• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto24

It's hard to know if this is real coz we don't know what the pokemon is meant to look like, if we had a picture of it, it might make more sense. Like if we saw Hitmontop and it said you have to tip the 3DS upside down THAT would make sense.

Look what they did for Umbreon and Espeon in XD since there was no Night/Day system. They'll just make an item or change how it evolves(like feebas). The thing that confuses me is how they'll explain it in the anime.
Exactly, but I I don't see it as a problem limited to the anime. I'm not buying "Turn your 3DS upside down to alter gravity" or something. I find it kind of important that most of the stuff should be possible without a 3DS(this also includes stuff like pushing special buttons for pokemon to evolve and so on). So it can be portrayed in manga, anime, and just plain give off a feeling that this is an independent universe.
It's hard to know if this is real coz we don't know what the pokemon is meant to look like, if we had a picture of it, it might make more sense. Like if we saw Hitmontop and it said you have to tip the 3DS upside down THAT would make sense.
I take it as a fact that the pokemon would have some upside down qualities, but that doesn't give any more depth to how the evoltution happens in-universe.

Actually, it's not too difficult. Nintendo released a big slew of pokemon just before this was released and do we ever get two big bags of info in a row like this? No. Plus, the information is too detailed to be coming from anything but CoroCoro, and they would have released images as well. Gravity based evolution? That is the least intuitive method of evolution yet and is far too gimmicky for GF to test with such a successful project. The other names aren't clever, and as for the attacks, anybody could come up with some realistic moves like that. Additionally, it states that there will be a Fairy type move, which leans on another rumor in itself.
It is unlikely that they would reveal the simple method of evolution for Pancham this early on. The rumor-maker merely picked it because it was the most popular. And as for the two rivals bit? That repetition seems suspicious, and we have already seen the female character as a possible rival if you choose the male one. This will likely result in rival similarities with the Hoenn region. Also, in one of the recent games, somebody already gives you the original starters to choose from in addition to your current ones(I believe that it was HG/SS).
And releasing the starter's final evolution's types so early is ridiculously doubtful. In Black and White it took months for the second stage starters to be leaked, and we had pictures. The jump to the starter's types is far too engineered to the speculation for it to be true. And besides, we only got the final starter evolutions confirmed about a week from release in Japan in B/W.

Last edited:

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Exactly, but I I don't see it as a problem limited to the anime. I'm not buying "Turn your 3DS upside down to alter gravity" or something. I find it kind of important that most of the stuff should be possible without a 3DS(this also includes stuff like pushing special buttons for pokemon to evolve and so on). So it can be portrayed in manga, anime, and just plain give off a feeling that this is an independent universe.

I take it as a fact that the pokemon would have some upside down qualities, but that doesn't give any more depth to how the evoltution happens in-universe.

evolutions in the anime are different to those in the games sometimes. Take misty's politoad for example

Rampharos

Plus the steroscopic 3D wouldn't work while it's upside down and the gyroscopes aren't meant for the console to be flipped upside down, just turned and rotated. That smells like BS to me.

rocky505

evolutions in the anime are different to those in the games sometimes. Take misty's politoad for example

That was long ago though when the anime would make all kinds of errors. They hardly ever do that anymore.

Plus the steroscopic 3D wouldn't work while it's upside down and the gyroscopes aren't meant for the console to be flipped upside down, just turned and rotated. That smells like BS to me.

Oh. Simpler than I thought. Kudos.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.

Maybe you would have to turn it upside down, and then right side up again.

Maybe Voltorb evolves by flipping your DS :D.

Maybe you would have to turn it upside down, and then right side up again.

Maybe Voltorb evolves by flipping your DS :D.

Maybe the rumor is so riddled with holes that if it were to be incarnated into a physical form, it would resemble Swiss cheese. Rotten Swiss cheese.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
Remmber: They're rumors, not official confirmations.
So it's best to just wait and see.

stevencloser

Look what they did for Umbreon and Espeon in XD since there was no Night/Day system. They'll just make an item or change how it evolves(like feebas). The thing that confuses me is how they'll explain it in the anime.

Calling back the pokemon with an upside down Pokeball obviously.

Calling back the pokemon with an upside down Pokeball obviously.

Just think about how ridiculous that sounds, on top of all the other nonsense paired with that rumor.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
TBH, why does the 3DS have a gyroscope in the first place? It ruins the 3D just moving the system to use the gyroscope. At least, it does for me, like in Luigis Mansion where you til the 3DS side to side when walking across ropes and such.

Last edited:

mtie123

Johto's Hero
TBH, why does the 3DS have a gyroscope in the first place? It ruins the 3D just moving the system to use the gyroscope.

Paired with the augmented reality feature, some really cool features can be introduced e.g. in Ocarina of time you use it to aim the bow if you wish

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Well, moving it like that makes the 3D go wonky for me. Which is why I don't really use the gyroscope(when it isn't required.) or the 3D anymore.
I generally just use 3D for cutscenes and not gameplay.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
TBH, why does the 3DS have a gyroscope in the first place? It ruins the 3D just moving the system to use the gyroscope.

The gyroscope plays a big factor in the 3DS, especially for the augmented reality.
The gyroscope allows accurate recognition of movement within a 3D space.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
@Wuvala
Silly. Isn't it obvious? Now he knows it twice! :3

Also, the Sylveon in your Sig is awesome. Cute Pokémon looking evil is always the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.