• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Thank you for the correction mate.

You think we could see a Lapress in the game. Seeing that its based on various parts in Europe (mostly Paris) we could see
an event where there is a Lapress and its mistaken for a monster, like the Lockness Monster in Ireland.

It's only France that Kalos is covering...not various parts of mostly Paris. I want Lapras in with an evo, though.

cyberworrier94

Story Writer
Wait, has there ever been a pokemon based on a Guerrilla?

Everlasting

Everything stays.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Slaking says hi

I never said I didn't know Slaking was similar to one. I just asked if he really meant gorilla. Well yes, Slaking is a 'bit based on a gorilla, but mostly on a sloth. But Slaking's not really... hot looking. I hope we get another gorilla, 'would be cool.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
No way was slaking a gorilla?

Not completely, but Slaking was partly based on one
Bulbapedia said:
It appears to draw inspiration from sloths and some form of ape. The inspiration from sloths makes it somewhat resemble a Megatherium, also known as the Giant Ground Sloth, however, it more closely resembles a gorilla.

But I do get what you mean. If we do get another gorilla pokémon, I just hope it doesn't get Truant for its ability too

Last edited:

Regality

Digital King

Well then, you learn something new every day.
But I do think a proper gorilla would be nice. (If people can bear to have more monkey type pokemon)

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Well then, you learn something new every day.
But I do think a proper gorilla would be nice. (If people can bear to have more monkey type pokemon)

We always have a regional monkey, so yeah. There could be another one (or two) in XY.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader

But I do get what you mean. If we do get another gorilla pokémon, I just hope it doesn't get Truant for its ability too

It does say it resembles one but it was never stated that it is based on one.

We always have a regional monkey, so yeah. There could be another one (or two) in XY.
Are you counting Slaking as Hoenn's regional monkey? Otherwise, I don't think there was one in gen 3.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
It does say it resembles one but it was never stated that it is based on one.

Are you counting Slaking as Hoenn's regional monkey? Otherwise, I don't think there was one in gen 3.

Yeah, there was no monkey in Hoenn. I guess we can still count Slaking as one. It's not like it wasn't bearing ressemblances with a gorilla at all.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Yeah, there was no monkey in Hoenn. I guess we can still count Slaking as one. It's not like it wasn't bearing ressemblances with a gorilla at all.

Yes. I am considering Slaking as one since it's no longer a Sloth (design-wise).

It was definitely closer to a gorilla than a sloth. It was a sloth of course, it was just more gorilla-like.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
It was definitely closer to a gorilla than a sloth. It was a sloth of course, it was just more gorilla-like.

But there's also Meditite.
Some people forget that this little creature is also a monkey/or other kind of primate.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yes. I am considering Slaking as one since it's no longer a Sloth (design-wise).

I wonder why the heck the thing turned into a Gorilla lol, specially the claws, I really liked Vigoroth, Slaking is cool though but weird if we takea second to think about it and now trhat I remember this, Vigoroth getting a split evolution where it actually has claws and is still a sloth(a fast sloth just to joke around) would be cool.

metalbryce

Observer
We did have Nosepass who was based off of the Easter Island statue/compass (and Probopass too but mixed with the Wooly Willie™ concept) but maybe a Thinker-like creature that's Rock/Psychic where its ability is that they usually wait and think what the Pokémon might do next and make heist with an action.
That thinker one would be cool. It could have high special attack and speed. It could be perfectly still as it processed all possible scenarios and chose its perfect move and then it could quickly strike, so quickly that people rarely see it more because if they blink they'll miss it move. And that way it always appears statuesque.

boisechris

The Strategist
Jiggy
The Hip Hop Pokemon
When Jiggy hears a sly beat, it cannot help but to get down to flavor town.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Jorge565

Magikarp
I think what we really need is some new weather Pokemon a snow warning Pokemon more than any other imo

Status
Not open for further replies.