• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm12

Weather Bearer
I'm really getting wound up about the Legend types :p if they've let the Fairy type-cat [lol Sylveon] out the bag, then what is there still to hide? They've given us a lot of associated imagery with the box art and website and trailers- so why the ?????

Skiddsy

Amping It Up
So why the hate on Talonflame? I thought we all wanted a break in the Normal/Flying bird pattern.

Nobody hates IT, they hate the name. That's all. I love Seel, but it still has an awful name. In my accent (Utah - though it sounds just pretty much average-american), the pun makes no sense. Tal rhymes with the name Hal. And "On" often becomes "en". Think Tahlenflame. Like, Talent, but without the T. It's a non-pun. And I'm very much a punster, so it pains me to see such a bad attempt at a pun, if that's what it's supposed to be. It's tail isn't even really on fire.

...Also Fire/Flying is one of the worst type combos in the competitive game, so it'll be sadly pretty much useless.

XXD17

Draco rex

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Thye just released a video with talonflame using the same move chespin was using in the initial trailer...is that enough to mark it as aerial ace?

Perhaps, but let's not start that again.

I like the little lobster thing. I can't read the words-which one is that? I want it, he looks adorable.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Nobody hates IT, they hate the name. That's all. I love Seel, but it still has an awful name. In my accent (Utah - though it sounds just pretty much average-american), the pun makes no sense. Tal rhymes with the name Hal. And "On" often becomes "en". Think Tahlenflame. Like, Talent, but without the T. It's a non-pun. And I'm very much a punster, so it pains me to see such a bad attempt at a pun, if that's what it's supposed to be. It's tail isn't even really on fire.

...Also Fire/Flying is one of the worst type combos in the competitive game, so it'll be sadly pretty much useless.

i didn't think the name would be such a problem. but i guess if somebody doesn't know how to pronounce it it could be annoying. at first i would pronounce xerneas in the same manner you would pronounce Xavier (Ex-erneas). Speaking of Xavier, that's the male playable character's name and i like it. I'm calling Yolanda for the female.

anyway, yes talonflame will be borderline useless or stealthrock-bait competitively but if it hits fast and hard, it could find itself a place in the lower tiers. *cries*

CrusherTheFeraligatr

The pictures of talonflame make be appreciate it much more

Yeah, and I can't even tell what the thing fighting the lobster is supposed to be.

Skiddsy

Amping It Up
i didn't think the name would be such a problem. but i guess if somebody doesn't know how to pronounce it it could be annoying. at first i would pronounce xerneas in the same manner you would pronounce Xavier (Ex-erneas). Speaking of Xavier, that's the male playable character's name and i like it. I'm calling Yolanda for the female.

anyway, yes talonflame will be borderline useless or stealthrock-bait competitively but if it hits fast and hard, it could find itself a place in the lower tiers. *cries*

AAAAH, that's not how you pronounce Xavier unless you're talking X-Men. It's Zay-vee-ur, and that is how it has always been pronounced in everything except X-Men, where it was altered just for the sake of the X. Xerneas has similar phonetics.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
also we've had one other regional bird that wasn't just flying/normal hoothoot anyone? noctowl? flying/physic. anyway love all the new info coming in

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I think its a shrimp.

Ah, thanks. I hope the lobster/shrimp aren't version exclusive, but its s decent probability, given the colors, seems like they did that on purpose. I hope the lobster is on y. He's a definite team member.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
......yep, Talonflame is just that, Talon + Flame. It's tail isn't on fire at all, so it can't be a pun of "tail on flame".

Status
Not open for further replies.