• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandreigon

Pokemon Master
Is it just me, or does the way the main website read imply that Talonflame is not the final evolution of Fletchling. It says it is 'an evolved form of the recently revealed fletchling' ... maybe I am reading too much into this.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Staraptor now has some competition for the big daddy of the regional birds lol

Wait till be see this things stats, then we'll be able to see if it competes with Staraptor both in-game and competitive.

storm12

Weather Bearer
Is it just me, or does the way the main website read imply that Talonflame is not the final evolution of Fletchling. It says it is 'an evolved form of the recently revealed fletchling' ... maybe I am reading too much into this.

Nope :)

I thought the very same thing- it seems they are being very careful with their word choices etc. with these reveals, so I reckon that is the case.

rocky505

Wait till be see this things stats, then we'll be able to see if it competes with Staraptor both in-game and competitive.

Staraptor has already won in competitive because of Talonflame's fire/flying type. But Talonflame is the coolest looking bird we've had along with Staraptor. It's already a major improvement over Unfezant in the looks department IMO.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Anyone catch this on the PokeBeach feed?

"6:43: Backtracking, but there was apparently a new Fire-type shown that looks like a small dog."

^Think there's anything to this, or a misconception?

*~*

I'm still holding out hope that CoroCoro or Smash! will give us info on Xerneas and Yveltal's types. The mystery is beginning to sicken me lol.

I hope there's a new dog. Can anyone give me a link, please?

Enjolras

Master of the House
Do you think Talonflame is the final evolution, or is there more to come?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Talonflame may have a chance in competitive if its ability prevents it from getting damaged by entry hazards - or if they are nerfing SR.

Chandreigon

Pokemon Master
And not to spark another Sylveon war, but now that its type has been revealed, have you noticed that the only time we have been shown the gender of a sylveon it is a female. Look at the PSS page I think its the 3rd image.

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair
Horde battle with 5 Audinos anyone?

storm12

Weather Bearer
Something that should have been done long ago.

I reckon an overall total damage reduction to 25% or something- it seems they are definitely considering unbalanced elements in the game with Fairy type designed explicitly to counter Dragon-

So in bringing in a new pokemon that we could predict has NO chance on the battling scene just because of it's typing alone, I think that warrants a bit more fairness and balance for such pokemon :)

ebevan91

Horde battle with 5 Audinos anyone?

Imagine starting with a level 1 and battling 5 Audinos that are around level 65 or whatever the highest level they can be found at. Switch out to a level 100, beat the Audinos, and watch your level 1 hit level 60 or 70 after just 1 battle.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Yo, a Lion cub Pokemon was seen there too! According to Pokebeach! I love this day.

Where's the picture of it? I watched the amie part again, but I don't see it.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

It was shown during the Roundtable...therefore no one has fully seen it. It was just a glimpse.

Ah. I hope we get a picture soon. And that fully evolved it gets a cat like muzzle, not a head that looks like a birdie.

Status
Not open for further replies.