• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Flip-flopping on that 100%, huh?

Well, May is pretty much over (I think this is the last week in May already), so we only have another 2 weeks (after this one finishes, of course) and the next Corocoro will be released. Maybe we'll know by then. Hasn't SMASH been doing 'Eevee' tests or something the last couple of times? It shouldn't be too much longer till its fully revealed.

Until then, we have plenty of rumors and new pokemon to discuss to hold us over without resorting to Sylveon speculation. He's been discussed so much since his reveal in February that I think most people are burnt out on him lol. I really like the idea of that Dark/Psychic Octopus thing that evolves by flipping the 3DS over. It's still just a rumor (and Im only assuming its an Octopus), but its really intriguing. Inkay (Ink) and Malimar (caLIMARi)...that's all I got for my reasoning, but whatever.
Yeah, I'm thinking of getting into politics.

I don't know if im willing to flip my 3ds over, I don't want to risk breaking it.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Too bad, it could not be clearer that they are false. If somebody believes them, then either they haven't been around this franchise that long or are basing truth on what they want, which is foolish in the highest degree.

Oh? PokéBeach just managed to guess the four names right, plus that new Move? Yeah, immediately fake. >_>

Yveltal96

A little more human
Oh? PokéBeach just managed to guess the four names right, plus that new Move? Yeah, immediately fake. >_>

that doesn't make it entirely credible either. I talked to WPM and his source. WPM and Tai both know that MageLeif added in some fake info originally so he wouldn't get in trouble with TPCi (which he did). So, that's why some of that info could be fake. It's just a matter of deciphering what is fake in that and what isn't.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
that doesn't make it entirely credible either. I talked to WPM and his source. WPM and Tai both know that MageLeif added in some fake info originally so he wouldn't get in trouble with TPCi (which he did). So, that's why some of that info could be fake. It's just a matter of deciphering what is fake in that and what isn't.

I've been following that very closely, and the last I heard, WPM has seen him write that he did add fake info, but WPM is kinda sure he's just doing that to make the info seem fake. I can't explain it well, you'd have to search the Forums and read it all.

Of course the info can be fake, but from what I've gathered, there's enough truth for me to believe it. :D

Yveltal96

A little more human
I've been following that very closely, and the last I heard, WPM has seen him write that he did add fake info, but WPM is kinda sure he's just doing that to make the info seem fake. I can't explain it well, you'd have to search the Forums and read it all.

Of course the info can be fake, but from what I've gathered, there's enough truth for me to believe it. :D

well i talked to WPM and MageLeif. Tai and WPM know that some of that info is fake regardless of what you've seen in threads.
I'm not saying it is all fake, just that MageLeif threw in some extra info to throw off TPCi

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
well i talked to WPM and MageLeif. Tai and WPM know that some of that info is fake regardless of what you've seen in threads.
I'm not saying it is all fake, just that MageLeif threw in some extra info to throw off TPCi

Bah, stop ruining my fun! I've seen no mention of that. >3>

But we'll see soon enough. I can live with some of the info being fake, but I'm still completely sure about the New Type. However, let's not go there again. :p

Yveltal96

A little more human
Bah, stop ruining my fun! I've seen no mention of that. >3>

But we'll see soon enough. I can live with some of the info being fake, but I'm still completely sure about the New Type. However, let's not go there again. :p

exactly I did say I talked to them personally didn't I?

the new type coming true is fairly likely. I'm still not a fan of it but the type matchups make sense at least, so i can deal with it

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
exactly I did say I talked to them personally didn't I?

the new type coming true is fairly likely. I'm still not a fan of it but the type matchups make sense at least, so i can deal with it

But he did state in long posts everything that was going on...

lol, fairly. :p

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~

Bus

Half fake to throw off the scent of them? Sounds legitmiate. Although I just really want that Dark/Psychic to be true. Plus, it's really fun to say "Malimar".

Malimar

Maaaallliiimaaaarrrr

Please be true. There's always the chance that the mix of fake/true information could be something like true pokemon, but bogus evolution methods. Like the idea of Pancham evolving by needing a Dark type on the team. An evolution for him could be true, but maybe the evolution method could be different.

Malimar

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Have to say that these rumors sound quite interesting now. Though the only problem I'd have is the fact that other Pokémon would be fixed to be part Fairy like Mawile while Charizard and Gyrados are left without the part-Dragon they should've been in the first place. I mean, even in the story Gyrados and Magikarp are based on was the carp turning into a dragon. Charizard learns more Dragon type moves and looks like a dragon.

But hey, I kinda like the idea behind Espurr. Especially it's name since it just sounds so cute. This doesn't mean I'll use it, but I'm not ruling out the point it could be the same as Zorua tier for me.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Sorry. I just woke up.

Huh, I expected you to say something rude back because I said that. Kudos for not. :3 No worries then~

Also, I must say, I'm very tired of rumors. And still, they are great for the news luls. Oh well.

I too, want a Dark/Psychic<3

Bariokie

rock dog
Have to say that these rumors sound quite interesting now. Though the only problem I'd have is the fact that other Pokémon would be fixed to be part Fairy like Mawile while Charizard and Gyrados are left without the part-Dragon they should've been in the first place. I mean, even in the story Gyrados and Magikarp are based on was the carp turning into a dragon. Charizard learns more Dragon type moves and looks like a dragon.

But hey, I kinda like the idea behind Espurr. Especially it's name since it just sounds so cute. This doesn't mean I'll use it, but I'm not ruling out the point it could be the same as Zorua tier for me.

Wouldn't it be pretty unfair against all the other starters when Charizard is Fire/Dragon?
All the fire,water,grass attacks are NE then..
That makes chespin sad :(

Nah would be too unfair
And Gyarados is already strong enough.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Wouldn't it be pretty unfair against all the other starters when Charizard is Fire/Dragon?
All the fire,water,grass attacks are NE then..
That makes chespin sad :(

Nah would be too unfair
And Gyarados is already strong enough.

Then catch a Pokémon to counter it and cover Chespin's weaknesses?

Avi604

Reef Trainer
If this Malimar pokemon does turn out to be real I hope for a very menacing design and I hope it does cause psychic/dark squid sounds epic!

Machomacho

Half fake to throw off the scent of them? Sounds legitmiate. Although I just really want that Dark/Psychic to be true. Plus, it's really fun to say "Malimar".

Malimar

Maaaallliiimaaaarrrr

Please be true. There's always the chance that the mix of fake/true information could be something like true pokemon, but bogus evolution methods. Like the idea of Pancham evolving by needing a Dark type on the team. An evolution for him could be true, but maybe the evolution method could be different.

Malimar

Dark/Psychic is something I have wanted for a long time and I hope it does come true! But honestly a squid? They could have done better..

Avi604

Reef Trainer
Dark/Psychic is something I have wanted for a long time and I hope it does come true! But honestly a squid? They could have done better..

A Squid is epic!
A squid also fits the dark/psychic type very well in my opinion. Squids are associated with sea monsters in myth for the dark side and they (and octopus) are the smartest of all invertabrates for the psychic side. A perfect fit IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.