• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

As far as Raikou goes, he, Entei and Suicune are referred to as the legendary "dogs". Design wise, he may resemble a tiger(along with Arcanine). But, the base animal is in fact a dog.

No they're not they are called the Legendary Beasts. Dogs was a fan name.

Flareon Fan

Ace Trainer
Exactly. A Ghost/Fairy Mismagius would have as immunities:

:: Ground
:: Fighting
:: Normal
:: Dragon

Talking about OP.

Erm... Let's look at the facts here, Mismagius has a fairly average BST of 495, it has a pretty bad movepool(only usable coverage moves are t-bolt and psychic, which have poor synergy with ghost), it's defenses are so bad that almost any neutral hit takes it out and also it is literally at the bottom of UU's usage statistics (0.5% less usage and Mismagius would be RU) I honestly don't think that adding fairy type and one more resistance would be make it "OP". It may become a threat in UU, but she's certainly not going to cause a ripple in OU.

Aaaanyway, Gardevoir is fairy, i am so psyched by this! Marill i don't really get, but whatever as long as Bellosom, Misdreavus/Mismagius, Mawile, Liligant and Cherrim are retyped with fairy i will buy a 3DS and X or Y, or maybe even both! Then i can have a fairy type mono run with formerly unappreciated Pokemon given a new lease on life =)

Mystic Flygon

Well it's based on a combination of Lions, tigers and dogs.

It's based on Shisa Dogs. Dogs being the key word, Arcanine is canine with attributes of tigers and lions just like Flygon is a dragon with attributes of an insect.

humilau

Mister Fisher!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I've been sold on getting Clauncher ever since on learning it could use Crabhammer, since that's one of the moves I've wanted to use for a while

zomgzeus

Who's excited for X&Y????

telivisionhead

Its been confirmed for the fairy type of pokemon. Sylveon is a fairy type. But cmon, if they did a new type(they have) WHY FAIR?!?!?!?!?!?! Out of all things.... Hopefully its good, im probably gonna catch a Sylveon even that its fairy type, about time Dragon gets weak to something(not counting ice) but still I dunno what is gonna happen with this new type and what the fairy pokemon will be....

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
As far as Raikou goes, he, Entei and Suicune are referred to as the legendary "dogs". Design wise, he may resemble a tiger(along with Arcanine). But, the base animal is in fact a dog.

I don't know why a Sabertooth Tiger, a Lion and a Panther are based on dogs, I though those 3 animals were cat, it seems I have been lied to all my life :( my cat must be a dog also.

Thats a stupid fanmade name.

Mystic Flygon

I don't know why a Sabertooth Tiger, a Lion and a Panther are based on dogs, I though those 3 animals were cat, it seems I have been lied to all my life :( my cat must be a dog also.

You see Suicune as a panther? Out of the 3 he has the most canine features. But in reality they're called the legendary beasts and are most certainly based off of various different mammals including cats and dogs.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
You see Suicune as a panther? Out of the 3 he has the most canine features. But in reality they're called the legendary beasts and are most certainly based off of various different mammals including cats and dogs.

It is a cat a less bulkier than a Lion(Entei) and a Sabertooth(Raikou) so Panther, Leopard, wtv is fine by me but its a cat, they don't just make the other two cats and make this a random dfierent thing.

Lyra3490

No need to get snarky, jesus. That's what I've always known them as, I see them more doglike than catlike. How about we go with "chimera"? Or, if we're going with "stupid fandoms" how about the head cannon that the three "legendary beasts"are actually reincarnated Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon? Eevee is a fox yes? Personally I'd consider a fox closer to a dog than a cat. But I dunno, apparently I've been a part of some "stupid fandom" all these years and not known about it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I'm pretty sure Suicune is based on a feline, more specifically, a spotted leopard or panther. I see no canine-esque features. :x

I've been sold on getting Clauncher ever since on learning it could use Crabhammer, since that's one of the moves I've wanted to use for a while

I was sold the minute we got a high-quality image of it. It sort of resembles other crustacean Pokemon, but there's also some originality there that makes it interesting. I like that it looks upset and not dopey like Corphish lol. I really want one on my team.

Mystic Flygon

It is a cat a less bulkier than a Lion(Entei) and a Sabertooth(Raikou) so Panther, Leopard, wtv is fine by me but its a cat, they don't just make the other two cats and make this a random dfierent thing.
It's not like it has to be the same as the other 2, I imagine they made it different on purpose to represent it's position as leader of the group.

I'm pretty sure Suicune is based on a feline, more specifically, a spotted leopard or panther. I see no canine-esque features. :x

The elongated snout is a big giveaway.

Ver-mont

By whom?

It's nowhere near being an official term. And it makes no sense, all three are felines.

Tiger, lion, cheetah.

Yeah..we actually might see info in CoroCoro they we haven't seen previously..

Well, we can. Movie-related.

That wouldn't be shown on E3 because it's not about games.

Status
Not open for further replies.