• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Gyroscopic evolution is one of the most farfetche'd things I have heard come from this series, and that could be false.
If anyone was paying attention earlier today, I also pointed out that I have talked to both WPM and MageLeif. WPM has reason to believe that MageLeif added some false info into all of that to keep TPCi off of his trail (but it failed and he is in trouble for it)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Gyroscopic evolution is one of the most farfetche'd things I have heard come from this series, and that could be false.
If anyone was paying attention earlier today, I also pointed out that I have talked to both WPM and MageLeif. WPM has reason to believe that MageLeif added some false info into all of that to keep TPCi off of his trail (but it failed and he is in trouble for it)

Source?

Although assuming some are false, I'll admit that I quite liked all the rumors that he posted, especially the 3DS Gyroscope evolution method for Inkay.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Source?

Although assuming some are false, I'll admit that I quite liked all the rumors that he posted, especially the 3DS Gyroscope evolution method for Inkay.

WPM's source is MageLeif if that's what you mean. I talked to them personally. (Colt talked to MageLefi actually, but he showed me)
so, we can assume some of these rumors are in fact fake. As I also said earlier, it's just a matter of ruling out what is real and what isn't.
and TBH the gyroscopic evolution and espurr are some of the ones I assume would be fake.

Machomacho

WPM's source is MageLeif if that's what you mean. I talked to them personally. (Colt talked to MageLefi actually, but he showed me)
so, we can assume some of these rumors are in fact fake. As I also said earlier, it's just a matter of ruling out what is real and what isn't.
and TBH the gyroscopic evolution and espurr are some of the ones I assume would be fake.

You need to realize that you musts saying it does not make it true. I'm not saying I don't believe you, but you cannot say something and not back it up with evidence. Just saying it does not make evidence, you need something to back it up.

I think the turning of the 3DS for the suppose malimar might actually seem interesting. The fire lion idea is something I very much like. The man could be the flames and all that stuff. Definitely an attacker

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
True. Why do we need to believe you? Everybody can say that they know the rumours to be true or false...

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
I'm really curious on how this split PokeDex will work and why they added it. Is this region so enormous that it's just a necessity? Maybe it's just wishful thinking but with the increased capabilities of the 3DS I'm hoping this is the case. :)

BayBird

Hummingbird Advocate
Wintendo has struck again. I keep up on this thread solely to wait for him/her to pop up every 30 pages or so to goad some poor user.

I believe Wintendo's claim of understanding what is and his/her predicting of Nintendo's moves. Why would he/she be named Wintendo, after all?

stevencloser

Trading a pokemon for a certain other pokemon so they switch armors is more farfetched. And that one is true.

superyellowduck

Ace Trainer
I do think that all these evolutions are becoming more and more far fetched. I mean, gyroscopic evolution? Come on! Stick to evolving at pre-determined levels, by happiness, evolutionary stones and items and learning a move... I don't think they will go that far in depth with the 3DS - I think they are just doing it for a larger game, more processing power etc. I think the gyroscopic capabilities will only be useful for minigames that are in it.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Trading a pokemon for a certain other pokemon so they switch armors is more farfetched. And that one is true.

I think the evolution of turning it upside down is actually a pretty good one. It make the player more interactive with said pokemon in that you have to do something physical to make it evolve instead of just battling and leveling up.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I do think that all these evolutions are becoming more and more far fetched. I mean, gyroscopic evolution? Come on! Stick to evolving at pre-determined levels, by happiness, evolutionary stones and items and learning a move... I don't think they will go that far in depth with the 3DS - I think they are just doing it for a larger game, more processing power etc. I think the gyroscopic capabilities will only be useful for minigames that are in it.

Why stick to current methods of evolution instead of doing some new ones? It would kinda get tedious with using the old ways. Besides maybe the trade evolution Pokémon like Boldore could be implemented instead of trading.

Blaquaza

Elite Spritist
This may sound strange, but I'm very happy zigzagoon is in the dex, anyone who knows marriland will know why
I agree with you, but this could mean that we might not get a 'proper' common rodent, like how we got Wurmple in Sinnoh but we never got a caterpillar--->cocoon--->butterfly Pokemon in the 4th Gen.

rocky505

I agree with you, but this could mean that we might not get a 'proper' common rodent, like how we got Wurmple in Sinnoh but we never got a caterpillar--->cocoon--->butterfly Pokemon in the 4th Gen.
We had both Sentret and Rattata in Gen 2. Burmy I believe was supposed to fill that role of the common bug or Kricketot.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
You need to realize that you musts saying it does not make it true. I'm not saying I don't believe you, but you cannot say something and not back it up with evidence. Just saying it does not make evidence, you need something to back it up.

I think the turning of the 3DS for the suppose malimar might actually seem interesting. The fire lion idea is something I very much like. The man could be the flames and all that stuff. Definitely an attacker

Though, Yveltal doesn't have proof, you have to admit, some of the things mentioned in the rumor are pretty Farfetched. Air battles and Meowstick sound pretty fake to me. I think the gyroscopic evolution thing will be true though, many of the new nintendo games seem to be using the gyroscope in some way or another.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Though, Yveltal doesn't have proof, you have to admit, some of the things mentioned in the rumor are pretty Farfetched. Air battles and Meowstick sound pretty fake to me. I think the gyroscopic evolution thing will be true though, many of the new nintendo games seem to be using the gyroscope in some way or another.

Plus using the gyroscope wouldn't be new in the pokemon franchise. It is used with the dream radar

Also with the big three nintendo games( Zelda, Mario and Pokemon) Pokemon is the only one to not use the gyroscope in a main series game

Last edited:

Ditto24

I really would love for the ingame map to be in 3D, Like instead of an actual map, it like a hologram device that beams up a 3D image, so you could see just how high mountains are etc. And you could move the whole map around on an axis to view it better, as opposed to just a birds eye view.

I don't really like the idea of gyroscopic evolution. That is something that would fit in in a spin-off game, but not main series. This is also something you do outside of the game, and doesn't affect in-game, unless GF decides to give the player gravity-altering abillities. And besides, GF must make sure this works in future generations, probably even on stationary consoles. I don't want a repetition of Feebas.
(However my main reason is that it would look incredible stupid doing it in public.)

XGallade

I don't really like the idea of gyroscopic evolution. That is something that would fit in in a spin-off game, but not main series. This is also something you do outside of the game, and doesn't affect in-game, unless GF decides to give the player gravity-altering abillities. And besides, GF must make sure this works in future generations, probably even on stationary consoles. I don't want a repetition of Feebas.
(However my main reason is that it would look incredible stupid doing it in public.)

They'll probably just create an item called Upside Down for consoles without a gyroscope.

Not that I don't dislike the idea though.

rocky505

Look what they did for Umbreon and Espeon in XD since there was no Night/Day system. They'll just make an item or change how it evolves(like feebas). The thing that confuses me is how they'll explain it in the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.