynx to a graceful slender woman. It has a tiara made of ice. Perhaps with Snow Warning as an ability?

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
Goblins? O.O

Well, that solves my primary problem, although I'm still not particularly fond of the idea(or any new types, for that matter).

Also I kinda want something based on the bee-mimic orchid. Maybe something that is immune to Bug moves and causes infatuation whenever hit by one?

EDIT: To MidnightFennekin: OH DEAR GOD NO NOT SLENDERMAN

Like I said above though, I apologize for my rashness. I understand the idea behind girly Pokemon, but I'd like at the very least for them to be usable. Most of them suck and are cute fodder.

I don't even have that much problem with a fairy-Pokemon itself, but dedicating an entire type to it seems a bit much.

Although I might be entertained by a Dark/Fairy based on Der Grossman.

Finally, I think your idea for a Jynx evolution makes far more sense that most of what's out there.

Last edited:

legnak

Alvion Region it is!
Yeah but I meant eyes like venonat or butterfree, they don't look bug like, their more like victini's cute eyes

I would have imagined a bug Eevee evo to look mildly like this:
074insecteon.png

then again, I'd imagine flying like this one:
075zyphereon.png

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
But seriously, I'd like a Khione Jynx evo. Jynx needs an evo, and it'd be really nice to see Eviolite Jynx being the queen of NU/RU/UU!

Also, a Xatu evo called Ma'atu or Matu. Xatu has a mythology theme, and Ma'at is the hieroglyph/Egyptian term for Peace. It would be more bird like, with a totem pole tail. Very high speed and sp.attack, with good defenses, mediocre HP and crappy Attack.

And on the topic of Psychic/Flying-Types, Sigilyph and Swoobat evos would be awesome!

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
I always pictured a Xatu evolution being called Klatu (from Klaatu Barada Nicto, those magic words from that movie I can't remember), but Matu is nice too.

A Sigilyph evolution might be a better candidate for a totem pole though, IMO.

Also, Eviolite probably wouldn't help Jynx that much. She'd still prefer Choice Scarf/Specs/Life Orb.

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

>.< I hate when I ramble.

Also, I really want them to create something based on a firework. Maybe Dragon/Fire fodder?

I have never met a girl gamer under the age of 12. Why would Pokémon, especially the girly ones, appeal to a younger female audience? It doesn't seem to be the point of making "girly" Pokémon to introduce younger females to the franchise. I mean, nowadays, females seem to be aspiring to become more independent and stronger beings (Annabeth from the Olympians series, Hermione from Harry Potter series, Merida from Brave, Katniss from the Hunger Games series). Also, the females I've met, no matter what age, don't have such a mindset of ideal and fake feminine concepts such as rainbows and unicorns (those are for bronies, thank you very much). Don't go generalizing people like that, it makes me and others sick.
Sylveon may not appeal to such audiences, and it's just another Eeveelution for us Eevee lovers (I actually just like the first three evos, sorry). I don't want another type, but if GameFreak is presenting it, we'll eventually let it pass. Fairy does sound horridly childish, though, but it's not like they're (GF) is shoving the new type down our throats. We just don't choose to accept it, that's all.

A firework could be Ground/Flying (dynamite or gunpowder from fireworks in the olden days, as well as the obvious flight part). Or Fire/Flying with a higher HP content to have better resistance to Stealth Rock or attacks after getting afflicted by SR.
Just not Fire/Dragon firework, unless it's like the ***-blasters from Tremors 3, which were bird-like creatures that had two organs that produced different fluids that cause high-pressured combustion when mixed, and the combustion would shoot from the behinds to send them into the air, much like a firework.

I know you just read that, and thought, "DaFUQ did I just read?"

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
As I said, sorry. But unfortunately, that's how many of the girl gamers I know behave, especially with Pokemon. It just really bugs me and I realize that post was childish, I suppose it was more of a way to express how annoyed I am at all of these people who a) go around parading the Fairy type as if it's already made or b) only like cute Pokemon because of their cuteness.

Your idea of a Ground/Flying firework sort of makes sense to me... maybe Fire/Ground with levitate? It still probably wouldn't be that good, granted, but it would be neutral to Stealth Rock and immune to Ground. Or maybe Electric/Ground, since it's actually a pretty neat combo unfortunately taken up by a mediocre Pokemon(before I offend more people, I love Stunfisk, but its stats really let it down).

I still am against Fairies, but thanks to you people who actually read my nonsense, I am against it less. :)

And actually, I did not dafuq at all.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
As I said, sorry. But unfortunately, that's how many of the girl gamers I know behave, especially with Pokemon. It just really bugs me and I realize that post was childish, I suppose it was more of a way to express how annoyed I am at all of these people who a) go around parading the Fairy type as if it's already made or b) only like cute Pokemon because of their cuteness.

Your idea of a Ground/Flying firework sort of makes sense to me... maybe Fire/Ground with levitate? It still probably wouldn't be that good, granted, but it would be neutral to Stealth Rock and immune to Ground. Or maybe Electric/Ground, since it's actually a pretty neat combo unfortunately taken up by a mediocre Pokemon(before I offend more people, I love Stunfisk, but its stats really let it down).

I still am against Fairies, but thanks to you people who actually read my nonsense, I am against it less. :)

Those. People. Need. To stop!

For a firework, Fire/Ground with Levitate is a good idea, but with Surfers and FallFetish (Waterfall Abusers) Pokémon, not to mention the dominance of Water types in the whole PokéDex, it's a frail typing. Ground/Flying sounds risky, since a firework Pokemon sounds like a glass cannon (please. No puns intended.) rather than a bulky Pokémon that Gliscor can be, but a fast firework with such typing could be the answer to countering pokemon like Heatran, and the slew of Fighting types that are or can be OU.

Who said Fairy-Types will be girly? Der Grossman, better known as Slenderman's basis, is a fairy. Does Slender look like Tinkerbell to you? And there will always be girly Pokemon. They're trying to reach a bigger audience. Do you think it's fair on girl players to play a game with mostly boy characters? That's why Crystal took the bold step of adding a girl PC, and it was received and dealt with very well. You can't just dismiss a type due to your opinion.

I'd like a Jynx evo based on Nicki Minaj Khione, the Greek goddess of Snow. It matches with Jynx's Female Only thing. It turns from the ugly Jynx to a graceful slender woman. It has a tiara made of ice. Perhaps with Snow Warning as an ability?

Both would scare the crap outta me.

I don't another Snow Warning Pokemon, just because hail is more strict than sand (sand gives room for Ground, Rock, and Steel, Hail is merciless unless you're Ice typed).
Maybe SlenderWoman Minaj-Khione can chase us around snowy forests as well! Looking forward to that!

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
People are acting like it is real, since it most likely is real. Only not officially announced yet~

And since I am fully sure it is real, I act like it is. ^^ And I'm very happy to finally have a new Type. As long as it is handled well.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
Those. People. Need. To stop!

Thank you.

I actually think MORE Snow Warners would be useful, considering that Hail is easily the least threatening weather currently in the metagame. Maybe not damage Water or Fire types, since water and fire both melt Ice.

Also it needs more benefits for Ice types, maybe raise Defense in the same way sand raises Sp. Defense for Rock types?

You know what we're probably going to get, though? A baby Luvdisc/Alomomola. It evolves into either one of them depending on if it focuses on passive or romantic love. Fans complain that Luvdisc and Alomomola should be linked, and this is how GameFreak is gonna do it. although it will be tough on them to make a baby stronger than its adult form

EDIT: Dammit, MasterofMonsters, why;d you put that goddamn thing in your sig?!?!

And I still disagree. Because I feel like it.

Remember when everyone still thought Sylveon was Light-type?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
@Z-nogyroP
Because I couldn't find anything more creepy. :3

And you can disagree if you want. Each his own. But I see a lot of evidence to the existence of a New Type, specifically, Fairy, and basically none for it Not to exist. ^^ In any case, we'll most likely see in the next CoroCoro.

Either way, the Sylveon Typing needs to be stopped~

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
^Ehh, I'm still against it. I'd also like to see the evidence you have for it to exist.

My evidence that it doesn't exist is that there are 649 of the damn things right now, and adding a new type now seems kinda useless and hard to fit in smoothly. Dark and Steel were only introduced to balance the overpowered Psychics, and there's nothing too overpowered right now(Fighting can still be handled, thanks to Prankster and Reuniclus). Types are generally elemental things(grass, fire, rock, etc) and Fairy doesn't sound too elemental. Finally, there have been three generations gone by where types could have easily been added. Sound for Whismur. Cyber for Porygon-Z. Light for Reshiram. Each time, there was nothing.

Anyway, as you said, to each his own.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Thank you.

I actually think MORE Snow Warners would be useful, considering that Hail is easily the least threatening weather currently in the metagame. Maybe not damage Water or Fire types, since water and fire both melt Ice.

Also it needs more benefits for Ice types, maybe raise Defense in the same way sand raises Sp. Defense for Rock types?

You know what we're probably going to get, though? A baby Luvdisc/Alomomola. It evolves into either one of them depending on if it focuses on passive or romantic love. Fans complain that Luvdisc and Alomomola should be linked, and this is how GameFreak is gonna do it. although it will be tough on them to make a baby stronger than its adult form

Did not know that, good thing I use Physical attackers for sand counters. But I don't think GameFreak will change hail to do that for Ice types, unfortuneately.

Maybe Luvdisc and Alomamola are like the Roselia family backwards. The middle Pokémon would be released later than its preevo and evo.
Give Luvdisc a Heart Scale and it evolves into the bridge Pokemon in the family.

Also, Solrock and Lunatone can be Light type sicne they're both based on the sun and moon.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
^Ehh, I'm still against it. I'd also like to see the evidence you have for it to exist.

My evidence that it doesn't exist is that there are 649 of the damn things right now, and adding a new type now seems kinda useless and hard to fit in smoothly. Dark and Steel were only introduced to balance the overpowered Psychics, and there's nothing too overpowered right now(Fighting can still be handled, thanks to Prankster and Reuniclus). Finally, there have been three generations gone by where types could have easily been added. Sound for Whismur. Cyber for Porygon-Z. Light for Reshiram. Each time, there was nothing.

Anyway, as you said, to each his own.

Indeed, each his own. ^^ And I would state the 'evidence', but I've done that so much I've decided not to anymore. People talk about it often enough here anyways.

But, the fact that they haven't added any new types these three past gens isn't a reason not to ever add one. ^^ Plus, some Pokémon will be re-typed (not too many, I think). And, Dragon is very owerpowered and Poison is very underpowered. That's why Fairy is immune to Dragon, and Poison is SE against it. ^^ Much better.

So, well, not gonna argue about anything, so let's just see what happens. Either way, this Gen is awesome so far.

Lady Anya

Just going to comment on two things that I read as a non-member.

First, someone mentioned a Bug/Dragon Pokemon. I agree with this completely, but please tell me I wasn't the only one who immediately though "Bug/Dragon" when Haxorus was first leaked? That thing, in my opinion, screams Bug-type, to me.

Also, as for the girly cute stuff. I can see where you're coming from, but not that many of the girly Pokemon you mentioned are actually that bad. I admit, I put a Lilligant in my Party in White 2 mostly because of it's girliness, but that thing is actually kind of badass. She's probably the third best on my team, actually.

That's kinda off-topic, but my point is that those girly Pokemon have more potential than people give them credit for, and it could be the same with Fairy-types IF the Fairies do turn out to be mainly girly.

Anyway, for years I've had the idea of bipedal polar bear Pokemon. Obviously, as of Generation 5 we were given Beartic, but the issue I have is that a Pokemon like Beartic could've easily been Ice/Fighting. And that's the typing I had in mind for my polar bear Pokemon.

Maybe a polar bear is out of the question, but I still think Ice/Fighting would make an interesting type combination.

And I am fully supportive of a Grass/Ghost Jack-o-lantern line, similar to that of Chandelure's line.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
That sounds cool. Luvdisc would actually maybe be kinda possibly okay in LC if you gave it a lot of team support.

The thing I really find hilarious, though, is how they made a Pokemon that embodies love, and made it suck. Wonder how many guys at GameFreak have been broken up with.

EDIT: Thank you for someone else thinking Haxorus would be Bug/Dragon.

They could have pulled it off. They could have done it awesomely. But noooo, they made him pure Dragon and leave everyone still wanting a Bug/Dragon.

I'd prefer a Grass/Fire Jack-o-lantern line, personally, but whatevs. As long as it gets Flash Fire.

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Indeed, each his own. ^^ And I would state the 'evidence', but I've done that so much I've decided not to anymore. People talk about it often enough here anyways.

But, the fact that they haven't added any new types these three past gens isn't a reason not to ever add one. ^^ Plus, some Pokémon will be re-typed (not too many, I think). And, Dragon is very owerpowered and Poison is very underpowered. That's why Fairy is immune to Dragon, and Poison is SE against it. ^^ Much better.

So, well, not gonna argue about anything, so let's just see what happens. Either way, this Gen is awesome so far.

Doesn't change the fact that Poison does neutral damage to Dragon, but Dragons can have ground moves to kill Poison types. Fairy wouldn't really balance it out much. Maybe Drapion and Skuntank could become great friends in OU with Dragons, but that sounds like it.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Doesn't change the fact that Poison does neutral damage to Dragon, but Dragons can have ground moves to kill Poison types. Fairy wouldn't really balance it out much. Maybe Drapion and Skuntank could become great friends in OU with Dragons, but that sounds like it.

Well, adding a Type immune to Dragon will make Dragons less usefull, and making Poison good against the thing that kills Dragon, should make Poison better, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.